Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, but as I've said, that Ecoboost is a sweet little car. My research is basically Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and what I've experienced myself.
maybe we can both show up at Carisle with the 'wrong' car and see how that goes over... Mik brings his Dodge thing-a-ma-jig.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My car is stock. My experience has been that I've never encountered a Mustang GT that could stay with me whether in a straight line, or even more pronounced, if there are curves. I'm sure there are modified Mustang GTs out there that would leave me in the dust, but I don't think there has ever been a stock Mustang GT that could do that.

Having said that, the position on the Camaro 6th gen forum is that a GT350 and an SS 1LE are about on par performance wise. That seems to be the consensus of the car writers too.

Styling and sound preferences are subjective. I like the styling of my SS, I think a GT350/500 looks better. I like the sound of my SS, particularly since I keep the exhaust locked in track mode. I happen to think the Mustang sounds really good to. In terms of sound, I would be happy with either one.

With respect to dependability I can only state what I've experienced. I'm almost at 50,000 miles and all I've ever had to do was put gas in it, change the oil and change the tires., oh and a couple of air filters.

For me it came down to a choice between a slightly better performer and a slightly better looking car. I chose performance. I haven't regretted it.
I don't mind seeing the newer Cam err ohs on the road. Their blue looks damn good next to my Ruby Red on a sunny day. I don't race anyone and only find myself in Mexico from time to time for purely my own enjoyment. I do not doubt the same or similar enjoyment could be had in a Camaro. We all like what we like. I would rather see more Chargers/Challengers and Camaros on the road instead of the econoboxes and SUV's.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I don't mind seeing the newer Cam err ohs on the road. Their blue looks damn good next to my Ruby Red on a sunny day. I don't race anyone and only find myself in Mexico from time to time for purely my own enjoyment. I do not doubt the same or similar enjoyment could be had in a Camaro. We all like what we like. I would rather see more Chargers/Challengers and Camaros on the road instead of the econoboxes and SUV's.
Plus 10000

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
General Motor Trend? Last I check, races are won on pavement, not paper. You might have won a few fluke bouts against The Manual Man. I doubt you've met the full fury of the king of the Auto Boys. Next Spring, Mustang Owner's Museum, be there.

gauntlet.jpg
Ummm, I drive a manual....but, with no lift shift I don't see automatics as having an edge. But yeah, if you need an auto to keep up, that's fine with me.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I thought they were going to stop making the Camaro?

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think he meant my Charger against the Ecoboost. Charger vs. Camaro wouldn't, in the strictest sense, be fair...for the Camaro.
You would choose the Charger over the Mustang? You gain just a tad over the Mustang in acceleration, but you sacrifice everything in terms of handling. The Charger is a boat, with a max G of only .93 compared to just over a G for the Mustang and 1.12 for the Camaro. No thanks, might as well buy a Jeep with a Hemi in it.

Qckslvr

fiercely mediocre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Me and Chevrolet have a very checkered past.

My first experience was my father's '81 van that we used to tow a race car around. I had to run an errand and it spat the driveline out. And no I was not doing a burn out. First van dies, second chevy van arrives, a 79. Every effing time I drove that van it would over heat. Yet my dad, with a trailer.... it was fine.... That van hated me. I then bought a 1998 Camaro V6, it holed a piston at 36,500 miles and GM would do nothing, no warranty assistance NOTHING. I left that Camaro at the dealership with the keys locked in it, blocking their service driveway and a nice note written on the windows in white paint. My last Camaro wasn't to bad, it was 2002 Z28 with T-tops. It was the first Chevy I had ever driven that didn't give me sh**. I traded it in for a Mach 1 :p

In 2013 I had a Mustang GT, and my buddy bought a 2013 Camaro LS something package. It had all the racing goodies. I tried to sit in it, and I just couldn't do it. Plus the visibility in the car was just pure crap. We later went to the track and my stock solid axle 13 whooped him good. Granted I had been auto crossing for 10 years to his never been on a track.... but a victory is a victory LOL

Last edited:

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, you got me there. I see Chargers are really great handling cars. The Charger RT can give up 85 horses to the Camaro SS, gain over 500 lbs, have an outdated suspension and rear end and chassis, and still out accelerate and out handle the Camaro. LOL:crackup:. I bet it makes you coffee in the mornings too, right?

Or go with the SRT, and now you're up 30 horsepower over the Camaro, but tip the scales at +700 lbs, and still running on a platform that hasn't had a meaningful upgrade in 10 years.

Last edited:

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand. So, there are no experts, and posted times don't mean anything, it's what each individual claims they've done that matters.

To me the Charger is bigger and boatier than either the Mustang or the Camaro. They have those fat Hemis, which gives them good straight line runs, and they're roomier, definitely more comfortable for people in the back seat, but four doors....not a Charger to me. Although I've thought about getting one for the wife since she makes the grocery runs.

The Challenger OTH is truer to its roots. I really like the look, especially the wide body.

I don't know where SJ is, but if you think either of those cars can run, bring them to Road Atlanta and we'll see.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
I understand. So, there are no experts, and posted times don't mean anything, it's what each individual claims they've done that matters.

To me the Charger is bigger and boatier than either the Mustang or the Camaro. They have those fat Hemis, which gives them good straight line runs, and they're roomier, definitely more comfortable for people in the back seat, but four doors....not a Charger to me. Although I've thought about getting one for the wife since she makes the grocery runs.

The Challenger OTH is truer to its roots. I really like the look, especially the wide body.

I don't know where SJ is, but if you think either of those cars can run, bring them to Road Atlanta and we'll see.
I drove the 2019 Challenger and Charger, so I know you haven't. The Charger is a tighter drive by far. I mean one time I beat an awd audi suv from a dig in the rain with my gt. On paper this doesn't make sense, so it must not have happened.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drove the 2019 Challenger and Charger, so I know you haven't. The Charger is a tighter drive by far. I mean one time I beat an awd audi suv from a dig in the rain with my gt. On paper this doesn't make sense, so it must not have happened.
I have driven the current generation Charger, Mustang and obviously Camaro, but not the Challenger. I just said I like the look better, no idea how they handle relative to the Charger.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just me, but
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
:like:

I already stated the place of meeting. Be present, or accept the forfeit of honor. The king has spoken!
Well since I'm the Emperor of the Known Universe I'll set the terms. LOL. But I'll let you pick your poison, defeat in a Charger, or defeat in a Mustang, cause I'm a generous Emperor.