Alberto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Owned a camaro in the early 80s that was two years old and rattled like an old greyhound bus. Owned a '98 Cobra for 20 years that had zero rattles. That was big for me. Camaro's are cool and I like seeing them around, respect their owners- but they just don't do it for me anymore.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Because local Chevrolet dealers were firmed at $56K for a 1SS 1LE and I bought my Mustang for $48K down from $55K.

Also because I think aftermarket support for the Mustang is bigger than for the Camaro.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Because local Chevrolet dealers were firmed at $56K for a 1SS 1LE and I bought my Mustang for $48K down from $55K.

Also because I think aftermarket support for the Mustang is bigger than for the Camaro.
56k? In what world? Msrp is like 46k or less

How much are you modifying your car? The 1le doesnt really need anything

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well they’ve never discontinued the Mustang.. they have discontinued the Camaro for 8 years and there’s talk that it’ll be discontinued again after 2023. Clearly the Mustang is the better car. :giggle:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
56k? In what world? Msrp is like 46k or less

How much are you modifying your car? The 1le doesnt really need anything
Yeap. I live in Puerto Rico. We pay excise taxes plus most of the dealers sell over the MSRP. Most people here dont know the real prices of the cars or dont know how to negotiate.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
been a Ford guy since before i could drive....

what’s a camero?

That's a person that walks on stage says nothing and walks off.....

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well they’ve never discontinued the Mustang.. they have discontinued the Camaro for 8 years and there’s talk that it’ll be discontinued again after 2023. Clearly the Mustang is the better car. :giggle:
Nah..they are apparently still going to make it.

Again, sales doesnt always mean better.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeap. I live in Puerto Rico. We pay excise taxes plus most of the dealers sell over the MSRP. Most people here dont know the real prices of the cars or dont know how to negotiate.
Crazy you got the gt for less. Normally the ss 1le is cheaper than even the pp1.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It's cute how you bought a Camaro, and now feel like you have to tow the party line, so to speak :giggle:

Seriously though, the Mustang outselling the Camaro does matter. It means that in the pony car/sports car/sports coupe/whatever-you-fucking-call-it segment, people prefer the Mustang. Regardless of the reasons. The performance comparison across the model range is a wash. The price comparison is a wash. The more important metrics aren't so ambiguous. The looks of the Camaro are divisive, the practicality suffers, and the value as a road car is lesser. These are borne out in both reviews and sales.

The Mustang is broadly considered a better looking, better to live with, more daily drivable car. I really hope Chevy considers these aspects if/when they decide to consider continuing the program. I don't want another 8 year gap between generations. There are precious few American performance cars left. We don't need to lose another because the people up top forgot why these cars are popular.
Not everyone buys their car for the same reasons i do. Clearly.

I still stand by my point that more sales doesn't necessarily mean better. The camaro performs much better NA and around a track, especially for the price and trim for trim. A 42k camaro being even or better than a gt350 is impressive. It also has more creature comfort features. The mustang doesnt really even come close on that IMO. I love both, but like i said many times, credit where credit is due.

As i said before, the camaro could be the best performing sports car in the world, and the mustang the worst, and the mustang would still outsale it. It has a bigger name. More history. More of a following of die hard fans.

Looks are dependent on the person. Id wager a good amount of people would still buy the mustang if it were ugly. But its not. Its less "in your face" than the camaro, and i think that eliminates a lot of sales for the camaro because majority of the people buying either of these cars dont care about their performance. At least not beyond "its a v8". I've also seen where a lot of people dont even know the camaro is still being made, that shows how chevy fails to advertise it and that clearly will hurt sales if people dont realize they are even made still.

Going from my 2018 mustang gt premium..even with a supercharger and thousands in suspension goodies, was a HUGE difference when going to a camaro. Its very noticeable imo. And now that i have the heads up display, the nicer seats, the rear view camera, etc etc..i dont care for the gt "premium" interior anymore. Base is even worse sadly. I did consider a brand new pp1 with every feature i wanted, but to me it fell flat of the camaro.

For a boosted build, id choose the mustang though. If my mustang was a manual i probably would still be in it and wouldnt know what i was missing tbh. I also argue if people care about practicality, they are in the wrong market. Consider the charger.

Either way, its awesome we have such great cars to choose from. And personally idc what anyone else drives, if you are an enthusiast and arent a prick, you are cool in my book.

Last edited:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I don't agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Thats fair. Its good to have varying opinions.

That said, performance and track numbers, especially for the price, speak for themselves.

Both imo are great looking, amazing performing cars. Just depends on what suits your needs and wants more.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I'm still trying to figure out how the Challenger does so well being slow, heavy, and worse to sit in (from personal experience), and I own a Charger :crackup:
I think it goes back to the argument i said before.

People like the looks of the challenger. That goes a long way. Performance past being a v8 doesnt matter to 90% of the buyers. Dodge also has awesome commercials for their challenger, charger, and trackhawk.

Gotta admit, i love the Challenger too looks wise. I considered a scatpack challenger, hellcat challenger, and scatpack charger. The challenger just felt so..meh. and so floaty when going fast and around turns. The scatpack charger will likely be the car i buy if i go to a 4 door and it isnt a truck.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You're dead right on that. The Challenger looks the business, and that's enough for some. I just don't understand what they were doing with the suspension setup though. The Charger just handles better than you'd think it would. The only time it has felt heavy was in the past month when I've used it as a moving van :crackup:. With the car loaded to the gills, it still felt better than the Challenger around tight exit ramps and the like.
Hard to beat a nice murdered out challenger imo. Or a white one with a shaker hood.

The charger does feel a lot better though. And is very practical (other than fuel economy but who needs that) compared to the others. Im sure passengers enjoy the heated rear seats too.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Nah..they are apparently still going to make it.

Again, sales doesnt always mean better.
Correct better is subjective. What sales do mean is how well it is liked or desired. Thus a Mustang is a more desired car than a Camaro.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Correct better is subjective. What sales do mean is how well it is liked or desired. Thus a Mustang is a more desired car than a Camaro.
Or it's more well known. Depends how you choose to define things.