Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do track my car, but the suspension difference isn’t enough to overweigh the benefits of the Mustang. More space, better visibility, better interior (IMO, I know a lot of people disagree), better looking, and most importantly, you can fit a helmet through the window

I also much prefer high-revving V8s to trick engines. But things I like more about the Camaro are the trans and the seating position. I think seating position is a HUGE part of the reason people tend to think of the Camaro as “a better chassis”... it’s not that the chassis is really THAT much better, it’s just that Chevy did good work seating the driver right on the center of gravity, whereas in the Ford, it feels like you’re sitting above and behind it

Edit: I’ll also add, HUD and built-in PDR are 2 features that I’m SUPER jealous of and I think Ford has fallen behind the curve on that one considering they have all the hardware to make it happen (lesser Ford models and even the GT350 have HUD, and the Ford GT has PDR integrated into Sync3 that was SUPPOSED to expand into other vehicles, but never went anywhere :eyeroll: )

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
as does the Camaro
https://www.tremec.com/noticias_detalle/2019-camaro-with-manual-transmission/
Hmm GM considers the 3160 only suitable for Turbo 4 and V6 application and yet Ford uses it for the V8. What does GM know that Ford chose differently?

but you're right the SS uses the 6060
https://www.tremec.com/noticias_detalle/camaro-ss-with-tremec-manual/
Yes the 3160 with the special custom internals was part of the extensive work Ford did to keep the GT350 as light as possible.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the 1LE recaros are very tight for us adults. They are fine for 160lb little guys. But I sat in a recaro GT350 and those were WAY WORSE. Those were total deal breaker seats for me. But I wouldnt probably end up with either a 1LE or a GT350 anyway. The 2SS camaro seats are fine as well as the mustang GT seats. Cloth or leather doesnt matter.
I'm 6"2" and around 225lbs and the Recaros in my GT350R were comfortable. Seating feel is always going to be entirely subjective.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
and most importantly, you can fit a helmet through the window
A helmet is a little like a football fitting into a locker in this scenario. If you turn it sideways, itll fit through the window just fine.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeah the 1LE recaros are very tight for us adults. They are fine for 160lb little guys. But I sat in a recaro GT350 and those were WAY WORSE. Those were total deal breaker seats for me. But I wouldnt probably end up with either a 1LE or a GT350 anyway. The 2SS camaro seats are fine as well as the mustang GT seats. Cloth or leather doesnt matter.
"Us adults" lol.

Myself: 6'4 205ish loves the seats in the 2ss 1le
My girlfriend (not a different size than a lot of women btw) 5'3 about 125
My dad 6'5 right around 295lbs

All love the recaros in the ss 1le.

Shame we arent adult sized yet. Maybe oneday

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
And you could always paint the hood matte black if you didn't like what you saw if you did ever peel the wrap off.

I'm from the time when matte hoods had only started to show up, and I actually sprayed the hoods on a couple of my cars' matte.

Norm
Very good point as well. The hood shouldn't even be a factor imo. Its a pretty silly detail to not consider a car over. But like i said, different market of people i guess.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
A helmet is a little like a football fitting into a locker in this scenario. If you turn it sideways, itll fit through the window just fine.
How are you supposed to climb out of the car with your helmet turned sideways? Then your shoulders will get stuck in the window, and you won’t be able to turn your head

Also, FWIW, neither of my helmets were even able to fit through sideways. Maybe I just have bulky helmets, but it wouldn’t work for me

"Us adults" lol.

6’2” and 205lbs here, love the Recaros in both cars

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
"Us adults" lol.

I personally don't really like the Recaros in the 1LE. They are much better than the Ford Recaros in the GT350 and 500, but still not comfortable for me. 6'4" 210.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I personally don't really like the Recaros in the 1LE. They are much better than the Ford Recaros in the GT350 and 500, but still not comfortable for me. 6'4" 210.
Thats fine. We all have different bodies and ergos

I was mostly responding to the silly "us adults" thing. When he is much smaller than my father and not much bigger than me. Hell, depending on his percentage of fat, i might be bigger than him although im roughly 20lbs lighter. Lol

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
How are you supposed to climb out of the car with your helmet turned sideways? Then your shoulders will get stuck in the window, and you won’t be able to turn your head

Also, FWIW, neither of my helmets were even able to fit through sideways. Maybe I just have bulky helmets, but it wouldn’t work for me

6’2” and 205lbs here, love the Recaros in both cars
It was more of a joke. But a poor one.

The windows are very small. Sometimes the drive through gets dicey too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Thats fine. We all have different bodies and ergos

I was mostly responding to the silly "us adults" thing. When he is much smaller than my father and not much bigger than me. Hell, depending on his percentage of fat, i might be bigger than him although im roughly 20lbs lighter. Lol
Well, fat is less dense than muscle or bone, that's for sure. So if you weigh the same as someone but you have more fat % than them, then you will be bigger. I agree the us adults thing is silly.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well, fat is less dense than muscle or bone, that's for sure. So if you weigh the same as someone but you have more fat % than them, then you will be bigger. I agree the us adults thing is silly.
It goes a little further than that. Bigger can also be a bit subjective

Youve never seen two people at around the same weight but one has much larger arms and chest, or legs? Thats muscle vs fat and the packaging that can come with it. Also with males, as fat percetage rises, it tends to go towards the midsection.

Hell, i have a buddy that is about the same size as my dad, but he is MUCH bigger because he is simply jacked.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It goes a little further than that. Bigger can also be a bit subjective

Youve never seen two people at around the same weight but one has much larger arms and chest, or legs? Thats muscle vs fat and the packaging that can come with it. Also with males, as fat percetage rises, it tends to go towards the midsection.

Hell, i have a buddy that is about the same size as my dad, but he is MUCH bigger because he is simply jacked.
Oh yeah, I get what you are saying. I think you are saying that a tall or muscular person can be intimidating.

I was just equating big with volume/size per the definition of big. Anyhoo - your buddy also weighs a LOT more than your dad, I expect. Muscle is heavy.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Oh yeah, I get what you are saying. I think you are saying that a tall or muscular person can be intimidating.

I was just equating big with volume/size per the definition of big. Anyhoo - your buddy also weighs a LOT more than your dad, I expect. Muscle is heavy.
In a sense. I get the muscle vs fat density thing (a lb is a lb no matter what). I was a physical therapist assistant and a personal trainer prior to thr military. But a smaller (weight wise) person can appear larger than someone heavier depending on muscle.

Actually, my dad is a little heavier. You wouldnt think it looking at them though.

When i say my buddy is huge, hes like 6'5 285ish, jacked. 6 pack and all. Hes crazy. People always got scared at some of the silly tug o war competitions when he walked up. My dad is the same height but closer to 295-300. My dad is a big dude dont get me wrong, but he doesnt look as big as my buddy. Lol

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
..... and most importantly, you can fit a helmet through the window
But that means you have to trust your harness to prevent you being ejected in a Mustang roll-over. Camaro provides an important failsafe.