Sponsored

Why delete the spoiler?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It's always been curious to me that by virtue of purchasing the PP you loose the spoiler. Wonder what Ford was thinking?
I doubt that spoiler has any performance value. They were probably thinking they could get a couple of the pounds back that the PP adds.
Sponsored

EuroBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
it's the weirdest factory add on I've ever seen.

usually the add on is to "add" a spoiler. In this case, it is to "delete". Is it a muscle car thing ?

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

usually the add on is to "add" a spoiler. In this case, it is to "delete". Is it a muscle car thing ?
Delete and no charge......? Win, win for Ford!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

Not sure I've actually ever seen the option to add a spoiler on any of the cars I've looked at in the past - if there is a spoiler they just came with one. Though I do wish everyone offered a spoiler delete option.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
If the PP forced you to have a spoiler I'd have a new trunk lid on the way.

The stock spoilers seem so worthless they're just cheesy.

Quiet right. Anyone serious about more down force is going to get an aftermarket one. And not have to deal with filling holes or buying a new trunk lid.

How do you know they didn't deduct the cost of the spoiler when they figured out the cost of the PP option? Just because they don't tell you you get $x amount off doesn't mean it wasn't deducted especially considering they don't give you the option one way or another. All package prices are for the car you receive whether it has 18" wheels or 20" wheels they don't charge you for both just the ones you are getting. Jeez I can't believe I have explain that you. :doh:

Sponsored

EuroBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I figure it would be more cost effective if they just left it with no spoiler at all, and just charge like 200 bucks for a factory spoiler as a add on.

once the spoiler is on, it is very hard to remove it without damaging the paint.

fortunately it is a very mild spoiler that just barely hints a little bit of aggressiveness....barely. Now if mustang put on a rice rocket spoiler then we would be in big trouble.

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
I prefer no spoiler to the dinky spoiler Ford came up with.
If they had a decent choice I might be good with a spoiler.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Quiet right. Anyone serious about more down force is going to get an aftermarket one. And not have to deal with filling holes or buying a new trunk lid.

How do you know they didn't deduct the cost of the spoiler when they figured out the cost of the PP option? Just because they don't tell you you get $x amount off doesn't mean it wasn't deducted especially considering they don't give you the option one way or another. All package prices are for the car you receive whether it has 18" wheels or 20" wheels they don't charge you for both just the ones you are getting. Jeez I can't believe I have explain that you. :doh:
I think the comments of not getting money back were around when you actually select the spoiler delete option (non PP) - you do not get a discount.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I agree with everyone else, it looks a lot cleaner without it.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
For me it is a cleaner look. I lean toward understated & stealth. Just a personal preference.
Not having one sure helped getting the snow off the back. Slid right off:D
I think the car looks more sleek without the spoiler. I would be taking the spoiler delete option. Not sure how much it helps with downforce as opposed to being there for looks. Since the PP automatically eliminates the spoiler, I suspect it is more for looks.

-T
If the PP forced you to have a spoiler I'd have a new trunk lid on the way.

The stock spoilers seem so worthless they're just cheesy.
I always thought deleting the stock spoiler saves you the hassle of having to do it yourself if you want to install an after market one.
I like the cleaner look of the spoiler delete just my opinion.
+1
I've never cared for spoilers on any car I've owned.

But it looks good on the OP's ride.
Much prefer without.

I prefer no spoiler to the dinky spoiler Ford came up with.
If they had a decent choice I might be good with a spoiler.
Guess that answers OPs question. :D

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I just don't know why you would NOT want one.
Not sure. I wish I could have the PP with the spoiler. I guess on the plus side I will be able to add whatever the aftermarket comes up with.
I like it... I just think it should be a contrasting color. I will probably change my silver one with a magnetic or black one.
Some people like it, some don't. I happen to like it. And I'm with 89Trooper. Someday mine will be gloss black with gloss black hood vents to match.
love it! the 20" wheel with a little eibach drop is all it needs to make it look insane!
Not really. ;)

Its all personal preference. Variety is the spice of life. Do what makes you happy. :)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Not really. ;)

Its all personal preference. Variety is the spice of life. Do what makes you happy. :)
Sure it did. :D He asked 'why delete the spoiler?'

Of course not everyone is going to think it should be deleted, but now OP knows why some people want to.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
I think the car looks more sleek without the spoiler. I would be taking the spoiler delete option. Not sure how much it helps with downforce as opposed to being there for looks. Since the PP automatically eliminates the spoiler, I suspect it is more for looks.

-T
The spoiler is strictly there for looks. Using simple fluid dynamics equation for lift coefficient, in order for that vehicle to gain any (as in a very slight) mechanical advantage at all, one would have to effectively run speeds in excess of 200mhp :headbonk:

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
In regards to the PP auto delete; The factory spoilers are mainly cosmetic and add no real aerodynamic or performance gains. PP is probably priced accordingly when they delete the spoiler.

Agreed. I don't mind it so much, but I do prefer the delete option.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Plain and Simple, to Me it doesn't need a spoiler tacked onto the Integrated Ducktail Spoiler that is already designed into the Decklid.
Sponsored