Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
no one here seems to know much about aerodynamics.

a spoiler is not made to induce drag. that would be the last thing anyone would want to design into a car.

it's function in life is to generate the opposite of lift. it is an airplane wing that is upside down. it creates weight at speed to move the center of gravity more toward the back of the car.

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Nah, I'm sure most do. The point is it does nothing to produce down force. It's to look cool in this case.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
I like the Steeda.
Don't get me wrong, yours looks good as does the Steeda in the pic. We just have different mindsets and wants of our GT's. No issues, just 2 cents. Enjoy the ride, she looks good.

Now dealing with new Jeep owners that think a proper Jeep build needs pretty paint, 20" wheels, and bling...... And never USE it owners...... Different story, haha. Cheers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
which - by the way.. i like the look of the spoiler on my car.
I wish the ends dipped down into the shoulder crease instead of it lifting up. I'd actually like it a lot if it was less like a pedestal.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Don't get me wrong, yours looks good as does the Steeda in the pic. We just have different mindsets and wants of our GT's. No issues, just 2 cents. Enjoy the ride, she looks good.

Now dealing with new Jeep owners that think a proper Jeep build needs pretty paint, 20" wheels, and bling...... And never USE it owners...... Different story, haha. Cheers.
Honestly though the 19" black PP wheels look 10 times better than those on the Steeda.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
no one here seems to know much about aerodynamics.

a spoiler is not made to induce drag. that would be the last thing anyone would want to design into a car.

it's function in life is to generate the opposite of lift. it is an airplane wing that is upside down. it creates weight at speed to move the center of gravity more toward the back of the car.
You just became a prime example of your statement about people not understanding aerodynamics. You are confusing wings and spoilers, which are two completely different things.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
You just became a prime example of your statement about people not understanding aerodynamics. You are confusing wings and spoilers, which are two completely different things.
:lol:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
trying to visualize what you mean...
Lol, you see where the lip raises on the outer end of the trunk panel gap? I wish the bottom stayed flush all the way to the edge, and just like how the top edge dips down toward the middle of the lip (seen in the far right of your photo), I wish the outer top edge dipped back into the body. So it all flows... and shit.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
Per our trainer, the spoiler is added to non PP cars for aesthetics. The car was designed in a wind tunnel and the splitter and defuser do what they are designed to do, that's why it's not on the PP.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the look of the car without a spoiler; although it is pretty small.

Figure it this way, the dealership can always drill holes and mount a stock spoiler, but you cannot take out holes punched at the factory later.
Sponsored