Why are so many for sale?

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Small sample size. That fact that I see a few dozen sitting at that same price with similar miles and more options shows me more on where the market currently stands imo. My local dealer also dropped their adm from the 16 they have and its been sitting at 58k.
Yes it is, but considering a dreaded tech pack car with a replacement engine can bring that kind of money still is impressive IMO.

ADM on a 16 is stupid, somebody is going to get a nice deal on it.

More options? There really isn't that many to choose from on these cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ssteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big truck
I just mean track pack really. If I could get a new no miles 16 the clock hasn't started running on the warranty yet I think it's well worth a few grand extra, so no real reason to buy a used one for 52k.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Small sample size. That fact that I see a few dozen sitting at that same price with similar miles and more options shows me more on where the market currently stands imo. My local dealer also dropped their adm from the 16 they have and its been sitting at 58k.
You are looking at a site that does not report if the cars are actually sold or not and claiming it's accurate but turn your nose up at an example of an actual sale?? What a bozo.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
No way to know what is sold and what is not..
Ebay isn't perfect, either but shows sold 350s with 1400,3500 and almost 5000 miles between 56 and 58k - last 3 weeks.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=gt350&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
You need to select "Sold Listings" and the year 2015, 2016 & 2017
you only had "Completed Listings" selected, that just means they ended sold
or not.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No, I did select sold and the examples I quoted were shown as actually sold. My link might not have reflected that?

OP
OP

ssteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big truck
You are looking at a site that does not report if the cars are actually sold or not and claiming it's accurate but turn your nose up at an example of an actual sale?? What a bozo.

I'm not following dealer listings very much just for that reason. Private sales are more of a interest to me. No reason to call names just cause you don't agree with me.

Look at the classified here. There is three or four 2017's all listed for under 55k and have been for sale on here as well as their local craigslists, facebook groups instagram etc for several weeks. I'd be willing to bet that at least one of them would take 52k or less for their car, so to say you sold yours for 52k so that's where the market sits is kind of silly imo.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm not following dealer listings very much just for that reason. Private sales are more of a interest to me. No reason to call names just cause you don't agree with me.

Look at the classified here. There is three or four 2017's all listed for under 55k and have been for sale on here as well as their local craigslists, facebook groups instagram etc for several weeks. I'd be willing to bet that at least one of them would take 52k or less for their car, so to say you sold yours for 52k so that's where the market sits is kind of silly imo.
My point is any dealer OR private listings on sites like cars.com or autotrader could easily remain there well after the cars are sold (and they do). Unless YOU actually call the sellers, you cant say, with ant accuracy, that cars are "just sitting".

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
"I'll gladly pay MSRP for a Camaro!"

..Said no one..ever.
I just did a quick Autotrader search yesterday and the best price for a brand new ZL1 was almost $9K under MSRP. The car just came out for model year 2017. That took me all of 30 seconds to find.
WTF?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

Buyers on enthusiast website classifieds are notorious low ballers. I advertised my '16 track pack for $52K on this site and got offers nowhere near asking price. End up selling on Craigslist for $54K. This was within the last month.

OP
OP

ssteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big truck
Buyers on enthusiast website classifieds are notorious low ballers. I advertised my '16 track pack for $52K on this site and got offers nowhere near asking price. End up selling on Craigslist for $54K. This was within the last month.
I agree. I had the same issues with selling my cts-v. I have seen the same cars posted on this forum also posted on CL, Facebook, and auto trader though.

As someone in the potential market for purchasing one, I just find it interesting to watch market trends. The trends I see with this car just don't seem to follow what I am accustomed to seeing with most performance cars.

I think I am also just wishful thinking that the resale takes a huge hit because currently the car is a little outside my budget for exactly what I want.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I think I am also just wishful thinking that the resale takes a huge hit because currently the car is a little outside my budget for exactly what I want.
That's the vibe I kinda got from your posts. I think it's natural to try to see the market in the light that best suits your ambitions. Kudos on self awareness. I do troubleshooting for a living so I apply the realization that there are many variables that lead to any solution and this is similar. Many aspects steer the market and also affect our ability to read it accurately. If you're only focusing on one datapoint, there's a chance you're focusing on the one that gives you the outcome you want :)

OP
OP

ssteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
big truck
That's the vibe I kinda got from your posts. I think it's natural to try to see the market in the light that best suits your ambitions. Kudos on self awareness. I do troubleshooting for a living so I apply the realization that there are many variables that lead to any solution and this is similar. Many aspects steer the market and also affect our ability to read it accurately. If you're only focusing on one datapoint, there's a chance you're focusing on the one that gives you the outcome you want :)

Agreed, but it doesn't make that one data point any less valid.
Sponsored