Sponsored

Who's got at GT350 with R wheels?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not to mention I love peoples reaction when theh say, "OMG, its a Shelby GT350R..."
Dude, I'm sure you already know this, but people do that anyways, LOL.

but at the end of the day, it's either an R or not. Let me be clear, owning either of these car is awesome, both badass machines. Not let the controversy begin, insert opinions below....lol
I confess I have to agree! I've had that similar conversation with some S550 buddies...talking about their mods and their faster car (in a straight line ;), and bla bla bla...same comment applies here as well...at the end of the day, you still wish you had a GT350.

i have considered an R, but would hafta take off the splitter as the regular one barely scrapes with the utmost amount of finesse in/out of my driveway. and with an MGW installed and the res delete, coupled with depreciation, it’s not worth the trade to me.

i’d love to have a set of the OEM wheels, and to not be labeled a clone or wannabe in the process. some people just like that style, i had the 6GRs on my GT and that’s the style wheel i keep going back to.
I'll admit, I'd love and prefer an R. Especially since it's a toy, who gives a rats booty about drivability. But, an R was just too much out of budget...such is life. I'm in the same boat as Andy too...have no idea how I'd get an R in my driveway.

I personally disagree just swapping to R (replica) wheels makes you a clone or a "wanna-be" It's still a GT350. Now, start swapping spoilers and heaven forbid badges, now that's a stretch. The R wheel has REALLY grown on me for looks and fit.
Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Funny the direction these things go... the OP said nothing about trying to clone an R. Is there a problem if he likes something the R has that can work on his car? Sounds like initially he thought it was a simple swap so considered it. I think the R is bad ass, but I for one don't want an R, need the back seat. If I bought an R, would I be cloning a non-R if I swap the rear seat delete for seats? :lol:

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
To be honest, you sound a little bitter like you had to settle for a non R...but at the end of the day, it's either an R or not.....lol
If there was an AG R at or below MSRP, I would have gotten one. My ego clearly isn't as tied up in my car as yours, but, hey, I suppose I don't fit the stereotype of the "Mustang douche." I can give a crap about such juvenile things. Every mod I do will surpass performance of the R. I do enjoy modding...For those reasons, the GT350 was my choice. Nice try though...:clap2:
Sponsored