Who still has the C-Pillar rattle/buzz?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
thanks very much for your help! I actually don't remember seeing anything mounted directly behind the LED on the metal. Is it exactly behind it?
This box in the upper right corner is what I'm talking about. Not all Mustangs have them though. Yours may not. But the smaller one below it is on all models. The wire harness running across the vapor barrier is also a know source of noise as there is no attachment point in the middle and it can flap around.
1661359175780.png
Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
This box in the upper right corner is what I'm talking about. Not all Mustangs have them though. Yours may not. But the smaller one below it is on all models. The wire harness running across the vapor barrier is also a know source of noise as there is no attachment point in the middle and it can flap around.
1661359175780.png
holy shiz that soundskin looks legit! I remember that wiring harness you mentioned, good catch, any tips on getting that secure?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
holy shiz that soundskin looks legit! I remember that wiring harness you mentioned, good catch, any tips on getting that secure?
Soundskins is a great product. This is not my car. I cheapened out and used Killmat. Still worked great.
You can wrap the harness in polyester fill sheets (Dacron) tape the ends around the harness with Tessa tape to keep it in place. Or use the butyl and stick it down. That vapor barrier is a bit tricky to get stuff to stick to it though.

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Soundskins is a great product. This is not my car. I cheapened out and used Killmat. Still worked great.
You can wrap the harness in polyester fill sheets (Dacron) tape the ends around the harness with Tessa tape to keep it in place. Or use the butyl and stick it down. That vapor barrier is a bit tricky to get stuff to stick to it though.
Gotcha, I'll give that a go, any other areas I should check that could be causing my "click/tap" noise from the door?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Gotcha, I'll give that a go, any other areas I should check that could be causing my "click/tap" noise from the door?
Let your knuckles find them. Tap everything. If it moves or rattles, pad it, wrap it, or stick it down. Check the metal clips where the bolts go through at the arm rest and pull handle area. Check the back of the plastic door panel for loose rivets. My armrest pad was loose. Ended up hot-gluing a lot of things on the back of those panels.
Sponsored