Sponsored

Who says a manufacturer can't control dealer pricing? (Just ask Dodge)

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Will still allow a separate private market for whose who get the car and flip to the used market. Somehow the greed stops at the dealers?
Then Dodge needs to put more profit on the dealership end, period. Then they can discount as they see necessary.

But the whole point is Dodge is pushing this amazing vehicle at a fair price point. To never be able to buy one at that price point seems like false advertising.

Dealers are now favoring those with the biggest checkbook and forgetting about those that have written them the checks in the past.
Sponsored

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
As long as there's limited production there will be ADM.

The demon deal won't stop the ADM rape train. Dealers will just "sell" lottery tickets for the allocation and the car goes for MSRP. I encountered this sales technique during my 350 search, it was good for some lulz.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
This means next to nothing in my opinion. If the dealer sells at MSRP they get built first. There will be some dealers who will sell at MSRP but my bet is the majority will still charge ADM. So they get built later, My bet is the MSRP vehicle will be sitting at Dodge on the lot right next to Demon's with a ADM. Delivery is not expected until the fall and they will begin building shortly. 3300 cars are not a lot to build. IMHO this memo is simply marketing to show the public they are trying to combat ADM. It won't work as long as people have disposable income. Money talks.

Dealers are in business to make money. Its very hard for a dealer to make much money on the vast majority of cars. When a car like the GT350, Hellcat, Demon come along, dealers want to recoup from all the cars they have to sell with very little markup.

I wish dealers would sell these at MSRP but I don't see anything here that will stop dealers from charging crazy ADM. Some dealers are asking for 50k ADM.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Until a manufacturer starts making as many of the halo cars as ordered there will be ADMs.

But then that may uoset people who feel these cars should be limited.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Most will have a huge ADM so the very few sold at MSRP will be built early. If they only build 3000 this will be one of the most collectible cars ever.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
You guys are missing the point. Demons sold over MSRP will be the last ones built, if there are any left. The dealers with the big ADMs may never get a Demon, with only 3,000 being produced. This may be the greatest game of chicken ever! :thumbsup:

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You guys are missing the point. Demons sold over MSRP will be the last ones built, if there are any left. The dealers with the big ADMs may never get a Demon, with only 3,000 being produced. This may be the greatest game of chicken ever! :thumbsup:
The dealers already have there allocation which are included in the 3000 being built so they will get the ones allocated.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The dealers already have there allocation which are included in the 3000 being built so they will get the ones allocated.
Yep, no one is missing out on their allocations, just build priority. This might help a tad but there will still be ADMs, nothing about this policy actually prevents it

Madigon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Moot argument: They could just build more Demons and not introduce a forced scarcity of goods.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
The only way to truly stop adm, starts with the consumer. As long as some have to be the first on the block, have the disposable income, and continue to act like a machine is worth more than it's maker has suggested, this will continue. I do commend Dodge for at least acknowledging they don't approve of the practice though. I'm sure they really don't care, but maybe they do. They surely kept the promise in the 2016 Hellcat after the 2015 debacle. That was through increased production though, and I'm sure they'll want to keep the Demon numbers to 3000 as they've said.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ordering a demon at msrp in the AM. Fender flares are a huge turn off but I'll see how it wares on me. To me, demon is a msrp or below vehicle.
350R...ill pay over again and again. The gt500 is a wait and see, but yeah, ford doing at least SOMETHING to acknowledge the dealer mark up game would be nice to see. I commend dodge for "trying" as I don't think it's gonna do a ton of good. Maybe help 25% get msrp deals but I'm gonna guess the majority of dealers will try to get mark up.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I just bought a Jeep Rubicon for my wife in San Diego last week and the sales manager stated that they were going to mark it up the Demon allocation a minimum of $30k. Even if you get a late production number car, it's still a Demon.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Agreed this sounds good but they make so little on cars one at 30k adm is better then 3 at MSRP

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Agreed this sounds good but they make so little on cars one at 30k adm is better then 3 at MSRP
A good dealer makes their real money in used, parts, service and auto body. New car sales is normally a break even or loss leader to bring in new customers and used cars.

I applaud Dodge for at least trying to do something about the ADM craziness out there. Heck dealers are asking $25k over for the new Civic Type R and they're making 6,000 of them this year. Manufacturers should work on boosting the profit margins across their entire lineup for dealers so they're not so pressed to try and make a killing on the specialty cars.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Imagine the Dodge dealer sales manager sitting in his office saying, "Well, Roscoe, the reason you're not getting your Demon until the end of the production run 9 months from now is that we charged you $20,000 more than the other dealers are charging their customers."
Sponsored