monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi Guys-

My decklid has gotten all these small cracks in it, "DRAKE INDUSTRIES" brand and i need to buy a new clean decklid, who makes a good one that wont crack prematurely? I had the drake decklid on car for only 1 year and this happened, not cool... poor quality. I would love one with out any lines...

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ford Performance sells a blank taillight panel, although it does have the lines like the 2018+ cars have. Acceletec (CJPP brand) also has one I believe, but unsure on fitment, quality, etc.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Ford Performance sells a blank taillight panel, although it does have the lines like the 2018+ cars have. Acceletec (CJPP brand) also has one I believe, but unsure on fitment, quality, etc.
Thanks for reply!!! Yes, I know about the ford performance one. I will look into the CJPP brand. Def read reviews on that one, because Drake unit is crap....
Thanks Anthony

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Last time I checked the Accelatec was no longer available (could be wrong). I have an Accelatec from when they first came out a while back and it was fine. It fit ok, but not great. It didn’t scratch as easily as the OEM part but still did scratch. It’s been off the car now for a while and I’m replacing it with a blank Ford Performance one. Wish it didn’t have lines but it is what it is.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Last time I checked the Accelatec was no longer available (could be wrong). I have an Accelatec from when they first came out a while back and it was fine. It fit ok, but not great. It didn’t scratch as easily as the OEM part but still did scratch. It’s been off the car now for a while and I’m replacing it with a blank Ford Performance one. Wish it didn’t have lines but it is what it is.
Thanks for reply!!! Me too, on the lines..
Anthony

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Maybe try finding out a part# for the new Mach 1 decklids? Mine has no lines in it, although, idk if it has holes or not for the Mach 1 badge that goes onto it.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Maybe try finding out a part# for the new Mach 1 decklids? Mine has no lines in it, although, idk if it has holes or not for the Mach 1 badge that goes onto it.
Thanks for reply. I have been researching the European GTs have no lines and the round faux centercap decklid. If those are double-sided taped, I'd be good to go..
Or even as you said maxh 1s, I know the GT350 has clean decklid.
I don't wanna go w those Chinese knockoffs on ebay, chances are they are just like the drake decklids, junk and will crack over time.
Thabks, Anthony

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Euros have lines - they came with the facelift just like USDM cars did :like:

WD :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you like the carbon fiber look, there’s a few choices out there. Acceletec (CJPP), Lethal Performance, TruFiber, Anderson Composites all have lineless blank panels. Would be curious if the Mach 1 panels have locator holes or not. The GT emblem does have the locator pins.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
If you like the carbon fiber look, there’s a few choices out there. Acceletec (CJPP), Lethal Performance, TruFiber, Anderson Composites all have lineless blank panels. Would be curious if the Mach 1 panels have locator holes or not. The GT emblem does have the locator pins.
20220603_113805.jpg
Sponsored