Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Does anyone know if we can get the black accent pack option in Aus?
It’s not on the Options List.

Options are Stripes, Magneride, Recaro Seats, Forged Wheels and Nickel Lustre Wheels are also an option. Auto is an option too as is, I think, $500 for most paint colours.
Sponsored

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
looks like I'll have to do it myself. Seems pretty simple, roof blank vinyl, black badges and potentially black hood scoops

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
looks like I'll have to do it myself. Seems pretty simple, roof blank vinyl, black badges and potentially black hood scoops
Black painted roof is available,

My dealer fitted the black badges I supplied on my MY2017

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I want to do the same. Black badges, hood vents, spoiler and maybe roof. Not sure if I want vinyl or paint though.

Badges at least can be picked up pretty cheaply front CJs etc

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
I feel Vinyl would (potentially) be a better option for myself as it is always reversible.

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I feel Vinyl would (potentially) be a better option for myself as it is always reversible.
We love the black painted roof, with the Magnetic paint being Opticoated, it just pops in the sunlight and looks amazing :thumbsup:

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Hey PPony, where'd you get the car opticoated? I'm looking at options for mine when it comes

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Hey PPony, where'd you get the car opticoated? I'm looking at options for mine when it comes
I used Affinesse in Melbourne, awesome team, the best service I have seen with aftermarket car improvements.

Google them. JJ was my contact there and was amazing :thumbsup:

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
hmm i was just informed on the my19... Velocity blue and Green. All models now have the b&O stereo and also rev matching on the manual gt..

FFS why cant they just keep it as an average car. I was all set to buy a cla45 now i am rethinking my decision.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
hmm i was just informed on the my19... Velocity blue and Green. All models now have the b&O stereo and also rev matching on the manual gt..

FFS why cant they just keep it as an average car. I was all set to buy a cla45 now i am rethinking my decision.
Do you have a source for the stereo? I've been hoping that would be standard but everything I've read says it's an option

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I got my MY18 VIN today from Shahni at Ford facebook and then I put the number through Research Maniacs to get my window sticker. A few strange things I thought.
1. It mentions sequential rear indicators. Didn't think this was ok for Australia.
2. The forged wheels are listed as being black. They should be silver.
3. The sync 3 screen is listed as being 4.5 inch. I thought it was 200mm.
4. The radio has an Asian frequency IBMAS ? Why would an Australian car want this.

I was also advised that delivery was expected for late June/ early July but may change.

Attachments

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
In reference to number 3, could that mean we aren't getting the digital dash? It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere - centre stack could mean that little LCD in the guage cluster

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
In reference to number 3, could that mean we aren't getting the digital dash? It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere - centre stack could mean that little LCD in the guage cluster
No, the official Australian Ford order guide mentions the 12.3 inch digital screen as being standard. In an earlier post I attached the complete guide.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
It’s not on the Options List.

Options are Stripes, Magneride, Recaro Seats, Forged Wheels and Nickel Lustre Wheels are also an option. Auto is an option too as is, I think, $500 for most paint colours.
And the Nickel Lustre option is only for the Ecoboost this time round.
Sponsored