Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
No, the official Australian Ford order guide mentions the 12.3 inch digital screen as being standard. In an earlier post I attached the complete guide.
Hey PKs, how far back did you post that guide?
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
SYNC 3 does not come in anything other than the big screen so I wouldn't worry. The voice activation stuff mentioned also isn't on anything but Sync 3.

Pretty sure performance pack also is digital cluster only?

Reactions: PKs

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
I got my MY18 VIN today from Shahni at Ford facebook and then I put the number through Research Maniacs to get my window sticker. A few strange things I thought.
1. It mentions sequential rear indicators. Didn't think this was ok for Australia.
2. The forged wheels are listed as being black. They should be silver.
3. The sync 3 screen is listed as being 4.5 inch. I thought it was 200mm.
4. The radio has an Asian frequency IBMAS ? Why would an Australian car want this.

I was also advised that delivery was expected for late June/ early July but may change.
Just got my VIN number from my dealer,basically the window sticker shows the same as your's as well.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Just received an e-mail from Ford saying my new Mustang is "in build' and they will be in touch when it is on a boat. (The header says it is built and ready for shipping.)

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Just received an e-mail from Ford saying my new Mustang is "in build' and they will be in touch when it is on a boat. (The header says it is built and ready for shipping.)
Great news Bob. Mine is listed as being built on 28/03/18 but Ford have not been sending me emails. I have had to chase any info that is out there.

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Order 18 GT Fastback M6T Kona Mag Rec Forged
With all these VIN's rolling in that did not include me I called my dealer who cannot see any VIN on the system but can see that my compliance plate date is 18 JUN 18 with delivery in early July

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Great news Bob. Mine is listed as being built on 28/03/18 but Ford have not been sending me emails. I have had to chase any info that is out there.
PKs........As a matter of interest what was your order date

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
I've been watching your developments Peter - hopefully both of our cars will arrive on the same boat.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
PKs........As a matter of interest what was your order date
I cannot remember the exact date but it was in December when we were given a very short time period to choose our order on very limited information.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bullant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I cannot remember the exact date but it was in December when we were given a very short time period to choose our order on very limited information.
Thanks Peter.
I have about 5 order dates that start with 23 JAN 16 and include a DEC 17 date when we had to make the option choices and before we knew the price

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Found out I'll be in may build and July delivery. Interesting note I was told that it's going to be an MY19

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Found out I'll be in may build and July delivery. Interesting note I was told that it's going to be an MY19
I think thats quite good if true. MY19 seems to have some cool little additions like rev matching and an even better sound system :)

I cant remember but i think it was MY18 they introduced where you can shift without taking foot off accelerator for the manual.

Though all that being said ordering banks for MY19 only openrd a weem or 2 ago for US and not even all the MY18's have been built yet i thought for them either

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I got my MY18 VIN today from Shahni at Ford facebook and then I put the number through Research Maniacs to get my window sticker. A few strange things I thought.
1. It mentions sequential rear indicators. Didn't think this was ok for Australia.
2. The forged wheels are listed as being black. They should be silver.
3. The sync 3 screen is listed as being 4.5 inch. I thought it was 200mm.
4. The radio has an Asian frequency IBMAS ? Why would an Australian car want this.
The window stickers didn't seem to get adapted for the international market with the MY15-17, just listing the American standard features, so it's no surprise that it's the same this time around. Take it all with a grain of salt!

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
I think thats quite good if true. MY19 seems to have some cool little additions like rev matching and an even better sound system :)

I cant remember but i think it was MY18 they introduced where you can shift without taking foot off accelerator for the manual.

Though all that being said ordering banks for MY19 only openrd a weem or 2 ago for US and not even all the MY18's have been built yet i thought for them either
I'd be interested to see if it is an MY19, if it does come with those extras like rev matching and the B&O sound system. Would love that sound.
Sponsored