Who is upgrading to a 2018

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Digital cluster is standard. As is full shaker premium audio this time with sub!
I knew about the Digital Cluster but the Premium Audio is a major bonus.
Because of all the extras in the 2018 the list of upgrades I was planning to do is diminishing rapidly. Even though the entry level price is higher the total dollars I need to spend to get the car I want is within the limit I had set.
Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
One thing i haven't seen mentioned is if AEB or Adaptive cruise are on both auto and manual gearboxes?

Mrs and me have Hyundais for our normal car. Mines auto because it's just the boring family diesel suv (and they only come in it) so has AEB & ACC. Hers is top spec i30 but in manual, due to this they don't include them despite the DCT model having them. Stated something about due to it being a manual though i'm led to believe that Volvo provide it regardless of gearbox option. (Yes, i know Volvo vs a Hyundai, but still...)

I've been quoted 3k to do shockworks fitted to a current model so i'd imagine it's very similar.. Plus then you've actually got full adjustability.
My thinking pretty much which is why i wasn't fussed about missing out. I like height adjustability too as i actually had it changed in my previous car a couple times.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Also standard!

- New front end design
- LED headlights, fog lamps & DTRLs
- Iconic tribar DTRLs
- Hood vents
- New tail lamp design
- Quad exhaust tips on GT

- 12.3" Digital cluster with MyColour
- Soft door roll over
- Wrapped & stitched centre console valance
- Premium leather door trim
- Shaker pro sound system with 12 speakers and sub-woofer

- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane departure warning & lane keep assist
- Glovebox/passenger knee airbag
- Adaptive cruise control
- Auto levelling headlamps
- Auto high beam

Just some quick stuff i've typed out.
That's impressive. I would have happily paid $5-6K extra on my MY16 for all the stuff on MY18. Being an early adaptor can suck. Looks like we are getting a very well specced car.

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I knew about the Digital Cluster but the Premium Audio is a major bonus.
Because of all the extras in the 2018 the list of upgrades I was planning to do is diminishing rapidly. Even though the entry level price is higher the total dollars I need to spend to get the car I want is within the limit I had set.
That's good to hear! I'm glad you worked out a price with your dealer :)

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
One thing i haven't seen mentioned is if AEB or Adaptive cruise are on both auto and manual gearboxes?

Mrs and me have Hyundais for our normal car. Mines auto because it's just the boring family diesel suv (and they only come in it) so has AEB & ACC. Hers is top spec i30 but in manual, due to this they don't include them despite the DCT model having them. Stated something about due to it being a manual though i'm led to believe that Volvo provide it regardless of gearbox option. (Yes, i know Volvo vs a Hyundai, but still...)

My thinking pretty much which is why i wasn't fussed about missing out. I like height adjustability too as i actually had it changed in my previous car a couple times.

I'd imagine it's on both, on Rangers it's on manual anyway so I assume they can do it to a Mustang..

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
hmm i have emailed my dealer.. i think this may be over my self imposed budget.. DAMNIT...

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
The MY18 is sounding better with every post and i'm starting to get more excited:}
Has anyone that has placed an order and offered to pay cash, get a discount incentive to do so,or does cash not talk anymore.
Sorry if off topic!just curious.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
The MY18 is sounding better with every post and i'm starting to get more excited:}
Has anyone that has placed an order and offered to pay cash, get a discount incentive to do so,or does cash not talk anymore.
These days dealers make money on finance so cash is not really an advantage

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
No, I think your question is bang on topic. I would also be interested if anyone has got a better deal by cash offer.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My understanding is that if you walk in with cash or pre-approved loan ready to go you get the same result. Go for their finance and you might get a better deal since they make money off the finance too.

Anchor will no doubt clarify, he's got all the info!

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
No, I think your question is bang on topic. I would also be interested if anyone has got a better deal by cash offer.
I guess your talking bank transfer or bank cheque. Not actual cash. I think dealers like to sell you finance to get extra commission? I think only drug dealers trade in actual cash these days lol

Last edited:

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
I guess your talking bank transfer or bank cheque. Not actual cash. I think dealers like to sell you finance to get extra commission?
yeah direct debit don't really want to take finance.

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yeah please don't bring cash haha, it's frustrating.

At this stage I don't know if any will be discounting.. I've got 12ish on the way.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Yeah please don't bring cash haha, it's frustrating.

At this stage I don't know if any will be discounting.. I've got 12ish on the way.
Are dealers actually obliged to report actual cash transactions? For obvious reasons ie. black/drug money. Mustang must attract a few people in that circle.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Seriously $80k for the new mustang with Magnaride and auto. What's the point. The car is not worth anywhere near that much especially considering the paint issues, panel alignment issues, poor quality trim level.

$80k pushes it to a price this car should never be, you are looking at faster and more refined cars from German stables at that price.

I thank that the second hand market will also not keep a $20k difference between the 17 and 18 models. So anyone who buys the 18 better be prepared to take a bath.
Sponsored