Sponsored

Who in their right mind would trade a Porsche for a Mustang?!

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Holy Shit. Man if I could keep a black car looking like that, Id own one lol.
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Haha I'll take the back patting for the car and the lady but not for the garage and the incredible home its attached to. I couldn't pay the light bill on that house, that's a very good friend's place. You should see what was on those lifts :eyebulge:
Ahhh...Friends with money! My best buddy is a very successful attorney. You should see the lake house and fleet of boats I have access to.:D One is a brand new 25' pontoon we put in the water for the second time last Sunday.

OP
OP
SneakySteed

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP
After I got done wrestling the dealership logo they slapped on the trunk-lid off of the car, the next was to toss their license plate frame as well. I went with an oem ford unit, it is as well made as it is attractive, imo.

I'm also a very ocd when it comes to uniformity in the lightning department. I get peeved when turn signals are LED in the rear, while incandescent in the front. LED ambient lighting in the foot wells, yet incandescent on the map lights and vanities. LED tails, but incandescent reverse bulb, on and on, you get my drift. I decided to order the diode dynamics interior led kit (map lights, vanity, glovebox, and trunk). The reverse LED was the 1000lumen 3156 LED bulb from VLEDs. Typically, I buy all of my lightning from vleds, and have for years. In my opinion they are the best in the business as far quality, engineering, color temp (Vleds used to be on the only vendor supplying quality 5k color temp bulbs, while others were 6k+ and I hate blue lighting) and lumen output. I have never had a failure using one of their bulbs, but they are definitely pricey. The reason I went with diode dynamics for the interior is because I really liked the diffusor lens they put on their 194/168 bulbs, I felt it would give a more even light output in the interior and avoid hotspots.

I was very pleased with the way the interior and reverse LED turned out. I will get some switchbacks into the front turn signals soon as well. I didn't take pictures but did make a cool little clip with Lia;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEGcCk0MNS0/?taken-by=sneakysnakes

Sponsored

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
OP is legend.

OP
OP
SneakySteed

SneakySteed

@sneakysteed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP
So this box arrived, and we realized that despite our best efforts, Mustang exhaust fit not in a Mustang. One day, we're going to need a practical vehicle between us 2 :D.

As I mentioned earlier in my short winded review of the car, the stock catback leaves a lot to be desired in the sound category, and half the reason Lia bought the car was so that she could make glorious V8 noise. I intended to deliver on that expectation. A decade ago, exhaust selection would have resulted in a like sounding forum post on the mustang boards; "BROS, what is the LOUDEST exhaust made on planet earth for a Mustang GT? PS. Anyone have sound clips of straight headers?". Funny how time changes things. This go around I was mostly concerned with sound quality and making sure it was tolerable for daily use and extended trips. I've always been an h-pipe over an x-pipe guy, I just prefer deeper, more controlled sound over just plain racket. The funny thing is, there was quite the role reversal with Lia on exhaust selection, as she was adamantly demanding the loudest exhaust possible. I felt like I was arguing with the teenage version of myself. I would usually say "Oh hey hunny this looks pretty awesome right here...", "How loud is it? Is it loud? I want it ****ing loud". I'm like, "look here woman, calm your tits, let me tell you, you don't know what you want." I've had stupid loud cars in the past (still do), and no matter how tolerant you are to noise and/or indifferent to the sleeping habits of other contributing members of society, it always gets old after a while. Always. Unless you're 18. Then it wont get old until you pull up to your first real job and your boss looks at you like this;

I started looking at Bassani's offering as I remembered in the years of yore those were my favorite sounding catbacks. I had someone tell me that there is a very rare mid-muffler catback that is extremely deep, no drone, not overly loud, and sells for reasonable money (from Bassani). I scoured the boards in search of sound clips but found nothing but threads of those interested in the same impressions as I. Interestingly enough, that same Bassani catback popped up on the boards for a price I just couldn't refuse so I decided to risk it and snatched it up.

http://www.bassani.com/part/5015XM5

So began the install.

Stock catback removed--that factory resonator is a heavy mofo! Over 70lbs in that oem catback.

Bassani catback installed;

Impressions?

The quality is good, fit and finish is good, sound is amazing. Exactly what we were looking for. Its deep, throaty, with no rasp even to 7k. I don't know whether its the upstream placement of the muffler, or the acoustic chamber design itself (prob a combination of both) but its easily the deepest sounding catback I've heard on an S550. I also really like the fact that there is no mufflers by the exhaust tips like the oem and most other aftermarket units. It makes for a much cleaner look from the rear. The 4" double wall tips are a nice touch too, they aren't obnoxiously sized. Here is a clip of me running through the gears, obviously a cellphone mic does it no justice;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEuXQgjsNX7/?taken-by=sneakysnakes

slythetove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
The quality is good, fit and finish is good, sound is amazing. Exactly what we were looking for. Its deep, throaty, with no rasp even to 7k. I don't know whether its the upstream placement of the muffler, or the acoustic chamber design itself (prob a combination of both) but its easily the deepest sounding catback I've heard on an S550. I also really like the fact that there is no mufflers by the exhaust tips like the oem and most other aftermarket units. It makes for a much cleaner look from the rear. The 4" double wall tips are a nice touch too, they aren't obnoxiously sized. Here is a clip of me running through the gears, obviously a cellphone mic does it no justice;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEuXQgjsNX7/?taken-by=sneakysnakes
Great choice!

I have the other Bassani catback with the mufflers close to the tips and it too sounds deep and amazing. I had Bassani on my 03 Cobra and all I can say is whoever does acoustic design for Bassani understands what I want in an exhaust sound.

Deep, not obnoxiously loud, no drone. It's beautiful. I'm surprised how seldom I see Bassani mentioned on mustang6g vs Borla, Corsa, etc all of which cost significantly more.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i usually get pissed when people requote the same pics over and over but I'll allow it

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
All good, I knew a dude who traded in a Ferrari for a VW beetle.

Not what I would've done but to each their own.

Nylesw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Ram 1500 5.7, Mustang GT premium 17' Silver
Excellent review. I to had a similar situation where I was looking at a Porsche carrera after careful consideration the v8 was what I really thought I would be happier with. After reading this I am reconsidering my decision on borla s type and thinking about this. Do you have any comparisons of the two? Greatly appreciated and thumbs up on the review.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Good stuff! I had 3 S2000's before my Mustang convertible and its the first car in a long time that feels like my S2000.

dktx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Great thread and it hits pretty close to home for me, literally. I'm a Porsche guy with a few Fords, and I've been thinking about getting a GT. And I'm in Houston. I recognize the pictures from the Houston Police Academy. I've probably run across the OP at some local autox events.

I've had a string of Porsches over the years, with my current being a 997.1 GT3. I have a Focus ST as my daily driver, which I also autocross, but I've been thinking about swapping out the Focus for a Mustang. The GT3 is one of all time favorite cars so it's staying in the garage, but I've love to add another "GT" car to my stable.

volinbham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT convertible
I'm probably in the opposite camp. Had 2 Boxsters. Now have GT 'vert with PP. I do like the car but will probably move back to a Boxster at some time. I found I could really flog the Boxster around town and while I love the V8 it's tough to stretch it's legs without being in a pretty remote area or at the track (but the vert has no roll bar system).

Both great cars.
Sponsored