Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Well, the moment I have been dreading has arrived. I was informed today by my dealer that 2019MY has been "balanced out for all markets". I was sent a copy of my order with that "alert" on it. Ford has had the order in their system since early March and allegedly assured my dealer we had a 2019 GT350R allocation. Now we have squat. I'm told they have no such guarantee for a MY20 GT350R and I am welcome to have my $5k they've had since February sent back.
Wow.
Totally unacceptable. Another typical handjob from FMC.
Sponsored

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
My car showed up at the dealership today. Since my dealer had already found me another GT350 exactly like I had ordered, and I had taken possession of it on 06/10/2019, it was a "so what" moment. The car's paint felt like sandpaper after sitting outside at Flat Rock for three months! Their PDI guy is going to have his hands full trying to clay bar the paint back to a smooth surface. Glad I didn't get this car. This was a total debacle on Fords part to let theses $66,000.00 cars sit out in the weather all this time. The car I received was an early production build and had none of the no steering wheel, shifter mechanism part defect, etc. problems that the later built models endured. Ford screwed a lot of customers by letting these halo cars be treated like Fiestas! I really feel they couldn't care less. Good luck to those still waiting for their cars.
Glad you got a car. I am still waiting for mine with a due date to arrive late August, as it is being built on the final run of the 2019MY. "Paint feeling like sandpaper" is something very familiar to me. I ordered a 2018 F150 in Shadow Black and it sat in a rail yard, with all the rail dust and stuff blowing, rain and everything else floating through there. When the truck got to the dealership, it had more bumps and blemishes on it than you can imagine. I refused taking delivery three times and the dealer had to send it out for a professional detail service. I have gone on record at the dealership if my GT350 comes in with the same condition, I hope they are ready to have a stock unit. I will not accept it.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Finally arrived and picked up. Must admit Ford managed to ruin the whole experience but after all it’s a first world problem only. Lol
0B6D6D8B-4392-458A-B1A8-3B614BB06765.jpeg
280CF5CC-7095-4F55-B60A-EF9CEA1CB1E1.jpeg
Speechless. The car is frigging beautiful. Enjoy the car!

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Finally arrived and picked up. Must admit Ford managed to ruin the whole experience but after all it’s a first world problem only. Lol
0B6D6D8B-4392-458A-B1A8-3B614BB06765.jpeg
280CF5CC-7095-4F55-B60A-EF9CEA1CB1E1.jpeg
Congrats, beautiful car, what was your build date?

dboz1983

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150, ‘20 GT350
And which blue is that? Performance or Velocity? It’s beautiful

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Well my luck has changed, my car FINALLY shipped. No delivery date yet.

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Ok...so here is a weird one......my car which up to this point has been right on schedule showed the other day that it was already in transit by "CONVOY" schedule to arrive on 7/14 in South Carolina. This morning it is now showing that it is in transit by "RAIL" and arriving on 7/15. Honestly, I am just really excited it got built and released without any kind of major hold and on its way so it's not a big problem of any kind like a lot of poor people have had already . Has anyone had this happen with their car? I know the tracking sites are screwy although this one seems more accurate than Ford's which is all over the place. The only thing I can think of is that it was switched to a rail car but again that seems very odd. And for reference my window sticker does say "CONVOY"

BTW Fords tracking site reminds me of this old youtube clip from the movie "airplane" which is a classic. Yes I am that old....:crackup::crackup:

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 7.13.13 AM.png

Nccstud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT350, 2017 Lightning Blue F150 Ecoboost
Ok...so here is a weird one......my car which up to this point has been right on schedule showed the other day that it was already in transit by "CONVOY" schedule to arrive on 7/14 in South Carolina. This morning it is now showing that it is in transit by "RAIL" and arriving on 7/15. Honestly, I am just really excited it got built and released without any kind of major hold and on its way so it's not a big problem of any kind like a lot of poor people have had already . Has anyone had this happen with their car? I know the tracking sites are screwy although this one seems more accurate than Ford's which is all over the place. The only thing I can think of is that it was switched to a rail car but again that seems very odd. And for reference my window sticker does say "CONVOY"
I wouldn't put much stock into what they say. The one car I was waiting for that I gave up on....says it was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago.

Primary Status: In Transit
Car Status: Received

Receipt Date: 3-14-19
Production Date: 5-23-19
ETA EndDate: 6-19-19
Shipment Date: 6-7-19

And currently no one can tell where the car is actually at or when it will actually deliver. So no Orange Fury for me....Velocity Blue is what I ended up with from my dealer.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

BTW Fords tracking site reminds me of this old youtube clip from the movie "airplane" which is a classic. Yes I am that old....:crackup::crackup:

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 7.13.13 AM.png
Not sure if you think that "Convoy" specifically means that your car was going to move OTR from the FRAP to your dealers location in S.C. but based on my experience I have never seen a car shipped strictly OTR from FR to locations in South Carolina unless we are talking a Ford GT then that is another story.

Regardless if your window sticker shows either "Convoy" or "Rail" if the final destination for a car destined to a dealership in South Carolina it will be moving via rail car.

I have ordered numerous Mustangs over the last 20 years while residing in S.C. and not in one case did any one of these cars move strictly OTR from the FRAP..

The railway holding yard for South Carolina is located just outside of Columbia and once your car arrives into Columbia it will then finish the final leg delivery with a local OTR carrier.

:sunglasses:

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Wondering if someone can clarify this for me. What exactly does “Passing Arrival” mean when your ordered vehicle is in rail transit? The vehicle has no delivery date so I have no idea when it is actually scheduled to be delivered to the dealer.

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
Well, she just landed at the dealership yesterday
IMG_3965.jpg
.......Magnetic Grey, blk roof, no stripes, CF trim, Handling pkg, Leather sport seats, electronic pkg. Ordered 4/8/19. In production 5/29. Shipped by rail and arrived in El Mirage, AZ on 6/27. Delivered to dealership on Sunday, 7/1. Going through PDI, service dept for handling pkg install and ceramic tint windows. Picking her up Friday and breaking her in on the drive home.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I wouldn't put much stock into what they say. The one car I was waiting for that I gave up on....says it was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago.

Primary Status: In Transit
Car Status: Received

Receipt Date: 3-14-19
Production Date: 5-23-19
ETA EndDate: 6-19-19
Shipment Date: 6-7-19
Not putting much stock in what the tracking says has been my experience.

The tracker(s) are not updated on a regular basis apparently.
I had posted earlier that my Shelby went from ETA of 09-01 to 08-21 based on the on-line tracker(s).
I just called my dealer to request no wash or clean-up of the vehicle. He indicated that their computer is now showing ETA week of 08-05.
I had been checking the following:

https://trackmymustang.com/checkvin?vin=
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Both of the links above still show an ETA 2 weeks later than the dealers daily update that he gets from Ford... I did not ask him when his update changed to the week of the 5th.
This is good news if his information is correct...!!!!

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Not sure if you think that "Convoy" specifically means that your car was going to move OTR from the FRAP to your dealers location in S.C. but based on my experience I have never seen a car shipped strictly OTR from FR to locations in South Carolina unless we are talking a Ford GT then that is another story.

Regardless if your window sticker shows either "Convoy" or "Rail" if the final destination for a car destined to a dealership in South Carolina it will be moving via rail car.

I have ordered numerous Mustangs over the last 20 years while residing in S.C. and not in one case did any one of these cars move strictly OTR from the FRAP..

The railway holding yard for South Carolina is located just outside of Columbia and once your car arrives into Columbia it will then finish the final leg delivery with a local OTR carrier.

:sunglasses:
Where are you in SC? I am in Lexington....I ordered the car through a dealership down in the Aiken area which means if the holding yard is outside Columbia then the car will literally pass by my exit off of I-20 on the way down to the dealership. If I can find out exactly when it will pass I can sit on the side of the road and wave....:cwl::cwl::cwl:...or better yet follow it straight down to the dealership!

Where in SC are you? My only fear is that I-20 is an absolute mess due to all of the construction so I hope the car doesn't take any damage. Btw....what does "OTR" mean? "On the road"??

G-
Sponsored