Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
Thanks, I gave up on that one sitting in the Phoenix rail yard and found another one very close to my liking. The one that I was tracking along with another one are still at the rail yard waiting to be shipped to the dealer. I find it interesting that the one that I bought which was on the same rail car and 3 VIN numbers apart got sent to a dealer and is sitting in my garage. And on a side note I don't have any shifter problems. Good luck on yours I hope you don't have to wait much longer.
Thats awesome you were able to find another one close by. I have been looking too, but haven't found anything thats closer than this. So figured I would wait it out a bit longer. Its odd though, in my search, I've found a lot of others that have been built and shipped around the same time as ours (I think yours shipped 2 days after mine) that are sitting on dealer lots vs being held. Doesn't make sense, especially it it was a bad batch of parts/cars that needed the fix. Seems like they would all be suspect in that window. Hopefully its not too bad sitting over a month at the rail yard in Arizona!
Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Thats awesome you were able to find another one close by. I have been looking too, but haven't found anything thats closer than this. So figured I would wait it out a bit longer. Its odd though, in my search, I've found a lot of others that have been built and shipped around the same time as ours (I think yours shipped 2 days after mine) that are sitting on dealer lots vs being held. Doesn't make sense, especially it it was a bad batch of parts/cars that needed the fix. Seems like they would all be suspect in that window. Hopefully its not too bad sitting over a month at the rail yard in Arizona!
I agree it is a head scratcher but nothing that Ford does seems to make sense anymore. I was indeed lucky as my new deal was $2145 less and all I had to do was pull the stripes off to get the same car. Let me know if you see any progress on yours. We are all rooting for you.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Bit of a long shot but if I hear of an R model allocation for either a 2019 or 2020 I will reach out to you based on having been in your position a number of times over many years.

:)
This is why I have faith in human kind. I do appreciate your thoughts and consideration. Funny thing....that nice dealer felt so bad that he offered to let me in on the bidding of one of his GT500 allocations - "currently with multiple people at 10-15kADM". He also located me "other MY19 GT350R not in my color" he could get for $15k ADM! I told the controller "that tells me what I need to know about the owner. Please send me my money back." Sooo....hearing your offer of kindness was timely indeed for me. God bless you sir.

I already have a lead that didn't choke on my MSRP offer. I may be closer than ever.
Thank you again for the nice thoughts.

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Barry, PPOOO1 helped me find my GT350 Non R at MSRP. If you really want to find one, I can tell you from personal experience, Harry is the one who could really help you locate your dream car. I ordered mine on 4/8, it went into production on 5/29, and it is currently ready to be offloaded at the rail yard in El Mirage, AZ for delivery to a local dealership near Phoenix. I will fly out and drive her back to California to break the engine in. Mine is going to be a daily driver. If you really want an R, Harry can find a dealership for you that will work with you.
Thank you Jesse. Guys like Harry make the world a better place. I happily accept his gracious offer of assistance. This is my first experience of this type - attempting to buy a specialty vehicle. It's not for sissies. Having a seasoned pro to help is comforting. I'll go to/from AZ for one of these. I'd drive it back for sure. It would be a great excuse to put some miles on it - get past break-in. :)
I'm excited for you on your upcoming delivery. Enjoy!

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Thank you Jesse. Guys like Harry make the world a better place. I happily accept his gracious offer of assistance. This is my first experience of this type - attempting to buy a specialty vehicle. It's not for sissies. Having a seasoned pro to help is comforting. I'll go to/from AZ for one of these. I'd drive it back for sure. It would be a great excuse to put some miles on it - get past break-in. :)
I'm excited for you on your upcoming delivery. Enjoy!
Keep your chin up! There seems to be a flood of GT350's being produced, released, and shipped right now. So a LOT will be showing up to dealerships - who just got the 2020 order guide and that will be the new shiny ball. I posted a $541 over invoice deal on the "Leads" thread, but it's a base...

Sponsored

ccdriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Keep your chin up! There seems to be a flood of GT350's being produced, released, and shipped right now. So a LOT will be showing up to dealerships - who just got the 2020 order guide and that will be the new shiny ball. I posted a $541 over invoice deal on the "Leads" thread, but it's a base...
I'm hoping so. My lead just evaporated when the sales manager got involved - "negotiable $15k ADM" he says. I'm glad the '20's are getting closer and the pricing is now out for the GT500. The delay in shipping '19's may help me out as attention on them fades a bit.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I'm hoping so. My lead just evaporated when the sales manager got involved - "negotiable $15k ADM" he says. I'm glad the '20's are getting closer and the pricing is now out for the GT500. The delay in shipping '19's may help me out as attention on them fades a bit.
Exactly! The problem with the R's is lower production compared to the base GT350 - so many of the R's have been spoken for since late 2018. But people have to back out of deals for a variety of reasons so that might benefit you! And it seems like a lot of frustrated 2019 buyers just called it quits with the delays and set their sights on 2020...

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My car showed up at the dealership today. Since my dealer had already found me another GT350 exactly like I had ordered, and I had taken possession of it on 06/10/2019, it was a "so what" moment. The car's paint felt like sandpaper after sitting outside at Flat Rock for three months! Their PDI guy is going to have his hands full trying to clay bar the paint back to a smooth surface. Glad I didn't get this car. This was a total debacle on Fords part to let theses $66,000.00 cars sit out in the weather all this time. The car I received was an early production build and had none of the no steering wheel, shifter mechanism part defect, etc. problems that the later built models endured. Ford screwed a lot of customers by letting these halo cars be treated like Fiestas! I really feel they couldn't care less. Good luck to those still waiting for their cars.

Nccstud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT350, 2017 Lightning Blue F150 Ecoboost
Gave up on waiting on the orange fury one they is MIA and was due 9 days ago. Had my dealer find a Velocity Blue with black stripes. He said it should be here tomorrow afternoon!

Now that's a timeline I can live with! Gotta paint my custom hood prop blue now I guess!

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth (past cars: 2012 370z, 2013 GTR)
I agree it is a head scratcher but nothing that Ford does seems to make sense anymore. I was indeed lucky as my new deal was $2145 less and all I had to do was pull the stripes off to get the same car. Let me know if you see any progress on yours. We are all rooting for you.
Thanks! I'll definitely post up here pics when it arrives. Hopefully soon.... Or if I too find another one to replace it. ;)

GTPinCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My girl just hit the lot today, super excited. She came in a week early. Only thing left to do is fly out to Texas and bring her home to Southern California for year around fun.
87510211-904E-41AA-AC21-4B6F48D7A117.jpeg
Congrats! Looks great. Im sure the drive back will be awesome!