Sponsored

Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
That is SO bizarre! When I was impatiently waiting for my car to get loaded on the train, FP told me that as soon as the train started to roll the system would update the EDD. Sure enough, that's exactly what happened! Are you using: https://trackmymustang.com/checkvin ?
Yes, I am using both sites.

When the vehicles were sitting waiting for who knows what part my delivery date was 4/4. When Ford finally got smart and turned off the counter which was increasing in the wrong direction daily my EDD changed to NaN and then N/A.

Once the vehicle did FINALLY ship the EDD never updated. I asked the dealer and they stated their system is also not showing an EDD.

Not sure what exactly is going on but as I head into month 7 since the vehicle was ordered I am trying very hard to stay positive.
Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Yes, I am using both sites.

When the vehicles were sitting waiting for who knows what part my delivery date was 4/4. When Ford finally got smart and turned off the counter which was increasing in the wrong direction daily my EDD changed to NaN and then N/A.

Once the vehicle did FINALLY ship the EDD never updated. I asked the dealer and they stated their system is also not showing an EDD.

Not sure what exactly is going on but as I head into month 7 since the vehicle was ordered I am trying very hard to stay positive.
SEVEN MONTHS?!? It's been 10 weeks since I put my money down and I'm a nervous wreck! Can't imagine how you feel!

So, I've been studying up on railroad jargon, and a "Junction" is anyplace where secondary tracks join the main line or the main line splits into different directions. So it looks like you have four junctions in the 611 miles from FRAP to Clifton Park.

upload_2019-7-3_15-16-47.png

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
SEVEN MONTHS?!? It's been 10 weeks since I put my money down and I'm a nervous wreck! Can't imagine how you feel!

So, I've been studying up on railroad jargon, and a "Junction" is anyplace where secondary tracks join the main line or the main line splits into different directions. So it looks like you have four junctions in the 611 miles from FRAP to Clifton Park.

Thanks for the lesson in railroads and the map. I am sure it is very interesting.

Actually starting talking to the dealer in December about trading in my 2018 for the 2019. Order was finalized in January. To make matters worse, I traded in my 2018 in early May in anticipation of the vehicle I ordered actually arriving sooner rather than later. Not having a car to enjoy for the last 2 months has been very difficult.

According to the dealer the vehicle was in Ohio yesterday but I am not exactly sure where in Ohio it was. I am hoping it was Cleveland and it passed thru and is now in Buffalo. The last stop is Selkirk, which is south of Albany, and then it placed on a transport for final delivery.

Once it was released for shipping I figured it would show up after the holiday and it looks like that may still be the case.

Thanks again for the information, it is much appreciated.

When is your EDD?

And is your avatar the vehicle you have on order?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
When is your EDD?

And is your avatar the vehicle you have on order?
My EDD is 07/17 - so about 10 weeks from build to delivery (hopefully).

Yes, the iconic white with blue stripes.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Where are you in SC? I am in Lexington....I ordered the car through a dealership down in the Aiken area which means if the holding yard is outside Columbia then the car will literally pass by my exit off of I-20 on the way down to the dealership. If I can find out exactly when it will pass I can sit on the side of the road and wave....:cwl::cwl::cwl:...or better yet follow it straight down to the dealership!

Where in SC are you? My only fear is that I-20 is an absolute mess due to all of the construction so I hope the car doesn't take any damage. Btw....what does "OTR" mean? "On the road"??

G-
I used to live in Aiken for ~20 years and worked out of Lexington for the past 2 years and now have moved out West to Arizona.

In recent years I have purchased a GT500 and a Boss 302 from Satcher Ford in Aiken and Herlong Ford in Edgefield. Both very good dealerships to work with.

OTR stands for "Over The Road" or "Truck" versus "Rail".

Your car should be fine and looking forward to some pictures once it arrives!

:like::like:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Was in Palm Springs this past week and as going by a Ford dealership I noticed an older fellow taking delivery of a 2019 R model.

Decided to turn back and take a look at the car and meet the new owner.

Nice older fellow but had absolutely no knowledge of the car but seemed to be a car guy but not an experienced GT350/R guy.

I complimented him on his car and asked him what chassis number it was and all I got was a blank stare as he had no idea his car came with an assigned chassis number.

Talked about Sport Mode and active exhaust and again just not aware of it.

Once I started to explain the car to him the GSM quickly got involved and that was the end of the discussion.

BTW the chassis # was "KR425" therefore the R model production numbers are getting up with.

It would be interesting to know who got chassis number "KR350" and who may get "KR500" ?

:wink:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thanks for the lesson in railroads and the map. I am sure it is very interesting.
On a related note - last year (just before I ordered in December....you know the rest of the story= waiting) my dealer told me that with the Ford pass & related connectivity the plan was to not track production & delivery progress based on VIN's but rather to be able to track the equivalent of the MAC address of the FordPassConnect's 4G LTE. I guess it would be able to go live really early in assembly (i.e. powered or local storage enough for it to ping as soon as married to a chassis)> He was exited that guys like us could virtually see it rolling though production and transported right up to dealer delivery - i.e. to meet the car at delivery etc. THEN April he's saying "yeah, they squashed it". Turns out it was some vocal dealers who hated the idea and so it was tossed. They hated that customers would have more information and be tracking to that level of detail. It cuts both ways - a lot of us a less of a pain in the tail if we're kept informed or able to get info without beg & plea. Oh well....it sure would have filled in some of the blanks of "where the heck is my car now?" But also it might have been worse to see progress stalled and a car sitting for sure for weeks or months in some outdoors crappy location waiting for "a final inspection" (recall or screwup retrofit of whatever steering wheel/shifter etc problems as in the case of MY'19 Job2's).

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Ever since my original delivery date of 4/4 came and went I have never received a new delivery date.
Man...that is SO unacceptable Ford should be absolutely ashamed of themselves! Man I feel so bad for you....it's no doubt an absolutely great car but how terrible that you cannot get any information....totally disgraceful!

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to live in Aiken for ~20 years and worked out of Lexington for the past 2 years and now have moved out West to Arizona.

In recent years I have purchased a GT500 and a Boss 302 from Satcher Ford in Aiken and Herlong Ford in Edgefield. Both very good dealerships to work with.

OTR stands for "Over The Road" or "Truck" versus "Rail".

Your car should be fine and looking forward to some pictures once it arrives!

:like::like:

Ok cool....and Satcher is exactly who I ordered from. I am dealing with Kris the GM and he has been great! Best of luck in Arizona although that's quite the change...lol.

Much appreciated on the information and I will definitely post some pics whenever it arrives!

Thanks!!
G-

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OK..now you guys are getting REALLY crazy!! Railroad maps??? :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Although I do understand though........:sunglasses::sunglasses:

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm not a fan of black but that is one mean looking car! :like::like:

Best of luck with it!!
Thanks, the 350 I had for the last 3 1/2 years was white so decided to try something different

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I’m on 7 months waiting for my car also. Delivery date has changed 5 times. Latest date is July 13. (Car was produced May 1st, released June 15th) Not showing shipped yet so I really don’t think it’s going make the 13th of July! Shipping to Massachusetts. Not surprised anymore! I’ll NEVER order another Ford again. If I get another I’ll find a dealer with one in stock even if it’s out state. Ford call themselves world class, what a joke! I’m lucky I have a 2012 Roush RS3 to drive in the meantime!

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My EDD is 07/17 - so about 10 weeks from build to delivery (hopefully).

Yes, the iconic white with blue stripes.
Nice, that was the color combination of my 2016 GT350.
Sponsored