Sponsored

Who Else is Ready for a Change?

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What’s the main contributing factor for you?

For myself, potentially. I’m in a tough spot. It took me several years, starting literally bottom floor at the company I am currently at, to get the job I set my sights on. Once I got it, I was fortunate to progress pretty quickly and experience a lot of growth within the same role… more territory, nearly doubling my salary, opportunity to travel regularly and a lot of job experience that will help me anywhere I go.

Now the issue - with all of that has been a tremendous increase of pressure and stress. I’m in an area that while I am making pretty great money, it doesn’t go very far. My personal goals of wanting to own a home and have my own space are not tangible with the way the real estate market is and not wanting to pour everything into getting into a house in a safe area. More importantly, my dad is very ill and I don’t know what his future looks like. My mom is taking care of him basically, as well as trying to run their business. I feel like I should be there to spend time with him and help my mom, as their both elderly.

I would have to make a career change to do that, and the area I’d be relocating to is far behind in opportunities and pay. Good jobs do exist, but they’re far fewer. It’d also open up the home ownership opportunity in the much closer future.

All of these things make for a tough decision.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm ready for a change. Retirement is boring. I have been offered a contract, just have to agree on a rate.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I've needed a change for 25 years, but the money is just too good, So another year at a job I can do in my sleep.
Starting at the bottom, is a long way down. So off I drive to my mind numbing,boring job.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I left the Towing business 8 years ago after 23 years. I just started to really hate the towing business. Decided to change directions and open a store for guys that worked on or near a roadway. Basically, the store I always looked for but never could find. I'm 11 years into that business now. LED lights for vehicles, Reflective safety clothing, and Road safety items. Glad to be out of traffic. I work 1 mile from home.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Sometimes it seems appealing. But I’ve got over 20 years in with DOD so far, and I don’t think I could work in the real world again after all this time. Plus, I’m in line for a promotion where I won’t have to do any actual physical labor anymore. The grass sometimes looks greener on the other side, but deep down, I know my side always gets watered.
Sponsored