Sponsored

White or Black S550 - What would you choose?

RoflOnMyWaffle

V8 Envious
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a nice V8 model in about a year, but I can't decide on if I want a black or white one :p

The reason I'm waiting so long is that I only just got my current car, and a mustang is 4 times more expensive, so gotta save those pennies ;)

I drove a Race Red one, and by god that colour is bad. Sorry to all who have it, but it's just so bland.

I like the idea of black as it makes the 'stang look more aggressive in the front, and hides that stupid black grill on the back, but the white looks a bit more mature and quite posh. I had a similar dilemma when I test drove the 4 series bmw at a launch event a few years back.

What are your opinions? It won't affect my choice, as I'm going black interior and black wheels, just curios what people think of Oxford white vs (forgot the name) Black :shrug:

Either way, if you have one in either colour, post up some pics :D :coolphotos:
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Black

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
out of those two, white all the way. Keep the black wheels also imo.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a nice V8 model in about a year, but I can't decide on if I want a black or white one :p

The reason I'm waiting so long is that I only just got my current car, and a mustang is 4 times more expensive, so gotta save those pennies ;)

I drove a Race Red one, and by god that colour is bad. Sorry to all who have it, but it's just so bland.

I like the idea of black as it makes the 'stang look more aggressive in the front, and hides that stupid black grill on the back, but the white looks a bit more mature and quite posh. I had a similar dilemma when I test drove the 4 series bmw at a launch event a few years back.

What are your opinions? It won't affect my choice, as I'm going black interior and black wheels, just curios what people think of Oxford white vs (forgot the name) Black :shrug:

Either way, if you have one in either colour, post up some pics :D :coolphotos:
A few people have both of these colours on the forums, we've seen a nice topic on the Oxford White's and a few Shadow Black's pop up, you're right the black does make the car look meaner. The white keeps it very classy but depending on specs you can 'Muscle' it up. I'm a personal believe that if you go with white, you should get the white roof or black stripes with it (And obviously Black alloys, this is from the non-custom pack options and you dont pay more for them).

At the end of the day, it depends what you do to the car @Twin Turbo has a very good example of a Black S550 that he shoves on most of his posts that came to one of the meets, it's got some very subtle stripes on it which I like (aftermarket mod!)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41270 - A black GT with custom pack thread

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37969 - White GT, black wheels, black roof thread

can't find an all black one on my quick search to help you out :(

As a current owner of a white car with black alloys/black roof, they look gorgeous clean, as my older brother owns a black car, again, gorgeous but picks up dirt easily!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Boom! Take that you RR drivers ;)

Magnetic, but out of your two choices white. Looks great with the black wheels/roof/stripe/accents.

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
If it is going to be a daily driver, don't get either; both are a nightmare to keep clean, with black being a little worse that white in that respect.

But otherwise I think the white makes the mustang really stand out and looks smart, while the black looks a little "stealthier". I am not sure any stripes enhance the black.

But what do I know - I drive a Ruby Red (or will in 2 hours when I pick it up from the detailers!)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Boom! Take that you RR drivers ;)

Magnetic, but out of your two choices white. Looks great with the black wheels/roof/stripe/accents.
ordered RR, wrapping RR :cheers:!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Nothing worse than a black car. It looks cool in the brochure but irl it will be looking dirty 95% of the time.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Love the black, and yes you could grow carrots on mine since I got back from Cornwall, it's ment to be driven and enjoyed, dirty and mean looking.It looks quite good clean as well ;)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Jury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Black - possibly with Custom Pack (per mine :D )

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
i had a black s197 and loved the black and with stripes was awesome. but keeping it clean was a night mare, it showed every scratch and line and finger print... i went black initially with the s550 and changed to Mag grey.... i still miss black though it does look the business

That said now I have seen pictures I would be really tempted by competition orange

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Love the black, and yes you could grow carrots on mine since I got back from Cornwall...
That said now I have seen pictures I would be really tempted by competition orange
Well now that's been discontinued you'll have to go with the [MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] Competition Carrot method ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure yours will be anything but bland :cool:
Much like it's owner :lol:!
[MENTION=19911]Cati[/MENTION] you can't order any CO anymore unfortunatley.
[MENTION=21211]RoflOnMyWaffle[/MENTION] we helping you or just throwing you more into exterior mods, and different options. Think your best option is to go with what your heart says mate, as you said it's 4x more than your current car so it's a hefty investment for any person, so you want to be sure on the colour, of if you're like me and have idea's of other colours you'd like - wrap it and buy the car in RR - Wraps are about 1600-2.5k for a full vehicle wrap, shuts and returns (Which is the inside of car doors). Other benefits of wrapping are also that it protects the paint should you wish to resell down the line, the new owner would have a choice of two colours for my case it'd be RR or Custom colour, in which the wrap will be shown, but can be removed. God i sound like the biggest advocate of wrapping ever :frusty:!

Tl;dr go with your heart, it's a mustang, many of us are doing what we want with it and there's always conflicting views. Your money, your colour, your car :D!
Sponsored