Sponsored

Whippled 6-sp with RXT clutch- so hard to drive!

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Give it some revs. The RXT is a very off/on clutch. However, you don't have to worry about burning it up like you would the RST.
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
X2 on the giving it revs. I don't have the RXT in my Coyote, but I had one in my '09 GT500 and the key (for me) was about 200-300 more RPM than you THINK you need, and it was smooth as butter.

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
It is NOT the twin disc clutch.
Part of the problem is the stiff clutch along with the light flywheel. The light flywheel allows the car to rev quickly. But, the down side is that all of a sudden with the stiff, quick engaging ceramic clutch there is no softening in the clutch springs. You are "on" or "off". Not fun.
That is a terrible combination and that clutch is not necessary. Change the flywheel and clutch kit with something more realistic for the street.
It is NOT the tune.
Look for a bit higher hp clutch kit than stock with organic clutch material and reasonable clamping pressure plate along with and Iron flywheel which allows for normal driving and you will LOVE your Mustang again.
Likely why the previous owner sold it.
So I just got a twin disk clutch for my 15. Itā€™s running a 2.9L whipple supercharger and makes 715WHP. What should I do to make sure I donā€™t have issues with drivability? My last manual car was a 14 STI that made 600WHP that was running a stage two clutch and that drove fine. I daily the car during the summer and put away once the weather starts to cool off because living in Utah we get snow and Iā€™m not fucking up my car.
Sponsored