Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
V8Venom auto idle hang is there on purpose. On a manual car the idle is designed for basically the weight of the flywheel. It's not going to change, it either engaged or disengaged. So if you're decelerating with your clutch to the floor or the trans in neutral the engine doesn't know if the vehicle is moving or not, it just senses no throttle input and reverts back to the preset throttle tables. It's pretty simple. On an automatic car that is idling and not moving there's the weight of the torque converter. The torque converter only loads when the engine accelerates faster than the transmission. When you decelerate in a auto the engine slows faster than the transmission and the turbine in the torque converter pushes fluid toward the impeller just enough to make the torque converter essentially weightless to the engine until the rpm are matched again. Without a little throttle input from the computer the engine would decelerate so fast it would kill itself. Maybe not every time, sometimes you would get some throttle surge while the engine tried to hold an idle. But that's not good for drivability so the factory tunes it out with a slightly higher idle and a good third party tuner will do the same. Not so good tuners don't tune it away, and it's especially bad with a big cam and a 4200 stall converter. I know that from personal experience.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
V8Venom auto idle hang is there on purpose. On a manual car the idle is designed for basically the weight of the flywheel. It's not going to change, it either engaged or disengaged. So if you're decelerating with your clutch to the floor or the trans in neutral the engine doesn't know if the vehicle is moving or not, it just senses no throttle input and reverts back to the preset throttle tables. It's pretty simple. On an automatic car that is idling and not moving there's the weight of the torque converter. The torque converter only loads when the engine accelerates faster than the transmission. When you decelerate in a auto the engine slows faster than the transmission and the turbine in the torque converter pushes fluid toward the impeller just enough to make the torque converter essentially weightless to the engine until the rpm are matched again. Without a little throttle input from the computer the engine would decelerate so fast it would kill itself. Maybe not every time, sometimes you would get some throttle surge while the engine tried to hold an idle. But that's not good for drivability so the factory tunes it out with a slightly higher idle and a good third party tuner will do the same. Not so good tuners don't tune it away, and it's especially bad with a big cam and a 4200 stall converter. I know that from personal experience.
Thanks for the in depth explanation on the auto tune, it makes sense.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Daniel, that's basically what I was saying I'm just not technical like you :headbang:

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
No worries bro. I've followed this forum for a while and finally decided that I should contribute to it more than just stalk it and rape it for my own personal gain. :cheers:

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
No worries bro. I've followed this forum for a while and finally decided that I should contribute to it more than just stalk it and rape it for my own personal gain. :cheers:
You should show off your own beautiful Whipple too, don't be shy now.

Highvoltage16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Ingot silver
It's the only one I took before I got back to Philadelphia. I won't have more until I can get back home in March.
image.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I, like Caustic69 got the first generation Whipples and tunes. Along the way Whipple has been on top of correcting small hiccups and putting out a better tune every time. Personally I didn't experience any issues. I live in Mass and have been driving my car including a 9° day recently and I kid you not it runs and drives amazing!

There is no better way to go in my opinion. Dustin and Co are on top of things and are quick to fix any problem if one arises.

I loved mine so much I bought a kit for my 2015 F150 5.0 automatic and that is spot on as well. I have never experienced more shit eating grinning than with these two kits.

Just awesome sauce

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
It's the only one I took before I got back to Philadelphia. I won't have more until I can get back home in March.
Really sweat looking polished Whipple man, and thanks for your tech on the Whipple auto tune.
I, line Caustic69 got the first generation Whipples and tunes. Along the way Whipple has been on top of correcting small hiccups and putting out a better tune every time. Personally I didn't experience any issues. I live in Mass and have been driving my car including a 9° day recently and I kid you not it runs and drives amazing!

There is no better way to go in my opinion. Dustin and Co are on top of things and are quick to fix any problem if one arises.

I loved mine so much I bought a kit for my 2015 F150 5.0 automatic and that is spot on as well. I have never experienced more shit eating grinning than with these two kits.

Just awesome sauce

Yeah I really did think that Whipple had the tune whipped when I started thread "no pun intended":eyebulge: but I wanted to create a thread dedicated to show how awesome their tune is so others looking for a top notch supercharger package with a rock solid tune could see what Whipple has done.

Not that other manufactures haven't work some bugs out of there calibrations. It just seems to many complaints are all over this forum with the centi units and house tunes.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen this in person, pics do not do it justice, especially with the Ingot. Absolutely sexy!

Sponsored

aoe_viruz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
I know there is a lot Whippled cars here and what I'm interested in knowing is how they startup and run in all conditions. I'm looking at the Whipple house tune mainly and how spot on this. So many other manufacturers have had long starts and hesitation issues with there house calibration and SC kits. So if you could answer below for your Whippled house calibration if anyone has had these issues.

1. Long cold start
2. Long hot start
3. Any start and stumble issue
4. Start and stall
5. Cold drive away stumble or hesitations
5. Warm start and drive away stumble or hesitation.
6. High idle issues.
7. Idle target dip, ( if idle target is 750 does it dip below the target)
8. Idle Hang up issues (stays high after declutch)
I've had the kit about 3 weeks and 1 week of ice. I've had 0 starting issues hot or cold. I've had one instance where the car "stumbled" for a split second as I was taking off. I don't know if it was my bad clutch engagement and I just lugged the engine or if it was the supercharger . No Idle Issues, the RPMs stay high until the engine is warm (150-160 cyl head temp I think). I can't recall if I've clutched in while warming up to see if it de-idle's.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I've had the kit about 3 weeks and 1 week of ice. I've had 0 starting issues hot or cold. I've had one instance where the car "stumbled" for a split second as I was taking off. I don't know if it was my bad clutch engagement and I just lugged the engine or if it was the supercharger . No Idle Issues, the RPMs stay high until the engine is warm (150-160 cyl head temp I think). I can't recall if I've clutched in while warming up to see if it de-idle's.
Thanks for chiming in and reporting yet another spot Whipple cal.

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
The "stumbled" instance your talking about I also experienced but for me it was due to Traction Control. I had the same issue and in talking with Whipple was explained that when turning off traction control you have to do it while stopped and allow at least 10 seconds for it to truly turn off. I used to turn TC off as I was pulling away from the house. I always drive mine with TC off and since using this I have never experienced this issue again. Car runs awesome with Whipple tune. Love the Whipple support & user feedback on this forum :cheers:

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
The "stumbled" instance your talking about I also experienced but for me it was due to Traction Control. I had the same issue and in talking with Whipple was explained that when turning off traction control you have to do it while stopped and allow at least 10 seconds for it to truly turn off. I used to turn TC off as I was pulling away from the house. I always drive mine with TC off and since using this I have never experienced this issue again. Car runs awesome with Whipple tune. Love the Whipple support & user feedback on this forum :cheers:
Excellent information on the TC and thanks for the tip. To bad Whipple can't program the TC to turn off completely with a simple and quicke procedure. 10 seconds is to long considering on PP we already have to hold the button for 6 seconds to turn off TC now plus 10 sec.:frusty:

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Excellent information on the TC and thanks for the tip. To bad Whipple can't program the TC to turn off completely with a simple and quicke procedure. 10 seconds is to long considering on PP we already have to hold the button for 6 seconds to turn off TC now plus 10 sec.:frusty:
Just a total of 10 seconds. Ford says it takes 6 seconds but Whipple said to fully turn it off allow 10 seconds. I have gotten in the habit of doing this as soon as I start the car so it's no big deal and the result is clean accelerations from stop to WOT :cheers:
Sponsored