Sponsored

Whipple Time

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
No offence taken as install error is 100% not the problem.

In my scenario with the RXT clutch (at the time an aluminum flywheel), one piece aluminum driveshaft and Steeda Red Inserts installed the chatter from the clutch engaging at slow parking lot speeds would get amplified by the inserts because they took away the stock bushings absorbing properties. This has been confirmed.

It is possible this would not happen again, or at least not as bad, with the BMR inserts an the fact that I now have a billet steel flywheel but I am just not wanting to try lol.

I wish you good luck with your outcome.
I have to chime in on this and confirm that the diff bushings are indeed the cause of the clunking in the drivetrain. The install of these bushings are pretty straight forward so installing them incorrectly is not going to happen if everything lines up. I have all of the same suspension components as jmeo and had the same clunk with the steeda black inserts. Took them out and the clunking is gone. I have the stock DS and clutch.
Sponsored

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
No offence taken as install error is 100% not the problem.

In my scenario with the RXT clutch (at the time an aluminum flywheel), one piece aluminum driveshaft and Steeda Red Inserts installed the chatter from the clutch engaging at slow parking lot speeds would get amplified by the inserts because they took away the stock bushings absorbing properties. This has been confirmed.

It is possible this would not happen again, or at least not as bad, with the BMR inserts an the fact that I now have a billet steel flywheel but I am just not wanting to try lol.

I wish you good luck with your outcome.
I get what your saying with the clunking from time to time, usually only when I am turning. I too, am positive it cant be an install error. The install is very straight forward. My thought with the clunking is that the pucks installed are making the sound due to maybe an imperfect fit and the puck moving around within the opening it sits in..... along with all the other sounds from the drivetrain and diff spinning up.

Also, I know of there now being several people saying they hear the exact same thing. I'm not concerned about it at all though.

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I do this I plan on putting 2-3 layers of dynamatt inside the trunk only above where the subframe bolts thread into the body.

I also might put some on the subframe itself, figure it can't hurt to try, can always peel it off later
Hey bud let me know if this works for you, I can't see this doing too much for you. When you install the BMR diff kit let me know as I would like to compare cabin noise and to see if your install comes with ZERO clunking noises.

Still hate you BTW :thumbsup:

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Haha no love? Jk

I want to go for a ride in your car and hear it. I wonder if the solid delrin bushings are the better way to go then. They wouldn't have any wiggle room to clank like the puck maybe?

Sponsored

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you know I'm just super jealous man! and only playing!!

Next time we meet up you can hear mine for sure, take it for a spin.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to let everyone know I started a build thread build called "Jmeo's 2015 PP Premium Magnetic GT Build" so I could document and discuss everything I've done and learned that does not have to do with my Whipple install. It's a work in progress and I will get it up to speed pretty quickly.

Just trying to keep this thread Whipple related and realized I needed another thread for this lol.

Jaime

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Haha no love? Jk

I want to go for a ride in your car and hear it. I wonder if the solid delrin bushings are the better way to go then. They wouldn't have any wiggle room to clank like the puck maybe?
I don't believe it's the puck movement causing this, but more so the pinion gear slack inside the rear diff being transferred through the frame since it's a metal on metal sound. The stock rubber bushings do a good job hiding the noise..

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Got some goodies today :0

I will be starting a new build over the next few weeks on my other baby, my 2015 F150. Today I received my Whipple 2.9 F150 Supercharger kit. I am so excited as I will be doing the install at home myself and with the help of my 20 y/o son :) He finished his automotive training at New England Tech earlier this year and has been working at a local Toyota dealer for the past few months. He helped me 5 years ago install a Whipple on my 2005 Mustang GT and I am looking forward to some quality time with him again.

Although I do not regret getting to know the guys at Tasca I honestly regret not installing the Whipple on my car. This will make me feel better lol.

Also received my handheld for the mustang, carbon fiber jack shaft cover, carbon fiber intake tube and fan/pump retrofit harness. Got the harness 90% installed today and sent off my info for calibration. Hope to have it done and off the lift in the next few days and then I'll update everyone :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443658728.467843.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443658744.589427.jpg

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
What is the fan pump retrofit harness? Does this come with new order? Is everything out now for the whipple kit? Every time I think about ordering something new is added to kit?

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
What is the fan pump retrofit harness? Does this come with new order? Is everything out now for the whipple kit? Every time I think about ordering something new is added to kit?
The kit has been available complete for a long time, they just release new accessories and add-ons that are optional (for $$$), and could be added at any time down the road.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
The kit has been available complete for a long time, they just release new accessories and add-ons that are optional (for $$$), and could be added at any time down the road.
Kit plus fans and bigger throttle body. And the new device to not have to send pcm back. Is there anything else needed? If I order kit I'm staying with stock exhaust so header tune would not be needed.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Kit plus fans and bigger throttle body. And the new device to not have to send pcm back. Is there anything else needed? If I order kit I'm staying with stock exhaust so header tune would not be needed.
Its not clear to me if the new enclosed airbox is a replacement for the heat shield, or if its an optional upgrade... but I would recommend getting that too, I like it a lot better.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
enclosed airbox comes with the kit now i believe.