You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Well, pulled the trigger on a Whipple kit for my PP GT! So excited!

I was originally going with Roush as my dealer said they would honor the factory power train warranty (with them installing it) but I just can't do it. I am a huge Whipple fan and had one on my 05 and have been really regretting the decision. The new system looks freaking unbelievable and in my opinion is far superior to Roush.

The straw that broke the Roush camel's (Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike) back was finding out the K brace gets destroyed for installation. I believe Roush is the only one that does this and personally I don't like it.

Tasca Mod Shop will be doing the install so that makes me happy. My father would be proud of me as he used to race Tasca back in the 60's. Tasca has a huge reputation for outstanding performance and couldn't be happier to have them do the install.

I'm told we are looking at least 4 weeks before the kit arrives as Whipple just started shipping preorders and I'm late to the list but I'm not concerned, it just gives me more time to save some money.

I will be sure to keep you guys who may be interested up to date.

Jaime

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED WITH INFO FROM WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS (click
to view posts below):

3.75" SC Pulley is standard which makes 10psi of boost with the stock TB or 11psi with the 132mm Crusher throttle body. A 4" pulley can be substituted and will net roughly 1.5psi less. One thing to note, this power gain is part of the kit design and all the unique features, not just boost and tuning. While some may be able to cram enough boost and timing to get to these numbers, we feel comfortable at this power level for an everyday street driver. We won't offer anything that we don't think will survive.

The stock RPM limiter will be slightly lower, 7000rpm vs 7200 as shown as that was for testing, the net loss is 1-4 hp. But this testing was done with the smaller heat exchanger (prototype), production units are netting about 5-10rw more with the larger heat exchanger that is standard with every kit. Standard HE is nearly 40% bigger.....

The K-Support clears the SC and components with no problem. No modification needed. The strut tower brace will not fit due to the SC height.

The IC reservoir is located in the driver inner fender. Accessible from the top, just below the air filter or from the wheel hose by removing a few bolts, pretty easy. We didn't put it there because there was nowhere in the engine compartment, we put it there to get more capacity and away from the engine heat. Other companies reservoirs get hot, especially if aluminum and help heat the water/coolant. While this is a small amount, we left no stone unturned.

As for the soundtube, since we did not build a 11-14 kit, we didn't know about plugging that off until last minute before sema so it wasn't done. Then couldn't get some in time.....:frusty: All have the block off at the firewall now, standard in every kit.

Hope this helps.:ford:
No problem. It technically can be done without removing fascia, but its far easier to remove. You have to remove the bottom shroud either way, the upper radiator shroud is only 8 push pins and the fascia is really easy to come off. We have them off in about 30 minutes including bottom and top. There's 2 little bolts that you have to know where they are at to get it loose, but once you know that, its very easy.

No, wheel housing (OEM calls it that) or inner fender does not get modified or removed. If you have fascia off, the IC reservoir uses 3 factory bolt holes and that holds the IC pump as well. We drill 1 hole to feed the IC feed line from HE to IC (1 1/2" hole saw) and cut about a 2" section of plastic for the inlet of the HE. No other cuts.

Yes, for CA emissions applications, we have a plastic air box (with lid) including the carbon trap. It still is open on the bottom/front for proper airflow but the top is sealed.

Currently the CAI option (all we currently have) comes in standard black. We can certainly color match it if you go with a custom color option. The MAF can be powder coated as well. Standard is black so this must be requested.
Correct, to be 50-state legal (nobody currently is), you will need the carbon trap style air system and the EO decal. The good news is that the calibration is the same so technically its interchangeable.

We have applied for EO, we expect to be done in 90-120 days.
Glad to help.

1. Yes, will still work in the different modes. I've used track here but have not tried snow, as its about 60deg here now :) Those settings are offsets from the base cal so they maintain.

2. SC pulley and idler system is on the forward loop, sharing the alternator and water pump. 6-rib system. No slip issues what so ever. Massive wrap on the huge pulley (remember its a big SC) and a true HD Dayco tensioner. This is an incredible belt system, we can guarantee that. We also have a 10-rib belt system coming in about 30 days (already on dyno testing) that comes with an ATI balancer, billet idlers and billet water pump pulley...

3. We do have a set of carbon coil covers that were offering. Have a few kits in stock. They are blank on the top so we've been adding some domed decals to them for some added effect.

4. No plans, we wanna see that huge grin!!:cheers:
No worries. Yes, there's an excellent story of how and why this kit came about, but not one I can put on the internet... :cheers:
The standard HE is the oversized one. We started with a smaller unit for prototype because we had in stock. Production units are now in stock and what the kits are shipping with. The dual fan bolts right on to that huge HE.

Were using the standard Bosch unit. There are better pumps but at a much higher cost. The Bosch is adequate with the proper system.

Reservoir has 3/4" hose barbs and a 1" filler neck. You would need a IC box with a fuel cell style cap to really add ice properly.

Powertrain warranty will be for all, stock tb, 90mm or 132mm.

Auto will be shipping Feb 2nd. Already doing testing on it. Cal has some trq mgt left in it for proper life.

Certainly have a good whine, I would say from memory, pretty close the 05-10.
Here's a few images.
Far easier than the Roush kit!!! Possibly half the time. Of course Dyno time and road test adds sometime but in general it's a very easy install. And of course once you do one the next is even easier.
No grinding the block, don't remove water pump, easier belt system and more componets are pre-assembled.
1 year on all the parts we supply with kit.

We're working on the extended warranty, should be very soon.
Yup, we made a trick billet adjustable idler to go in the stock location and made a beautiful billet bracket that mounts on the passenger side of engine.

Please excuse the photo, not the best.
Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would personally have gone with Whipple myself, congrats! Please post up details and videos once everything is complete. Would love to see the gains from the whipple and of course hear that intoxicating whine! :)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Gotta say, I'm a little jelly and looking forward to this build :headbang:

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
+1:cheers: Ordered mine like a month ago.....hope it's shipped today!!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would personally have gone with Whipple myself, congrats! Please post up details and videos once everything is complete. Would love to see the gains from the whipple and of course hear that intoxicating whine! :)

Thanks, will do. Unfortunately I won't get to see most if not all of the install since Tasca is doing it. I'm gonna talk with the mechanic doing the work and ask him to try and take tons of pictures for me. Tasca does include a before and after dyno run so I'll be sure to list those. My car is going in with only a FFRP Sport exhaust on it.

Gotta say, I'm a little jelly and looking forward to this build :headbang:
[emoji106]

+1:cheers: Ordered mine like a month ago.....hope it's shipped today!!

Here's to hoping. Are you doing the install yourself? I usually do but Tasca is going to "facilitate" warranty issues (if any) since they did the install. Bummed I'm not doing it myself and a little [emoji769] relieved if you know what I mean. Tasca is a great shop let me tell you. They hooked me up BIG TIME so much so that when all is said and done I will have saved a significant amount of money compared to having the Roush installed and then getting the stage 1 to stage 3 kit installed whenever it was released.

I went all out and got the dual fan inter cooler and massive throttle body as well and will still net less money than the Roush setup. Win win as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck with your system,

Jaime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Thanks, will do. Unfortunately I won't get to see most if not all of the install since Tasca is doing it. I'm gonna talk with the mechanic doing the work and ask him to try and take tons of pictures for me. Tasca does include a before and after dyno run so I'll be sure to list those. My car is going in with only a FFRP Sport exhaust on it.

[emoji106]

Here's to hoping. Are you doing the install yourself? I usually do but Tasca is going to "facilitate" warranty issues (if any) since they did the install. Bummed I'm not doing it myself and a little [emoji769] relieved if you know what I mean. Tasca is a great shop let me tell you. They hooked me up BIG TIME so much so that when all is said and done I will have saved a significant amount of money compared to having the Roush installed and then getting the stage 1 to stage 3 kit installed whenever it was released.

I went all out and got the dual fan inter cooler and massive throttle body as well and will still net less money than the Roush setup. Win win as far as I'm concerned.

Jaime

Tasca is good peoples, they've helped us out quite a bit. Good choice:)

We're looking to order a few Whipples, we're a bit torn actually though. We'll figure out which one to get here soon!

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150

[emoji106]

Jaime

I am doing the full kit as well, and will be doing the install.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tasca is good peoples, they've helped us out quite a bit. Good choice:)

We're looking to order a few Whipples, we're a bit torn actually though. We'll figure out which one to get here soon!

What are you torn about? What company to go with? There are lots of choices as you know and honestly you can't go "wrong" with either. Roush is a great company. Justin and VMP is amazing and his system is awesome to.

I have zero experience with centrifugal blowers and would have no input there. Kenne Belle is supposed to be amazing.

Anyway, best of luck with your decision. It's not a bad decision to be torn with if you consider the topic lol

Jaime

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am doing the full kit as well, and will be doing the install.

Nice, I'm jealous actually. Best of luck!

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
What are you torn about? What company to go with? There are lots of choices as you know and honestly you can't go "wrong" with either. Roush is a great company. Justin and VMP is amazing and his system is awesome to.

I have zero experience with centrifugal blowers and would have no input there. Kenne Belle is supposed to be amazing.

Anyway, best of luck with your decision. It's not a bad decision to be torn with if you consider the topic lol

Jaime

lol, we've always pushed PD blowers. Been really thinking of putting a Paxton on just to test out:)

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This should be very nice. It will be interesting to see what a 15 puts down and can do with the new Whipples on top...

Did you colour match as well ?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Jaime I def wanna meet up now!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Congrats Jaime!

Any idea how much boost you intend to run? What power are you hoping/looking for?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This should be very nice. It will be interesting to see what a 15 puts down and can do with the new Whipples on top...

Did you colour match as well ?

No, I like the mat black and it goes so well with my magnetic. I'm probably gonna get some nice coil covers as well to finnish up the looks

Jaime I def wanna meet up now!

Lol whatever it takes my friend

Congrats Jaime!

Any idea how much boost you intend to run? What power are you hoping/looking for?

I'm hearing 640 ish to the wheels with 10-12 pounds of boost. Honestly I just wanted to break 700 and that was my only goal. I am not sure what the 640 ish converts to for crank hp but I believe it's greater than 700.

Sponsored