Sponsored

Whipple Time

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
I have BMR's new Diff Lockout Kit sitting on my bench but I have decided (for now) not to install it. I had Steeda Red Diff Inserts for a while and hated the NVH so I took them out and for that reason I don't think I am going to go that route again.
When I do this I plan on putting 2-3 layers of dynamatt inside the trunk only above where the subframe bolts thread into the body.

I also might put some on the subframe itself, figure it can't hurt to try, can always peel it off later
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
When I do this I plan on putting 2-3 layers of dynamatt inside the trunk only above where the subframe bolts thread into the body.

I also might put some on the subframe itself, figure it can't hurt to try, can always peel it off later
I guess I should be more specific. The driveline NVH is the part I didn't like. Clunking and bouncing of the rear end & driveshaft which can not be masked with dynomat unfortunately. Not sure if this happens with a stock 2 piece driveshaft or not but for me it just ruined the drivability.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Jaime - everything looks killer under there. I am going to get mirrors to put under the rear of my car to show off all the bling I have :)

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
I guess I should be more specific. The driveline NVH is the part I didn't like. Clunking and bouncing of the rear end & driveshaft which can not be masked with dynomat unfortunately. Not sure if this happens with a stock 2 piece driveshaft or not but for me it just ruined the drivability.
clunking and bouncing? sounds like something wasn't set up right.

The dynamatt idea was to suppress the "winding up" sound of the diff IF that transferred into the car.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime - everything looks killer under there. I am going to get mirrors to put under the rear of my car to show off all the bling I have :)
Thanks Todd :headbang: I see a lot of people do that at car show, I may just get some for my boots, I can think of multiple reasons for this lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
clunking and bouncing? sounds like something wasn't set up right.

The dynamatt idea was to suppress the "winding up" sound of the diff IF that transferred into the car.
No, the stiffening of the bushings cause bounce or chatter with the differential and that bounce/chatter reverbs up the driveshaft and into the car itself. Don't get me wrong, its not always as bad as it sounds but sometimes it would bounce so bad my exhaust would bounce and sound like it was coming through the floor.

How I know it was without a doubt the inserts is because it didn't do it before I installed them and it stopped the minute I took them out. If you have ever felt your driveline bounce around, even just a little, when at slow speeds like maneuvering in a parking lot, it is amplified with inserts.

Not saying the BMR inserts will act the same as the Steeda Reds I had installed, it's just I don't want to do all the work it takes to install them and end up with the same results.

That's my experience anyway......

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
No, the stiffening of the bushings cause bounce or chatter with the differential and that bounce/chatter reverbs up the driveshaft and into the car itself. Don't get me wrong, its not always as bad as it sounds but sometimes it would bounce so bad my exhaust would bounce and sound like it was coming through the floor.
Still doesn't sound right.. I have Steeda's billet inserts and I have some gear whine, But nothing that you speak of at all..

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Still doesn't sound right.. I have Steeda's billet inserts and I have some gear whine, But nothing that you speak of at all..

Do you have stock driveshaft and clutch? I have McLeod RXT, Billet Flywheel and DSS one piece DS.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Do you have stock driveshaft and clutch? I have McLeod RXT, Billet Flywheel and DSS one piece DS.
Indeed I do. My RXT Twin is downstairs w/ BF.. Sorry for misunderstanding if that is also what has helped cause some of it as well..

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT

How I know it was without a doubt the inserts is because it didn't do it before I installed them and it stopped the minute I took them out. If you have ever felt your driveline bounce around, even just a little, when at slow speeds like maneuvering in a parking lot, it is amplified with inserts.

Not saying the BMR inserts will act the same as the Steeda Reds I had installed, it's just I don't want to do all the work it takes to install them and end up with the same results.

That's my experience anyway......
yea still doesn't sound right. just because you took them out and the sound went away doesn't mean that was the problem.

gear whine should be expected but clunking makes me think you had some sort of install error. don't take offense, it just doesn't add up to me

I would try them again if I were you. :cheers: or at least the new bar ones

as for trans noise I also plan to put some dynamat around the bolting location for the trans under the carpet. These noises should be able calm down if you target the areas where they transfer into the body...at least I hope haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yea still doesn't sound right. just because you took them out and the sound went away doesn't mean that was the problem.

gear whine should be expected but clunking makes me think you had some sort of install error. don't take offense, it just doesn't add up to me

I would try them again if I were you. :cheers: or at least the new bar ones

as for trans noise I also plan to put some dynamat around the bolting location for the trans under the carpet. These noises should be able calm down if you target the areas where they transfer into the body...at least I hope haha
No offence taken as install error is 100% not the problem.

In my scenario with the RXT clutch (at the time an aluminum flywheel), one piece aluminum driveshaft and Steeda Red Inserts installed the chatter from the clutch engaging at slow parking lot speeds would get amplified by the inserts because they took away the stock bushings absorbing properties. This has been confirmed.

It is possible this would not happen again, or at least not as bad, with the BMR inserts an the fact that I now have a billet steel flywheel but I am just not wanting to try lol.

I wish you good luck with your outcome.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Awesome Jmeo!

I had no idea you were updating this thread with this stuff.

I am happy to see that you are liking our components, and I am sure you will like the new parts we will continue to release.

The front springs - I am VERY anxious for you to get those on and give your honest feedback on how the car works. ;)

Keep up the great work. You definitely have one of my favorite S550s!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just thought I'd put this out there for all you Whipple guys and girls. A friend of mine formed a new Faceyspace group called 2015+ Whippled Mustang Group. If you currently have a Whippled 2015 + mustang feel free to join. We are keeping this Facebook group closed to people with a Whipple because it has been thought up for all of us in the Whipple family to discuss any and all things related to our cars.

Hope to see you on there :)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)