Whipple Stage 2 Illegal in California for 2022-2023 Mustang Gt

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Roush was advertising they recently got the EO number for 2022/23 cars so I would think Whipple is not far behind if they have the EO for 2021. We can hope.
Sponsored

Terlingua17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang Mike
Vehicle(s)
1967 Terlingua Racing Team Mustang 2008 Bullitt
I got outta So CA 16yrs ago & moved ta East Texas. No Smog inspection, they check ta see if the blinkers & headlights work ! 1st thing I did was take the diesel particulate filer off my '08 F250. I love No State Income Tax also. Wish I would a moved her 40 yrs sooner.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Listen no one cares how much you hate Cali.

I am here to give the OP info:

I have been in touch with Whipple. See below for Mach 1s, I am sure same applies to GT.

IMG_0427.png

Last edited:

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't think it was the intention of the OP to be political, just some of us that posted in this thread intended it to go that way.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't think it was the intention of the OP to be political, just some of us that posted in this thread intended it to go that way.
I totally agree but just the mention of California on here will start a fire storm.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
California weather is the only reason I am still here. Other states have shit weather, every time I go to Texas I am disgusted by the shit weather.

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
CA has a lot of nice things going for it. I am a fan of some of the laws here. I like that unmarked police cars can't give tickets for bullshit, no speed traps and that traffic cams don't give tickets where I live. The smog laws are actually helpful sometimes, I just wish there was a way I could pay to get an enthusiast's CARB exemption or something. I'd pay CA a shit load to put turbos on or engine swap a fox, I'd even keep cats on and do an emissions test

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
This is 'Merica. Everything is political!

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
CA has a lot of nice things going for it. I am a fan of some of the laws here. I like that unmarked police cars can't give tickets for bullshit, no speed traps and that traffic cams don't give tickets where I live. The smog laws are actually helpful sometimes, I just wish there was a way I could pay to get an enthusiast's CARB exemption or something. I'd pay CA a shit load to put turbos on or engine swap a fox, I'd even keep cats on and do an emissions test
I wish CA would change the year of cars needing to be smogged. Right now it is cars newer than 1979 I think, but I wish that would be a rolling 30 years or something, so this year 1993 would be last year requiring smog and next year it would change to 1994 and so forth.
I would love to build a Fox body, but the smog laws make it difficult to get super crazy.
For a new car, we have 8 years before a smog cert is due, so no inspections at all which is nice.
Sponsored