Sponsored

Whipple rattle at idle

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
mine had a chirp that i always suspected was belt alignment. then about 6 months ago, the SC housing leaked all of its internal oil. whipple did a warranty rebuild of the head unit and now it sounds normal. no chirps or ticks or otherwise....
Sponsored

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Mine never went away but never got worse. It still does it idle but any revs either smooth it out or drown it out. I suspect the former as it goes away at 1500 revs which i can hear ok at any noise change

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to post an update. I sent my gen 3 back to whipple they rebuilt it and replaced the rotors noise is still there but not as loud. We took the belt off the car and the noise went away. At this point I think it’s a Gen3 thing.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
My bet is they will rebuild it regardless of it being good or bad because that's what Whipple does. It is likely normal gear clash sounds at idle, all 3 of mine have done it to some degree. If you change the idle rpm and it goes away then it's not a bad bearing. These things have gear clash at idle that can come and go with engine variables at play.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My bet is they will rebuild it regardless of it being good or bad because that's what Whipple does. It is likely normal gear clash sounds at idle, all 3 of mine have done it to some degree. If you change the idle rpm and it goes away then it's not a bad bearing. These things have gear clash at idle that can come and go with engine variables at play.
I did have some flaking on the rotors so they changed those too. So hopefully it’s not the rotors rubbing or anything.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I did have some flaking on the rotors so they changed those too. So hopefully it’s not the rotors rubbing or anything.
The black coating is wha they call a conformal coating which is made to wear in to the slight tolerance in the rotor pack. It's common for that to wear and show some light color of the rotor beneath that surface.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Some noise is normal, and it’s obvious here they take many back even past the year warranty and rebuild to keep customers happy.

Captain roger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang gt base converting to premium
Some noise is normal, and it’s obvious here they take many back even past the year warranty and rebuild to keep customers happy.
I’ve had nothing but honestly a bad experience with Whipple. I’m actually very close to getting an attorney at first I had throttle correlation issues with the throttle body. They wanted me to pay a $450 core charge for a replacement or they told me I can fix it and sent me the link took it to my local Ford dealership and they fixed it for two hours of labor at $170 an hour out of my pocket the first hundred miles of driving I noticed a tick at idle which I sent them a video of and they said it was normal. I’ve put about 1000 miles on the car now and it is very loud at idle but it does go away with RPM. I’ve tried contacting Whipple about my concern and I am more than welcome to spend $300 in shipping to ship it back to them for them to look at it to determine the cause of the failure. I’ve been on my own since I was a kid in and out of foster homes. I save every penny I got for the past two years to be able to buy a Whipple when I could’ve bought any other cheaper kit and I’ve had nothing but bad customer service and faulty parts Unacceptable Whipple. You guys have to do better!!!!! I’ll keep you guys posted but I keep hearing how Whipple has great customer service but from what I’ve experienced and I hear about everything I will never buy another one from them as long as I live. I’m not going to put put the rude email responses and documentation of everything online yet until I give Whipple a chance to make this right. When you spend $10,000 on a kit that you saved up for for two years for your daily driver and have something like this happen, it’s very discouraging to suggest anybody to go through what I’m going through for a Whipple charged anything!

Captain roger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford mustang gt base converting to premium
Yeah, we will see. I will keep you updated. No update as of yet.
Sponsored