Surging at idle

Cobra Commander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Procharged Magnetic GT
So my Tuner has had my Procharged GT for 7 weeks now. This is the second time he has had my car. After the first tune I was getting a ton of spark knock under load. When I say under load I mean like driving up hills. My guy said it was due to bad gas and that I should run a few tanks of Chevron 91 octane through it and then bring it back for a retune. In the time it took me to run a few tanks of gas through it developed a surge at idle and it falls on its face under acceleration. During the retune an oil seal on the blower went out. The blower got sent back to Procharger to be checked out and repaired as needed. Thankfully it only needed a new seal. Once the blower was put back on the surge was still there. The tuner put a set of stock injectors in and the surge went away. He sent my ID 1000's back to injector dynamics to be looked at. One injector was bad, and all of them got a good cleaning. The ID 1000's got put back in the car and apparently the surge is back. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?

My Set up
Procharger P1SC w/ 4.875 pulley
JBA long tube headers
JBA catless mid pipes
Ford racing catback
JMS boost a pump
ID 1000 injectors
Sponsored