Sponsored

Whipple iat trouble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
E54A27FC-DE02-4293-ABC2-A420F4FB2D44.jpeg

Just installed a 3.0 whipple kit and everything is working fine except the vmp wiring harness and I have a plug but no where to plug it into, looks like it goes to the throttle body, but no look cause they only fit in one way and can’t use the extension whipple proveided and the harness didn’t come with a fitting for the throttle body, im also having problem not getting oil temp reading and the advance trac and reg trac is off, any help?
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Every 3.0L gen 5 Whipple install I’ve seen has the MAF element connector pointing towards the front of the car. That’s where the car’s MAF harness is routed to, which is probably why you don’t have something to plug into that connector. You need to rotate the MAF housing so it’s pointing to the front of the car.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
That VMP IAT harness has nothing to do with the throttle body.

Flip the MAF housing 180* as stated above. The VMP IAT harness plugs into the MAF sensor. Plug the male end of the VMP harness into the MAF sensor. Then take your engine harness MAF connector and plug it into the female side of the IAT harness (what’s in your hand). Route the small grey connector to the provided VMP IAT sensor that should be in the rear passenger side of the blower.

(I’m not running that harness on my whipple setup, but that’s my understanding of how it should be installed…very simple)