Sponsored

Whipple Auxillary Intercooler Pump Install

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
I’ve got a few calls on installing the Whipple auxiliary pump as we have done a couple. Figured I’d throw this up as it looks like no instructions are available and a few things needed to be modified and sourced for the install. Not getting into the intercooler manifold, this just pertains to the pump install.

Three things we have found made everything fit better was to elongate both holes in the mounting bracket and cut about half an inch off the short side of the provided hose before you start, if not the hose rubs on the connector for the additional pump. Also the bolts for the factory bracket are too short once you sándwich the additional bracket in there. You will need to source some slightly longer units. Thread is M6 x 1.0.

You have a plastic clip that secures the trans cooler lines to the radiator shroud, that has to be removed to clear the pump, but it lets the lines rub the pump clamp, we cut the mounting tabs off the and zip tied the OE protector where it makes contact on the clamp as you can see in the photos.

We cut around 7” off the factory hose to connect to the new auxiliary pump.

We chose to mount the relay in the fender well because under hood is already a spaghetti nightmare. Fished the wires up under the fuse box to attach to a factory ground and the main power point of the fuse box. The key on jumper was the 15 Amp fuse below the one you see in the pic. The rest of the install was pretty self explanatory.

I’m also not a professional installation article writer so forgive my short comings. Just trying to help out anyone that might need it.
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
So this is a second pump for the intercooler circuit.
Thanks for the pics and info.
-J

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Hey
I’ve got a few calls on installing the Whipple auxiliary pump as we have done a couple. Figured I’d throw this up as it looks like no instructions are available and a few things needed to be modified and sourced for the install. Not getting into the intercooler manifold, this just pertains to the pump install.

Three things we have found made everything fit better was to elongate both holes in the mounting bracket and cut about half an inch off the short side of the provided hose before you start, if not the hose rubs on the connector for the additional pump. Also the bolts for the factory bracket are too short once you sándwich the additional bracket in there. You will need to source some slightly longer units. Thread is M6 x 1.0.

You have a plastic clip that secures the trans cooler lines to the radiator shroud, that has to be removed to clear the pump, but it lets the lines rub the pump clamp, we cut the mounting tabs off the and zip tied the OE protector where it makes contact on the clamp as you can see in the photos.

We cut around 7” off the factory hose to connect to the new auxiliary pump.

We chose to mount the relay in the fender well because under hood is already a spaghetti nightmare. Fished the wires up under the fuse box to attach to a factory ground and the main power point of the fuse box. The key on jumper was the 15 Amp fuse below the one you see in the pic. The rest of the install was pretty self explanatory.

I’m also not a professional installation article writer so forgive my short comings. Just trying to help out anyone that might need it.
Hey this info is excellent and was planning on installing this pump and intercooler how long did the install take and have u noticed the engine temps being a little cooler I was going to change the supercharger coolant to VP engine ice which is suppose to drop the coolant tamps another 100 degrees I think this mod is the most important mod u can make even if you dont have upgrades just to retain the true 760 Hp without heat soak I really appreciate you sharing the pictures and advice it was helpful as im ready to order mine thru lethal
Sponsored