OP
OP
BlueSpirit

BlueSpirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am not knocking Lund at all as the car makes fantastic power and is so responsive it snaps your neck. Those who like a sensitive gas pedal will love it, for me that is a downside, otherwise Lund tune is spot on.
thanks for ur feedback.
Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Lund tune is what I run.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I have the Lund tune with Ngauge but I never uploaded it. I was using JDM to install my GT350 intake manifold and GT350TB along with headers and they talked me into using their tune.

I ended up leaving the shop with with the stock TB and after months of trying to get an appointment to get back in the shop to get the GT350 TB installed and the correct tune installed I gave up and asked them to send me back my GT350TB.

I can't compare their tune to others but I can tell you how my tune from them is. When I got the car back it was warmer. Car was a little surgey before it came up to full operating temp. After that, it drove well. Feels insanely fast. Pedal is very sensitive but I have to say they did warn me about that and said they can dial it back.

Now that its colder it surges much more when it's cold. I'm not a picky guy, but even I find it tough to deal with. Drives well after warm up, but the throttle response feels even more sensitive now that its colder.

Keep in mind that is with the stock TB. From what I had heard they did not have the tune on the GT350TB down.

I'm going to switch back to Lund as soon as I have some time to sort out switching tunes from an SCT to an Ngauge.

Right now its unfair for me to compare, as Lund made about ten revisions, whereas this is JDM's first attempt, though I was hoping it would be better than this as JDM have in-housed tuned lots of cars with this setup now and even sell the full package.

What I will say is I drove on the Lund tune with temperatures as low as -5c and it drove fine, when cold the pedal was touchy but if you were gentle it drove fine and had no surge, once warm it was spot on only downside being the touchy pedal.

If you get the Lund tune, just mention Andrew Gibson and say you want the tune with the torque tables stock and DBW dialled back, as I think their experience with me did help them improve the throttle for the 350 setup. If your using stock TB then Lund tune was buttery smooth even in freezing temperatures, only issue was still the pedal max effect on throttle but I never tried the stock TB with the DBW modifications.

I am hoping with a few revisions JDM will sort it as they have the throttle sorted, they also have zero rev hang in their tune, something Lund say they cannot get rid off as its inherent to the GT 350 throttle body, well clearly not true as JDM got rid of it, though for me the rev hang never bothered me, helps make up shifts smoother. JDM also has no lift shift which some will like. So am hoping they can fix the issues I am experiencing and put some timing back into my file to give me the lost power and punch back.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please explain rev hang?

Drive along in any gear at 4000rpm, push the clutch in. If the revs fall to 1000rpm immediately as you would expect, this means NO REV HANG.

Rev hang is when you clutch in and the revs only drop 500-1000rpm and then it just hangs for a couple of seconds before dropping, sometimes it is even worse and when you clutch in nothing happens for a split second, then it falls 500rpm, holds for 2s and then falls more.

Some people hate the rev hang, for me its only an issue when the revs do not fall instantly, this means no engine braking when letting of the gas, but it is very rare you get rev hang this bad, for most its just the 500rpm only drop, Ford coded this in to help smooth out upshifts, which does work in normal every day driving, but when your pressing on it can make the shift not as smooth. Also track users really dislike any kind of rev hang!

That is my description of rev hang, others may describe it different. :)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Drive along in any gear at 4000rpm, push the clutch in. If the revs fall to 1000rpm immediately as you would expect, this means NO REV HANG.

Rev hang is when you clutch in and the revs only drop 500-1000rpm and then it just hangs for a couple of seconds before dropping, sometimes it is even worse and when you clutch in nothing happens for a split second, then it falls 500rpm, holds for 2s and then falls more.

Some people hate the rev hang, for me its only an issue when the revs do not fall instantly, this means no engine braking when letting of the gas, but it is very rare you get rev hang this bad, for most its just the 500rpm only drop, Ford coded this in to help smooth out upshifts, which does work in normal every day driving, but when your pressing on it can make the shift not as smooth. Also track users really dislike any kind of rev hang!

That is my description of rev hang, others may describe it different. :)
Gibbo, that's probably the best description I've seen so far.
Were Lund able to dial out the rev hang on stock TB?
Love your posts btw, very informative and easily read. :cheers:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gibbo, that's probably the best description I've seen so far.
Were Lund able to dial out the rev hang on stock TB?
Love your posts btw, very informative and easily read. :cheers:

On stock TB they can dial it out yes, I think when I fitted stock TB as a trial there was indeed no rev hang. Though the throttle/gas pedal still felt pedal maxed, but as in my previous post Lund dialed the DBW back further, we never tried this on stock TB, would no doubt perfect it.

But when I know 10HP is on the table and because I am a tinkerer I would like to sort it.

I have asked Lund about drive by wire per gear, they said not possible, only globally. Now I know this is possible, at least in HP Tuners, so either the guy at Lund answered incorrectly or because they use SCT it is not possible.

I feel if I was more experienced at tuning myself and had HP Tuners I could get the 350 TB to drive absolutely perfect, as HP tuners does have DBW by gear and also allows you to adjust wet, normal and sport/race throttle maps too, again Lund said they cannot adjust wet mode (safety reasons) and on the 350 TB cannot even adjust normal/sport modes due to how its much harder to code for, due to it having a wide throttle range, more air per throttle and inverse tables blah blah.

Also I want to note, I feel on the latest Lund tune if I lived in a warmer climate like Florida or Australia then it would actually be spot on, but here in the UK where most mornings are 0c there are still some issues like touchiness when cold and pedal max feeling once warm. I feel in a warmer climate the cold issue would be gone and even fully warm would be better as I can notice that even on a 10c morning, the car drives better.

So the 350TB for sure is ultra sensitive to colder climates. Lets see what JDM can do, but right now Lund map drives better overall and makes a tonne more power. Hopefully JDM after a few revisions will get it dialled in. :)

I'd love to try the Ford tune, I feel theirs will drive best but make less power, they quote 475HP, well on Lund tune I made 500+ HP.

The only other tuner, who is regarded as one of the best there is, is Ken at PB, I have no doubts his tune would drive amazingly well, what put me off is he said he was not keen on doing the 350 TB, I am sure at some point he will get a car on his dyno with one and get it sussed out, which will then make him the go too man for those who cannot self tune with HP tuners.

VMP also seem to have a nice tune as well, but again stock TB.

To my knowledge, ONLY JDM and Lund offer 350 TB tunes, along of course with Ford.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! for replying, looks like Lund is getting the job done
No offence to Beefcake, but he is hardly going to say JDM when he only sell's Lund. ;)

JDM are speaking with SCT, as they had a customer this week similar setup, same complaints and they are aware of some tables which they need enabling by SCT to help. :)

They also said they hope to have access to PP3 soon from Ford as they work with them, so that might open up some answers to sorting the 350 TB and 350 mani setup further as one would hope Ford PP3 tune had perfect throttle being factory tune.

Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey Gibbo, do you know of anyone in the UK able to custom tune the coyote yet?

I'm going to be running the HP Tuners and was wondering if you know anyone who can live map on the dyno?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Gibbo, do you know of anyone in the UK able to custom tune the coyote yet?

I'm going to be running the HP Tuners and was wondering if you know anyone who can live map on the dyno?
Learn how to use HP yourself, then take it to a dyno and do it yourself.

If your using HP tuners, there are some guys here who have their car running really nice on the 350 setup, maybe if you ask them nicely they will be kind enough to share there tune with you with the necessary changes for the intake your running and the fuel you intend to run. You can then get it on the dyno and tweak the fuelling, timing and VCT to get the best from it.

But as to tuners here who know the Coyote, I am sure many will claim to be able to tune it, but actual experts, I doubt there is any as the S550 Coyote is a mindfield to tune, there is something like 26 drive tables alone, then cam, VCT, spark adders, torque tables it would take a long time and a lot of hours/days/weeks on a dyno and road testing to get tunes perfected on this engine and I know nobody in the UK who has done that.

Sorry but I'd only stick with well known US tuners, JDM, Lund, VMP, Palm Beach Dyno are pretty much the best in the business who have years of experience and a lot of time spent on the S550 Coyote platform.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Lund

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I am not knocking Lund at all as the car makes fantastic power and is so responsive it snaps your neck. Those who like a sensitive gas pedal will love it, for me that is a downside, otherwise Lund tune is spot on.
As a test I forced my IMRCs open at all times and retuned the cams on mine on the stock manifold to ready mine for the cobra jet and unexpectedly it is so much smoother driving now and feels more responsive as well I dinner think it lost any low end power if anything it's the opposite. Cold starts transitioning is smoother now as well. I like it so much so I'm leaving it like this until the CJ goes on.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a test I forced my IMRCs open at all times and retuned the cams on mine on the stock manifold to ready mine for the cobra jet and unexpectedly it is so much smoother driving now and feels more responsive as well I dinner think it lost any low end power if anything it's the opposite. Cold starts transitioning is smoother now as well. I like it so much so I'm leaving it like this until the CJ goes on.

I am calling JDM soon, they want to chat with me, I will mention this to try in their file.

I remember deleting the IMRC's on my S197 years ago, had no impact on low-down torque, just made the car more responsive and drive better.

Has anyone dyno'd the IMRC locked out VS functioning to see if there is any loss or gain? Maybe they are more an emission thing?
Sponsored