Which traction aids?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I was really happy with my first time out at the strip. I did consistent 1.87-1.89 60' times on factory 255 tires with no hop. On the street I get some spin, and it of course is worse on cold days. I went with much wider/better tires, now with 325/30/19 Nitto Invo's. I'm considering adding some traction aids, but not sure which to go with. I did a couple searches, and Steeda's stop the hop kits come up. No one really mentions which one of the kits they buy. I don't have mods yet, but want to add a Stage 2 Procharger in the next year. Car info in sig. Any advise?
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
tire will be number 1 in traction factor. Invo isnt what i would call a stick tire. with boost anything short of a radial it wont matter what suspension you have.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
tire will be number 1 in traction factor. Invo isnt what i would call a stick tire. with boost anything short of a radial it wont matter what suspension you have.
I know I'll need Drag Radials once boosted, but just trying to improve on what I have. The Invo's are much better than The factory P Zeros, so they did help. Not looking to go DR yet.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I know I'll need Drag Radials once boosted, but just trying to improve on what I have. The Invo's are much better than The factory P Zeros, so they did help. Not looking to go DR yet.
i get that, but from my experience suspension has had very little impact on street traction. but you can get sold on several of the companies.. when ever i decide to do some suspension my first part will be the CB005 kit with the CB762 from BMR

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
i get that, but from my experience suspension has had very little impact on street traction. but you can get sold on several of the companies.. when ever i decide to do some suspension my first part will be the CB005 kit with the CB762 from BMR
Thanks, very good info!

Sponsored

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
What's your goal with the suspension? Better 60' and track times or more street oriented ride improvements?

If your looking to get better track times, drag radials are a must. Consider your current 60' times in late fall, with awesome prep, an anomaly. Try to duplicate those same 60' in the spring or summer, with the same tires, and you'll see how important the DR is even on a stock car.

I use the basic Steeda Stop the Hop kit with the brace along with a set of Mickeys. The same car on a stock tire will run .3 or more slower than me. I've seen it first hand.

The Steeda Kit just plan works and tightens the car up for a much improved driving and straight line acceleration feel.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
What's your goal with the suspension? Better 60' and track times or more street oriented ride improvements?

If your looking to get better track times, drag radials are a must. Consider your current 60' times in late fall, with awesome prep, an anomaly. Try to duplicate those same 60' in the spring or summer, with the same tires, and you'll see how important the DR is even on a stock car.

I use the basic Steeda Stop the Hop kit with the brace along with a set of Mickeys. The same car on a stock tire will run .3 or more slower than me. I've seen it first hand.

The Steeda Kit just plan works and tightens the car up for a much improved driving and straight line acceleration feel.
I don't intend to drag the car much. I do have a lead foot though. I just want the car to hook better on street tires, on the street. Really don't want to run a DR. I won't take my car out if it's raining, but want to be able to take on trips that rain may be unavoidable. I will start adding power by summer.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
BMR CB005 Rear Cradle Lockout Kit is a huge improvement to put power down and stop most of the wheel hop. Consider upgrading your Rear Vertical Links too.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
BMR CB005 Rear Cradle Lockout Kit is a huge improvement to put power down and stop most of the wheel hop. Consider upgrading your Rear Vertical Links too.
I added just the cb005 as well and made a tremendous difference.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
So... if your on a budget ...recommendations on order of installing the mods in a cost/benefit way..... cuz that's how my brain works
CB005 step number 1?
Next?
Axles #3?
Sponsored