Which one should I get help me out

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you care about your warranty? If no, a modded EB will be a very fun track toy, although I would read up on what Anthony@HTM has experienced tracking his (many cooling upgrades required to do continuous lapping without reduced performance). The GT PP is ready to hit the track stock. You'd just needed to decide if the bulk of the money you save between an EB and a GT would go to mods to get it to be near the GT in performance.

If you do care about your warranty:
1. If it's a daily driver, consider how much the engine sound matters to you
2. How much does fuel economy matter to you? EB will be at least 4-5 mpg better.
Sponsored

Highwayman

Been there.. Done that..
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
15 OW Base GT/PP/Recarros,Built STI,Built Jeep JK
Geez. There has been a zillion and half silly threads by guys on which mustang to buy, since the short time I've been here. Who buys these cars?

GT or EB or V6? Recarros or standard seats? PP or no PP? Auto or Manual? Base or Premium? Spoiler or delete? Gee what color Mustang does a stranger think I'll like better? Not a rant, but this goofy stuff is silly. Do people really need complete strangers approval to buy stuff or what?

I don't see why all the confusion in a Mustang purchase. Really if you're buying a Mustang (or any car) and can't figure out any of the above, (let alone) if you want a V8 or turbo 4 cyl.... Good luck.

How can you be happy on a purchase based on a strangers idea of what you want? And better yet, why care what a stranger thinks of your purchase?

Last edited:

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
Get the GT PP. If a high quality driving experience is what you're really after, then that's the top shelf, unless you're willing to shell out whatever is necessary to get into a GT350.

ktapia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Get the GT PP. If a high quality driving experience is what you're really after, then that's the top shelf, unless you're willing to shell out whatever is necessary to get into a GT350.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You won't be disappointed with the GT PP. Cheers!

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Considering you can't even get a gt350 now with the constraints and most if not all spoken for, itpretty much limits you to the GT or EB. Who in their right mind would buy a v6 mustang?? [emoji38] (flame suit on)

Like others have said, what do YOU want out if the car? List your top 3 priorities and that will help. For me, I wanted a rumbling engine (v8). Instant torque and power (v8). The ability to be at around 450whp with some bolt ons and a tune (again, v8)

aiiye

The Guy From The Thing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I wanted an EB...then I hit the gas in a GT and I couldn't go back.

Trailhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
Think you will be happy with either of them. Just picked up our EcoBoost Premium tonight. One sweet vehicle. Ford has hit a home run with this guy. :)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Test drive both.

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance of the EB compared to my GTI, but I prefer N/A power delivery over turbo, so for me it's the GT over the EB due to power delivery and sound.

-T

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If gas savings is a concern remember:

EB needs 93 octane for that HP/TQ. You can run 87 and have around 280 HP but at that point get another car.

You can run 87 in the GT all day long and only lose 5 HP.

Gas savings then is only like 30 miles per $$ spent to fill up.

In the end, you HAVE to test drive both. Only you can answer that question.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
:headbonk: Another silly thread with subjective replies.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Actually there isn't any question what to get if you have the money for a GT premium. GT goes all the way before I would buy a EB! If we had US pricing I would have bought a GT.

austinnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zipcar
I think the GT is the unqualified best option if power is important to you. It's more powerful in stock form. It's more powerful in modded form. Some people compare a tuned EB with exhaust and intake to a stock GT but I don't really think that's a relevant comparison because the stock GT still has its warranty, making the long-term cost of ownership of the stock GT probably less than a modded EB with comparable power (admittedly this is just my own non-quantitative estimation).

For me personally power is not important and 300 is more than enough, so the fuel efficiency and light weight of the EB take the cake.