Sponsored

Which one? BMR CB005 or BMR CB762?

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
Which one should I go with on my GT? Is one better then the other? Do they achieve the same? I want to be able to launch the car, safely. Or get on it with out the back feeling loose.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally have gone with 762 twice.
And have another 762 kit on the shelf.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
They are kinda complimentary to one another. One limits the main IRS mounting bushing deflection while the other creates external bracing of the cradle to the chassis. Personally I went with CB010 and the CB762. IMO the bracket that the CB005 has that the CB010 doesn't is not necessary or in other words overkill. These two takes out the majority of the vagueness of how the car feels stock. Just a headsup, the CB762 kit might arrive bent or misaligned(mine did). You may have to bend it back to where it can be bolt up the chassis. The connector piece that bolts up to the frame of the car is kinda soft and it can be bent during shipping an handling. Not an issue though because as long as you make all the hard connections(bolts) properly, the brace will become solid and will do what it's designed to do. which is support and limit movements of the IRS cradle.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
See sig. I have been very happy with this. The car is much better planted and predictable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I personally went with the CB005 and it's night and day. Perhaps if I add more power down the line I'll add the CB762.
Sweet! I'll order it soon. I'm just adding on the X pipe next week, and then going to tackle ordering that and getting someone to install it for me. Doesn't require an alignment after?

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Sweet! I'll order it soon. I'm just adding on the X pipe next week, and then going to tackle ordering that and getting someone to install it for me. Doesn't require an alignment after?
You will definitely need an alignment after.

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
You will definitely need an alignment after.
Sigh. Anything else I should do while I'm there for inexpensive to the car if it needs an alignment?

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
Sigh. Anything else I should do while I'm there for inexpensive to the car if it needs an alignment?
You basically have to remove the CB005 to do lowering springs. If I could've decided which ones I wanted, I would have done them both at the same time.

Sponsored

chuckhammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT, Carbonized Gray, MT82, base, no options.
To save labor and time, do any/all of these things when lowering the rear subframe (i.e., IRS cradle):

- BMR CB005/010/762 or Steeda equivalent
- BMR CB766 or Steeda equivalent
- BMR BK052 or Steeda/UPR/Whiteline equivalent
- Rear springs

Throw in the various rear suspension arm upgrades at the same time if you want to do a single alignment. Camber arms, vertical/integral links, toe links, spherical bearings, etc. Same for front suspension upgrades.

Did I leave anything out? Upgraded half shafts require dropping the cradle?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
To save labor and time, do any/all of these things when lowering the rear subframe (i.e., IRS cradle):

- BMR CB005/010/762 or Steeda equivalent
- BMR CB766 or Steeda equivalent
- BMR BK052 or Steeda/UPR/Whiteline equivalent
- Rear springs

Throw in the various rear suspension arm upgrades at the same time if you want to do a single alignment. Camber arms, vertical/integral links, toe links, spherical bearings, etc. Same for front suspension upgrades.

Did I leave anything out? Upgraded half shafts require dropping the cradle?
No you do not need to upgrade half shafts unless you're going BIG power.
Sponsored