GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I have always used Motorcraft in my old Mustang....and 5W-20 Sythetic Blend Motorcraft in my Fusion with Motorcraft filter. Plan to use the same in the new Mustang :cheers:

I always ran royal purple in my WRX.
It doesn't matter what you use in a WRX...it'll still spin a bearing before long and/or burn a valve :lol: I'm buying a project car off a guy at work here in a couple of days, a 2003 WRX he bought used and it spun a bearing 300 miles after he bought it and 200 miles before the 60k warranty was up (lucky for him). Dealer put in new shortblock...70k later (at 129k) it burnt a valve...so I'm buying it to fix up and be my winter beater...or may sell it not sure yet. Did some research and it seems spinning bearings is common on those WRXs...though probably ones that are modded and driven hard (who knows what the original owner did to it). Burnt valves is also pretty common...still odd the valve burnt on this one, as he babied it and it was barely modded since he's had it (exhaust only).

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
any oil with an LL03 designation. It's a true synthetic not a highly refined Dino like all the "synthetics" you find at walmart. LL03 oils can go much farther between oil changes and it keeps the inside of the engine a lot cleaner.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
+1 for Mobile one...great that Walmart sells it cheap also
This! I use Mobile One in all of my cars. I used it in my EVO for 80000 miles. My EVO was tuned to 36psi on the stock short block with meth injection for the entire 80000 miles with no issues. I beat the hell out of the car.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I will be swapping over to Amsoil signature series 10 30 when she hits 1000 miles, I hope they use the same filters.
Sponsored