Sponsored

Which is better a Mustang PP2 or a Bullitt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The pp2 will have a better suspension and tuning, comparable to a 350, but the tires it comes with stock are track tires and will perform horribly on the street, and get chewed up fast. Ford didnt put any form of coolers on the differential so the car will overheat and go into a "limp" mode if you track it and make more than 2 average laps.

The bullit is equipped with the Ford performance intake enhancements that used to be optional for the mustang 15-17. essentially it has an extra 20hp by having the gt350 intake, though there is no extra torque. They no longer sell that option for the 18-19 GT. The bullit also has a unique exhaust sound, and looks that make men over 50 melt.

People might mention resale value, it seems like the pp2 is the far rarer care due to magneride allocations (if you are custom ordering expect to wait an average of 3 months over the standard waiting time), so only time will tell what is worth more in the end. You would probably have more fun with the pp2 if you like hitting hard into corners, but it does suck that you need to buy new tires asap to have a nice street ride.
What makes you say it will take 3 months extra to get a PP2? I will be getting mine in far shorter time than those getting non Magne or PP1's. At least a few others will be getting their also in about 3 months (total). Not to mention you can get Magne in a Bullitt. I do agree that the PP2 will be a rarer or as rare, for model year 2019. Unless they continue to make Bullitts, the overall PP2's will continue to grow (unless 2019 is the last year for it).
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I like the bullet, and the pp1 handling is more than enough for me. Since I don't live at a track, I'd take the bullet. I do love the color, for sure. The PP2 is nice, but not necessary for my use. You can argue the PP1 more than i need as well, but I like it's balance of capability and nice ride at the same time. Call me crazy.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

XxShadexX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 YZF-R6
What makes you say it will take 3 months extra to get a PP2? I will be getting mine in far shorter time than those getting non Magne or PP1's. At least a few others will be getting their also in about 3 months (total). Not to mention you can get Magne in a Bullitt. I do agree that the PP2 will be a rarer or as rare, for model year 2019. Unless they continue to make Bullitts, the overall PP2's will continue to grow (unless 2019 is the last year for it).
If you look through the forum, you'll see a ton of threads on magneride equipped orders being delayed. Ford has given the priority allocations within in each region, to both the bullit and the 350, making it difficult to get an pp2, and the pp1 with magneride as the supply is low.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you're keeping it for a long time, Bullitt. If you are going to track it or want a mountain road carver, PP2 (or Camaro 1LE which includes actual drivetrain cooling that the PP2 should have at least in the differential).

Status
Not open for further replies.