Which electronic boost controller

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I don't have any personal experience with either of those but I have ran the Boost Leash and Eboost2 and both of those are great controllers. I would highly recommend the Boost Leash however. If you need any help or would like to order one, just let me know. lethalperformance.com

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I don't have it set up yet because my car is getting a built motor put in at the moment, but I have the Cortex and am extremely impressed by it's abilities and software. Most advanced boost controller I have seen. Not only can it do boost by gear but also by RPM independently in each gear. Their support is very helpful as well.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have it set up yet because my car is getting a built motor put in at the moment, but I have the Cortex and am extremely impressed by it's abilities and software. Most advanced boost controller I have seen. Not only can it do boost by gear but also by RPM independently in each gear. Their support is very helpful as well.
got a link to the best price on the cortex you have?

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
anyone able to list the pros and cons between the cortex vs. the GFB gforce III?
Yeah I've sort of dealt with a few of these. I'll throw in Boost leash for good measure.

Cortex and Boost leash are both more aggressive controllers that will do everything you need and provide a lot of boost flexibility, but will definitely take more patience and effort. Cortex isn't too bad priced in the $300 range; Boost leash is closer to $500. The biggest benefit of these contollers IMO is BBG, which is essential if you plan on taking races seriously, otherwise it'll be just a spin fest.

GFB will be perfect if you want something super intuitive, looks really nice, pretty inexpensive, and you don't mind running at a static psi (i.e. more of a fun toy that isn't meant for a ton of racing). It also has some cool features like boost cut under lean conditions, overboost, and gain, that are all super easy to setup and change on the fly. (GFB does have a way to set up a pseudo bbg [has to do with setting up like an external input to trigger the next preset every time it's engaged])

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Particularly looking at the cortex and the Plex.

https://sirhclabs.com/store/

https://www.plex-tuning.com/products/pbc-pro-boost-controller/

Is anyone running either of these and utilizing boost by gear?

Boost leash + pulse is another option as that's what I ran on my GTO and it's easy enough.
I have the cortex and love it. It has 6 different profiles meaning that I have 6 levels of boost from lazy low boost to Dyno show off.

I use the boost by gear by rpm mode. There are other modes, but I don’t use them. I ramp up boost with each gear and also by rpm. I also use it to drive my 2nd fuel pump. You can also log with it.

Downside of the cortex is you do have to read the manual to understand all the features and you need to tap into your output shaft speed sensor and cam sensor to get the signal for boost by gear.
Sponsored