Sponsored

Which Brand Long Tube headers & what size??

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey guys,
2021 GT w Roush blower and max mod cooling kit installed by a certified ford roush dealer blah, blah, blah!!! Roush is one of the most conservative tunes on the planet, have no idea how i roasted a cat!!!! ?!?!?
So after burning a cat last week and realizing that can happen to me again and again. I'm contemplating going long tube headers w removable cats. I'm having them professionally installed at a shop don't want any part of that nightmare install. lol
#1) Which brand is the best? Kooks, Texas speed or Stainless works or stainless power?

#2) what size should i go with? --------> 1 3/4 or 1 7/8???

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
1) Any of those brands will be fine. I have TSP and they are fine.

2) 1 7/8” is the size you want.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
1) Any of those brands will be fine. I have TSP and they are fine.

2) 1 7/8” is the size you want.
Hey John,
Thanks for reply!!! How was the quality in TSP?
Anthony

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Hey John,
Thanks for reply!!! How was the quality in TSP?
Anthony
No real issues on my end with quality. They bolted right up and there’s no leaks.

Only thing I experienced, and I seem to be in the minority, is one of the passenger side primaries was hitting the A/C line on acceleration. I didn’t even try to move the line out of the way like most people have luck doing. I just put urethane engine mounts in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
No real issues on my end with quality. They bolted right up and there’s no leaks.

Only thing I experienced, and I seem to be in the minority, is one of the passenger side primaries was hitting the A/C line on acceleration. I didn’t even try to move the line out of the way like most people have luck doing. I just put urethane engine mounts in.
Good to hear on quality.. Did that affect your a/c at all? leaks etc.... I've heard that same complaint about a/c line interference..
Thanks Ant

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Good to hear on quality.. Did that affect your a/c at all? leaks etc.... I've heard that same complaint about a/c line interference..
Thanks Ant
No issues with that other than huge amounts of false knock.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
It was hitting the A/C line while accelerating causing the knock sensors to go crazy. I could see it pulling 10° of spark, which is the max I had it set to pull, due to knock.

Sponsored

JoeCee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
13 GT500
Ty for reply. WHatcha mean about boost? im confused.
Did you fry a cat because you were getting on it a lot into boost? Normal driving and only getting into boost once in a while shouldn’t kill a cat.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
It was hitting the A/C line while accelerating causing the knock sensors to go crazy. I could see it pulling 10° of spark, which is the max I had it set to pull, due to knock.
oh ok, wow........ damn. so using the poly engine mounts prevented that and fixed your issues? 100%..

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
oh ok, wow........ damn. so using the poly engine mounts prevented that and fixed your issues? 100%..
Yup. Completely gone.

And like I said, I think I’m in the minority for this issue. I also didn’t even try to move the A/C line at all. I just went straight for the urethane engine mounts. I may have been able to solve it by moving the line but I just went straight to something I knew would fix it.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Did you fry a cat because you were getting on it a lot into boost? Normal driving and only getting into boost once in a while shouldn’t kill a cat.
Funny thing, i wasn't beating on it that much at all. But i do drive it spiritedly, that what its meant for, plus i had the max mod kit installed for heat soak via blower. I would answer your questions as NO. I get into boost every now and then when i have enough road to let her loose without having all the stop and go traffic.
A couple of days before i took a trip into city i had swapped in the UPR breather kit for valve cover and i noticed lots of boost loss and a stumble a few times. Almost like a vacuum leak... I thought that was abnormal.. and that saturday, the CEL light went on and that dreaded P0430 came on... I immediately removed that breather kit and plugged valve cover with oil fill cap.. That was the only abnormal thing that happened to that car. My thought was possible vac leak creating a lean situation that caused detonation and the cat to blow?
I also thought maybe i fueled up at a local station that stated fuel was 93 and really was 87, hence detonation and blowing a cat?? Is this possible??

Thanks Anthony

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I bought and Installed LTH 1-7/8 lth. And wrapped them with titanium heat wrap. I did bend outward the AC block on pass side a tad, not an issue. Great fit. Good luck
Sponsored