Which aftermarket wheels?

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I would recommend TSW flow formed wheels - about $300 each. Very lightweight - about 23-24 lbs. each.

I weighed them myself on a good quality digital shipping scale.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TSW Interlagos 20"x9.5", -23.5lbs, -48mm offset, 3mm spacer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TSW Interlagos 20"x10.5", -24.5lbs, -63mm offset, 13mm spacer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tires Invos[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Front is 275/35x20"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Back is 315/35x20"[/FONT]

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
any cheaper replicas to the HRE FlowForm/P40?

It's going to be some kind of a mesh style for me. Depends on how ridiculously open I want the face to be, how the offsets will work out (I like single-piece concave wheels without a dish), and how many spokes I'll run (odd numbered only).

For now I'm only familiar with one style that fits the Mustang's bolt pattern - HRE P40 (VMR V710 replica).

I talked to a VMR rep this morning and he claimed the VMR V710 wouldn't fit the 2015 Mustang because of the offset (don't know if he was that informed)...i want the HRE, but it's too expensive...are there any other companies that make a cheaper replica?

Mark's M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'15 L.E. Auto WW
Different strokes for different folks. I love a nice set of wheels on my cars, I had the Flowforms on my 2011 and HRE 540r's on my 300zx Twin turbo. Im crossing my fingers that the new FlowForm design looks like the P101 since that design will really show off the 6pot brakes and large rotors.
Ditto. You get what you pay for IMO. For those serious about a dramatic new look and nothing else.....a $400 wheel (or less) might serve you just fine. But if you're interested in a dramatic new look AND a significant weight savings over the VERY HEAVY factory wheels, you'll spend the money. Not many people understand the the impact that significantly reduced rotational mass has on performance - on road and on track. The best way to explain it is to experience it. Sadly most won't....which is why the market for less expensive wheels (ie pretty but heavy) flourishes and will always continue to do so. But as Mikes5.0 says, different strokes for different folks.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Ditto. You get what you pay for IMO. For those serious about a dramatic new look and nothing else.....a $400 wheel (or less) might serve you just fine. But if you're interested in a dramatic new look AND a significant weight savings over the VERY HEAVY factory wheels, you'll spend the money. Not many people understand the the impact that significantly reduced rotational mass has on performance - on road and on track. The best way to explain it is to experience it. Sadly most won't....which is why the market for less expensive wheels (ie pretty but heavy) flourishes and will always continue to do so. But as Mikes5.0 says, different strokes for different folks.

There are plenty of wheels that look good, reduce weight without spending 5k on wheels and tires...The TSW Nurburgring are 20 pounds a piece (depending on the size) while the vast amount of much more expensive counterparts weigh the same or more (see the link below).

You can get a complete set of TSWs with meats on them for around 2k. I've had two cars with high end rims and and understand the experience. It's awesome to roll around on an amazing set of wheels and there is no denying the dramatic effect it has on your car. I am after the unsprung weight and performance gains you mentioned. I've experienced road rash, bent rims and discontinued series with no replacement so the thrill of rolling around on high end rims is gone for me. I've also killed my cars performance by going the cheap, bigger heavier route and will not ever do that again as well.

Different strokes for different strokes but if you are after the performance improvement a high quality low weight forged rim with a good entry price will do you well.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265756

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to be some kind of a mesh style for me. Depends on how ridiculously open I want the face to be, how the offsets will work out (I like single-piece concave wheels without a dish), and how many spokes I'll run (odd numbered only).

For now I'm only familiar with one style that fits the Mustang's bolt pattern - HRE P40 (VMR V710 replica).

what wheel and tire size was on the Blue Mustang?...and is the wheel the VMR 710?

OP
OP

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Newbie question - I've never added aftermarket wheels.

Is it a difficult process?

I'll get a professional to put them on. But, am I OK ordering a GT with stock 18" wheels and then just getting the 19" wheels/tires that I want? Do other adjustments have to be made, to suspension? Or, do they just pop on, assuming the same bolt pattern?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

what wheel and tire size was on the Blue Mustang?...and is the wheel the VMR 710?

Those are RTR wheels, 19x9.5 +35(32?)mm

Newbie question - I've never added aftermarket wheels.

Is it a difficult process?

I'll get a professional to put them on. But, am I OK ordering a GT with stock 18" wheels and then just getting the 19" wheels/tires that I want? Do other adjustments have to be made, to suspension? Or, do they just pop on, assuming the same bolt pattern?

Depends on what you want. The Mustang is the most modified vehicle in history. There are hundreds of wheels available that will simply bolt on with no other changes. Take your time, research the forums, and check out the vendors to see what is available.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I have the ones going on the S550 planned out for SEMA already.

I have these on my current and I think they would look great on the new body as well.

Car is for sale by the way

Sponsored

nak302

Threads
Reaction score
I have the ones going on the S550 planned out for SEMA already.

I have these on my current and I think they would look great on the new body as well.

Car is for sale by the way

very nice tough looking car, but i reckon it would look even better with gloss black centres. it's amazing how much a suspension drop can do to a car's attitude. i think the s550 needs to come down another inch :D

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Chrome lips need to go away. Along with everything else chrome on a car.

OP
OP

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
very nice and I will check out...I've always been a big fan of the TSW nurburgring wheels.
The Nurburgring wheels only come in bronze and gunmetal. No silver. How do they look in-person? Is the gunmetal too black? From the pics, almost looks flat black instead of gunmetal.
They do have some nice silver wheels.

http://www.tsw.com/silver-wheels-rims.php
Sponsored