Sponsored

Where were you when you saw the S550?

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I was in San Diego, California 'bout 2015 cruising on the highway in my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT when I saw my first S550 on the road. I was not a fan of Mustangs up until that point due to over-exposure of the name and four cylinders on the road, not a great impression over the years when you think of iconic performance.

But then I saw it.

It was stock as all hell, new, in oxford white. I could not tell you if it were an ecoboost, V6 or V8. I knew literally nothing of it other than the name and the new fine lines I was witnessing slowly pass by in the rear-view mirror. So this is what it's like to experience love at first sight.

Had my S550 now for almost 5 years. I 5.0 daily. Endless late night hours of viewing threads on 6g about my new ride, youtube videos demonstrating what this monster is capable of, realizing what is within my grasp of stupid power-to-dollar ratio, understanding my eventual goals of boost and realization that Gen2 synchronized with my end goals for the car that would eventually be.

I understand now.

The heritage, the legacy, the appreciation of all previous generations as a culmination to this point in time for the Mustang. It all ended up being happenstance that I am a part of it because of one time seeing it on a highway in person before it was mainstream. I can now appreciate that this will be one of the last generations that has the ICE V8 that is truly open for modification and interpretation. I know just how special this vehicle will be even more. Not just for me, but for generations and my kin in the future, knowing that if they act like little shits, the supercharged S550 will be sold privately and not in any will under their name.

20220429_194757.jpg

20220429_214706.jpg

So where were you when you saw your first S550? If it had a significant impact on you, explain how! (and post a damn pic)
Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Cool story. I was a JDM guy for years. Started reading about the Coyote development as it went on. I was ready to trade up my G35c to a Boss 302 when they hit the market. I didn't for reasons. But later found a great deal for my buddy who is not a car guy at all looking to drive something more than his Hyundai. Found him a very low mile 2015 and he bought it.

I spent the next 5 years waiting to decide if I wanted to supplement my love of my LS430 with performance car again.

Found a brand new 2020 GT at a super low price and snatched it up right away!

C6BA5249-3E6F-48D6-AFA6-2713398BBF0E.jpeg

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool story. I was a JDM guy for years. Started reading about the Coyote development as it went on. I was ready to trade up my G35c to a Boss 302 when they hit the market. I didn't for reasons. But later found a great deal for my buddy who is not a car guy at all looking to drive something more than his Hyundai. Found him a very low mile 2015 and he bought it.
Great story my man, it's always nice to hear about how others learn and begin to understand the fold of the S550 whether they are modding it or not. As others have said in previous threads, 435-460hp is more than enough for the average joe.

I grew up when the Integra Type R, Prelude Type R, IS300 (before what they knew what the 2JZ was capable of) and S2000 were king.

I also had a friend who had an '85 C4 Corvette.

He bought it just after high school, he knew what he wanted and he obtained it. He also just so happened to let me try out a 350ish horsepower vehicle that is insanely light, --coming from my 170ish horsepower 3k pound Tiburon. I handled it astonishingly well to his surprise as he stated. I don't believe him. It was the car. I just turned a wheel to a varying degree.

Your Magnetic Metallic is beatiful. Both Gen 2 and 3. I hope you understand what you have. :)

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I grew up when the Integra Type R, Prelude Type R, IS300 (before what they knew what the 2JZ was capable of) and S2000 were king.

I also had a friend who had an '85 C4 Corvette.

Your Magnetic Metallic is beatiful. Both Gen 2 and 3. I hope you understand what you have. :)
Same, I grew up in the days where there were plentiful with DC2s, EK4s, EK9s, EM1s, and finally EP3s.

My DC5 with an K20A2 was targeted for the motor and trans...It was stolen a couple years after I bought it. My first car I bought fully myself. I tore it up and rebuilt it my self. I'm still more than upset about loosing it.

I dropped off the car modding scene many years ago after loosing my G35C in a stupid accident involving ice.

Rocked a Lexus LS430 for over a decade while looking at the Coyote development. I knew it was gonna be my next fun car when the time came...no regrets.

Edit: same guy I posted had access to a red C4 when we were younger. That thing was fun as fuck.

I'd love to own a C5 Z06 or better a C6 lol

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
This bitch gets around:

718A54BA-A89C-4AE7-BAFC-528238471833.jpeg
9FE9D646-F750-42A3-A0D7-B42CA53F11F0.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Crowd.Slayer

Crowd.Slayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same, I grew up in the days where there were plentiful with DC2s, EK4s, EK9s, EM1s, and finally EP3s.

I dropped off the car modding scene many years ago after loosing my G35C in a stupid accident involving ice.

Rocked a Lexus LS430 for over a decade while looking at the Coyote development. I knew it was gonna be my next fun car when the time came...no regrets.

Edit: same guy I posted had access to a red C4 when we were younger. That thing was fun as fuck.

I'd love to own a C5 Z06 or better a C6 lol
I dropped off out of it as well due to being poor as fuck, everything I wanted was just a dream.

<Decade later>

It has been funny and nostalgic to see any year STi (which I respect and like) give a nod or Evo10 back down when you roll up. I'm sure they are used to stangers being dicks, all I wanna do is cruise and hang if they are down. They might not know how much the S550 has been the platform to gap the bridge with jdm and domestic.

Deleted member 69033

I didn't have one magic moment of remembering where I first saw a 550, but I always wanted a mustang. Had a few fast cars when I was in my 20s. Had a really fun stealth tt awd, that was a cool car. In my 30s I got into older stuff. Built a 68 c10 long bed all lowered way down. More of a cruiser than fast or handled well. Then a 51 Ford coupe that's definitely a cruiser, low and slow with a flathead 8 in it. I was driving a 2011 ford edge that I had bought for my wife new and she was up north in our Bronco hitting the dunes with our son and the edge blew up. So I got the OK from the wife to buy a new car. She didn't say what to buy. I sent her a Pic of the mustang in the driveway and she sent back "you're fu***** kidding me, right?" lol.
20221013_173340.jpg

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I was won over in winter of 2015.

I was getting ready to graduate college the. Took my 2012 Ford Focus in for the god awful transmission recall. Gave the keys to the service department and requested a shuttle back to campus. It was still morning so I wanted to grab a coffee from inside the showroom and then wait outside. Stepped into the showroom and there was a beautiful white 2016 GT/CS convertible parked. My mouth dropped as I had not really seen any of the new mustangs in person, let alone any of the special editions or performance package models. I knew at that moment I was going to eventually own a S550 mustang. Not too long later, graduated college, moved from podunk nowhere Wisconsin and headed out west to Colorado and bought me a 2016 convertible. I’ve been in love ever since. It’s my daily and I ended up buying a dodge viper for the track. Not a cobra but still a snake! 🐍 Haven’t thought of replacing the mustang yet. 👍

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I always like the Mustang and wanted one….Back in late 2014 I saw one advertised in the local newspaper, a 2015 EB Premium. I talked to the wife and she happily agreed to give her 2007 Camry to our daughter entering college so I traded my daughters car in towards the EB….Fast forward to December 2020 after retiring six months earlier I sold the EB and ordered a new 2021 Twister Orange GT…I’ve put 38k on it in 18 months so far.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I saw and drove my first S550 back in 2015. It was at a motorcycle event. One of our members offered his car as the carrier for all things that couldn't fit on or in the bikes, and my bike just happen to be broke. So i drove his car. It was an EB all black, louvers, tint and just looked good. So i was surprised by the turbo peppiness of the car. Impressed so to speak. Next run in was in 2020 when i saw my ole girl on the lot right up front with a ribbon and balloon on it. Drove by it and was like damn that looks good, and wondered what they wanted for it. The rest is what they call history, and have been in love with it ever since.

car9.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had been impressed with the design as soon as official images had been leaked. In the spring of 2014, I went to the Twin Cities auto show, where they had a silver GT/PP on display. Instant lust. Before I left the convention center I was already planning on ordering one. I ordered my '15 the day after New Year of 2015. Of the Mustangs I've owned, I like the design of the S550 the best, and I still just enjoy looking at it after 7+ years. It's a keeper, I think.

PXL_20221002_152705408.jpg

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Saw my first S550 in 2015 in the parking lot at work. Thought..man that is a wide body. Wasn't really liking it much as I was still driving an 2006 Mustang GT fastback. Unfortunately, the 06 lost the auto trans in 2020 and I was faced with a decision. Dump more cash into my 06 that was my DD since 2006 or move on. I was able to get a good trade in for the 06 eventhough the trans was shot. I love the S550 stance, power, looks etc. Still miss the S197 though. That was a fun ride as well.
Sponsored