ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
New colors and some changes to the California Special, don't be expecting any significant changes. '22 is the last year for S550 don't forget.
But to the Car owners insurance co. it is a new car, not a year old model, if the worst happens.
Getting a M.Y. '21 at the end of the calendar year, you take a huge hit on it's value when it comes to what insurance industry values it at. just off the production line or not.

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
I pinged Zach around 22 GT500's. He said we may not know anything until November or December.

Fingers crossed.

Law_Stu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic :(
I don’t know how they expect people to wait till December to order, because then you’re not actually getting the car until June or July next year. And that’s just insane.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don’t know how they expect people to wait till December to order, because then you’re not actually getting the car until June or July next year. And that’s just insane.
Maybe you haven’t noticed but our entire world is insane. This isn’t something Ford is doing on purpose. And you don’t have to wait. If you really need/want a new car you can buy one off the lot.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
They are so far behind on building ordered 2021's. they should not start taking orders on '22's till the last '21's in pipeline are two weeks out from shipping, then open the flood gates for the '22's The 22's start 1-3-22 so maybe hold off on taking orders on the 22my units till dec. 1st .
At the rate they are going, a bunch of the 21my orders might end up being 22 my cars.
Isn't the factory idle this week, again.
Outstanding 2021 Orders will automatically default to 2022 spec Cars (as there was with my 20 ordered 21 built), however there could be communication issues with deleted colours (like Velocity Blue!!!) and options.

Reactions: JF

Sponsored
OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
LOL Ford trying to elevate themselves to special order Euro Luxury cars by making potential customers wait ...well they're just gonna lose lots of market share even in pickups.

Sorry Ford just not an aspirational brand by any stretch.
Whatever you think. I have been critical of Ford’s handling of this situation. I personally want t a GT500 and look forward to getting one.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My Mach 1 I ordered on 5/14 is still not in production and isn't scheduled till the beginning of November now. I wouldn't expect things to follow a normal pattern currently with the parts shortages.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
But to the Car owners insurance co. it is a new car, not a year old model, if the worst happens.
Getting a M.Y. '21 at the end of the calendar year, you take a huge hit on it's value when it comes to what insurance industry values it at. just off the production line or not.
If the car you ordered in 2021 is built after Jan 3 2022, it will be a MY22. Simple!

OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
My Mach 1 I ordered on 5/14 is still not in production and isn't scheduled till the beginning of November now. I wouldn't expect things to follow a normal pattern currently with the parts shortages.
This seems correct. I expect the shortages to goon 21 orders to be produced until the end of this year at the very least. Based on this I expect a 60 day delay. So I’m looking for order banks to open around early December.
Sponsored