Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is the latest MY changeover I can remember. Usually the new MY production starts in late September, with the order banks having opened in June or July. But . . . COVID and chip shortage.
This is the same as last year. The '20MY was a very long one. If I recall correctly, it ran from Sept/Oct 2019 to the end of December 2020, with the '21s Job 1 being early January 2021. That was mostly caused by Covid delays........now it's likely the chip shortage that's caused it......or perhaps Ford are content to start the new Model Year in the same Calendar Year.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's so hard to know what to do. Getting the next MY could be nice, but only if it has the features I'd like. But by then I'd be locked out of this MY
Maybe I should start nail-biting. :-)
New colors and some changes to the California Special, don't be expecting any significant changes. '22 is the last year for S550 don't forget.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
This is the same as last year. The '20MY was a very long one. If I recall correctly, it ran from Sept/Oct 2019 to the end of December 2020, with the '21s Job 1 being early January 2021. That was mostly caused by Covid delays........now it's likely the chip shortage that's caused it......or perhaps Ford are content to start the new Model Year in the same Calendar Year.
Isn't the '22MY just a carry over, other than some paint colors?

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
This is the latest MY changeover I can remember. Usually the new MY production starts in late September, with the order banks having opened in June or July. But . . . COVID and chip shortage.
I was wondering about this now lol. ‘Didn’t next year’s cars come out in Aug/Sept?’

Sponsored

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Interesting. Maybe you are right and it's the new normal. It would make sense. September has never made any sense, it's just been "how we have always done it."

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Last year the build and price was only seen months after the switch over to the 2021 model

Law_Stu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic :(
Very odd update. A local dealer I Had talked to just emailed to let me know they were now accepting orders on ‘22 Mach 1s. Is anybody else hearing this? I haven’t seen any updates from Granger or anybody else

Law_Stu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic :(
They're probably using their sparkly unicorn pen to "place" those orders in a rainbow dream journal with the hope of one day actually submitting them to Ford.
*sigh* what I figured. But I got excited for a solid three seconds lol.

Sponsored

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Spoke to my dealer this morning, he checked with P/A, for some reason, and they all said orders are a go Monday so I'll be popping in at lunch while getting the oil changed.

This morning Vroom offered me $37,300 for a new car I paid about $36k for 2 years, and 8,600 miles, ago. There is no way this goes according to plan, they will be delayed 6 months or longer, Vroom will eff me somehow (although the Carvana offer was fine, too), but it seems to good to be true.

I NEED a '22 Explosion Green GT with the black accent package to drive next summer!!!

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
Spoke to my dealer this morning, he checked with P/A, for some reason, and they all said orders are a go Monday so I'll be popping in at lunch while getting the oil changed.
So what happens if we order with options, but the options change or new options become available that we would want are available for the new MY? Decisions, decisions. . .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I am starting to get some recommendations in Google Chrome about the new Mustangs but still not an official word from Ford though we know orders start some time around October 11th.

So the question there is - where are the 2022 Mustangs?
They’re “stealth”, didn’t ya hear or . . . uh… see them yet?

LMFAO…. Stealth they say….🤪😂🤣

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The name on the car means a lot to me. Stealth would be such a cool name to have on a Mustang.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue