Sponsored

When will dealers get more allocations for Bullitt?

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Anyone know when new allocations will happen? They must have built plenty of Bullitt so far and a new batch would be great.
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Anyone know when new allocations will happen? They must have built plenty of Bullitt so far and a new batch would be great.
I was told by a Canadian dealer they were getting one later in the year, so I assume OCT-DEC......

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I believe they said November

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
Some people here believe they will make as many Bullitts as possible but that’s not true because a specific dealership must have an allocation to receive one. Many dealerships only have 1 or 2 allocations this year. Some don’t have any?...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It all comes down to how their suppliers deliver I think. On the Bullitt press event Carl said in an interview that they're constrained by the various supply constraints. He said they only have so many cue ball shift knobs...only so many of each Bullitt seat, etc. So couple that with general constrictions on MagneRide and anything else that suppliers may get limited on and you have your answer. I think Ford knows the max they can build based on Bullitt parts they currently have, but how many cars end up being built will depend on all this I think. If most current and future Bullitt orders want MagneRide or Recaros and Ford doesn't have it, maybe the car won't get built. So the numbers can fluctuate. I guess once they know they have X amount of cars they can definitely build, they'll start handing out allocations again. I'd bet they'd also work with the regional managers to see what orders are placed and may just pull orders even if they don't have allocations eventually if it's a configuration that Ford says they can build.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I think Carl finally shed some light on why the allocation assignments have been so uneven looking to us, the consumer, as Matt mentions. With this car being sold worldwide in different packaging states, I imagine the constraints are trickier to manage than the last 2 Bullitt versions. I would count on them continuing. I know of one potential purchaser who was told he would have an order go through until January because the allocations removed in his US sales region.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
It all comes down to how their suppliers deliver I think. On the Bullitt press event Carl said in an interview that they're constrained by the various supply constraints. He said they only have so many cue ball shift knobs...only so many of each Bullitt seat, etc. So couple that with general constrictions on MagneRide and anything else that suppliers may get limited on and you have your answer. I think Ford knows the max they can build based on Bullitt parts they currently have, but how many cars end up being built will depend on all this I think. If most current and future Bullitt orders want MagneRide or Recaros and Ford doesn't have it, maybe the car won't get built. So the numbers can fluctuate. I guess once they know they have X amount of cars they can definitely build, they'll start handing out allocations again. I'd bet they'd also work with the regional managers to see what orders are placed and may just pull orders even if they don't have allocations eventually if it's a configuration that Ford says they can build.
Sounds like I better order a set of seats and a cue ball knob in case anything ever happens to mine.. They'll be impossible to get in 10 years...

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never. This will be the last and rarest Bullitt made out of 2001, 2008 and 2018 models. It’s much more rare than the Shelby GT350. Actually if you look at inventory at dealerships for 2018 and 2019 models the only manual transmission models that I see are the GT350 and Bullitt. The 10 speed auto trans is taking over the Mustang nation. I still prefer the manual on a Mustang. 10 years from now there will not be a new car with a manual let alone a V8 engine...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Sounds like I better order a set of seats and a cue ball knob in case anything ever happens to mine.. They'll be impossible to get in 10 years...
I'm strongly considering buying a bunch of new old stock parts in 5 years or so. Especially the computerized stuff (gauges, sync3, etc).

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Never. This will be the last and rarest Bullitt made out of 2001, 2008 and 2018 models. It’s much more rare than the Shelby GT350. Actually if you look at inventory at dealerships for 2018 and 2019 models the only manual transmission models that I see are the GT350 and Bullitt. The 10 speed auto trans is taking over the Mustang nation. I still prefer the manual on a Mustang. 10 years from now there will not be a new car with a manual let alone a V8 engine...
Any facts to back up these claims, or is this conjecture? Seems unlikely that Ford would rule out any more Bullitts when this one is selling well thus far, and has only begun its two-year run.
The automatic trans will likely take over, but that doesn't rule out a Bullitt. Ford quit making the 390 long ago, but that didn't stop the three generations of Bullitts we have now. Who's to say there won't be an automatic one next time, or an electric one?
Maybe this will be the last and the rarest edition of the Bullitt, but it seems very unlikely that statement is based on official Ford statements and strategy at this point.

Sponsored

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any facts to back up these claims, or is this conjecture? Seems unlikely that Ford would rule out any more Bullitts when this one is selling well thus far, and has only begun its two-year run.
The automatic trans will likely take over, but that doesn't rule out a Bullitt. Ford quit making the 390 long ago, but that didn't stop the three generations of Bullitts we have now. Who's to say there won't be an automatic one next time, or an electric one?
Maybe this will be the last and the rarest edition of the Bullitt, but it seems very unlikely that statement is based on official Ford statements and strategy at this point.
You’re correct. These are not official statements from Ford but I did try to contact a few dealerships outside of my state that had Bullitts for sale. They all said that the one on their showroom floor was the only one that they would be getting. It sounds like a statement to justify them charging ADMs. Anyways, from my shopping experience the Mustang Bullitt is currently attainable if one wants to pay over MSRP. I can’t justify paying over sticker for a $51,000 Mustang let alone any other vehicle. In my opinion, the Bullitt will be very hard to find at MSRP. I know that it’s all about supply and demand but it’s unfortunate that they advertise this vehicle at a specific price but 95% of people now can’t purchase one at the listed price. It’s very frustrating and misleading so that’s why I say that not everyone can go out and purchase a Bullitt. A $60k new vehicle costs 20% more than a $50k one. I will probably give up and look for something else...

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
....I know that it’s all about supply and demand but it’s unfortunate that they advertise this vehicle at a specific price but 95% of people now can’t purchase one at the listed price. It’s very frustrating and misleading so that’s why I say that not everyone can go out and purchase a Bullitt. A $60k new vehicle costs 20% more than a $50k one. I will probably give up and look for something else...
I'm on the other side of the world, so what would I know....but the Ford website has an inventory search function that will show you every Bullitt within a 100 mile radius of the zip code you select. It shows the window sticker for each car, it shows the price.

Are you saying the prices on the website are incorrect?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I think his point is the listed MSRP, while accurate on the window sticker, wouldn't be the actual selling price in many cases.

Having more cars built would help take down some of the "hard-to-get" situation now being experienced in this market. Actually it help all over, I think!

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Well here's one just around the corner. Worth clicking on the "Request a Dealer Quote" button.

I'd spend a day on the website sending emails to each dealer within 2000 miles asking for a quote....sooner or later you'll find someone willing to meet you halfway on price, surely:

chicagobullitt.jpg

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm on the other side of the world, so what would I know....but the Ford website has an inventory search function that will show you every Bullitt within a 100 mile radius of the zip code you select. It shows the window sticker for each car, it shows the price.

Maybe things work a little different in Australia but in the USA the price on the window sticker is not necessarily the price for the vehicle because many dealerships mark up the price on vehicles such as the Bullitt and the Shelby GT350...
Sponsored