When someone gets their V6 delivered...

OP
OP

EE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
I'll have to clean it up today. But I have pics from last night. I can't sleep. .lol. I been waiting since May 22
Awesome, that's almost the exact one that I want. I just can't wait to test drive one.

Are those the stock base wheels on yours? If so, they look much better in your pictures than on Ford's configurator.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
So does anyone know for example if the car is already wired if you wanted to swap out things like console for MFT, the seats for the heated cooled, etc?

I'd love to get the base V6 and then upgrade to certain premium pieces. Things like the chrome highlights, ambient lighting I could care less about.

Also, think it's an easy swap to change out the upper/lower grill for a V8 grill?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Awesome, that's almost the exact one that I want. I just can't wait to test drive one.

Are those the stock base wheels on yours? If so, they look much better in your pictures than on Ford's configurator.
He has 51A package which upgrades to 18" foundry black wheels.

OP
OP

EE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
He has 51A package which upgrades to 18" foundry black wheels.
Hmmm, the wheels don't look black in the picture with the American flag.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hmmm, the wheels don't look black in the picture.
The are not black... I don't know why ford is refering to these wheels as black but they are more gun metal/ magnetic in color.

Sponsored

OP
OP

EE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
The are not black... I don't know why ford is refering to these wheels as black but they are more gun metal/ magnetic in color.
Ahh okay. The "black" wheels were the only thing holding me back from that package. I suppose I need to see them IRL because the pictures on Ford's configurator are turrible.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Ahh okay. The "black" wheels were the only thing holding me back from that package. I suppose I need to see them IRL because the pictures on Ford's configurator are turrible.
I agree the pictures do suck... But believe me when I say you will not be disappointed if/when you see them in person!

Quick update on my mpg: 26.8 mpg as calculated by the trip computer. This is with 10% city 90% highway driving. And keep in mind my highway mileage is country back roads. Will keep everyone updated when I have more data!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I agree the pictures do suck... But believe me when I say you will not be disappointed if/when you see them in person!

Quick update on my mpg: 26.8 mpg as calculated by the trip computer. This is with 10% city 90% highway driving. And keep in mind my highway mileage is country back roads. Will keep everyone updated when I have more data!
Thanks Zack...keep us posted!

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Is that the stock lighting on the interior, or is that the accessories lighting pacakge.

Sponsored

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I am considering buying a V6. I want the v8 but its near 40k, and the v6 is mid 20's can lease around 256 a month.

66coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I am considering buying a V6. I want the v8 but its near 40k, and the v6 is mid 20's can lease around 256 a month.
I like the sound of a V8, but I'm shopping for a daily driver and the V6 makes more sense than the V8. Plus, the V6 has a good reputation as a reliable engine and I think it sounds better than the EB.

If you want the nicer options (e.g., heated/cooled leather seats, navigation, auto climate control), they are only available on the EB and V8. For me, those things are not important.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I think it's stock. Ford offers very few options on the V6, and I don't think a lighting package is one of them.
What you see in my pictures and 1stWorldMustang's pictures is indeed the stock lighting and not the accent package. Speaking of which! Congrats 1stWorldMustang! Looking forward to hearing your mpg report so we can compare!

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
What you see in my pictures and 1stWorldMustang's pictures is indeed the stock lighting and not the accent package. Speaking of which! Congrats 1stWorldMustang! Looking forward to hearing your mpg report so we can compare!
Whats the difference between the lighting that is stock and then the accessory lighting kit you can add onto the base builds (and is that the same ambient thing that the premiums have?)

Also, Zack, what is the button that is next to the hazards on the right...is that a traction control button?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Zack, tomorrow in the daylight can you take some pics of the interior. Would like to see things like doors up close (all parts) and the center console, dash, top of dash, etc.

Also is your interior black? Confused on what the premium talks about in "charcoal black".
Sponsored