honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sure is a shame that, for me at least, Ford is pretty synonymous with ADM these days. Ford is producing some really amazing machinery these days - it's a shame that so many dealers help ruin the experience.

The sad part is when you find those down-to-earth dealers that operate like a friendly neighbor, it's so nice and more appealing than the big commercial dealers.

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Sure is a shame that, for me at least, Ford is pretty synonymous with ADM these days. Ford is producing some really amazing machinery these days - it's a shame that so many dealers help ruin the experience.

The sad part is when you find those down-to-earth dealers that operate like a friendly neighbor, it's so nice and more appealing than the big commercial dealers.
Yeah, or maybe that non-myopic dealer that hopes to build a relationship with you so that you come back to them for your next Ford. So hard to find now adays. Nearly impossible in California.

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Supply and demand - the car is worth what people are willing to pay and with the GT350 they're willing to pay BIG because there is nothing like it in production.

The editor needs to take an economics class and brush up on his car knowledge - this is no Pontiac.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, or maybe that non-myopic dealer that hopes to build a relationship with you so that you come back to them for your next Ford. So hard to find now adays. Nearly impossible in California.
True that. I talk pretty regularly with mine - including sending him track videos :D So happy with them, I drive over to their shop for my regular maintenance (couple hours away) while I am covered under my extended warranty.

Guess who I reached out to first about acquiring a Raptor? Really don't understand why some of the dealers in question have to be so greedy just for short-term gain. I guess they must know something we don't know :headbonk:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Supply and demand - the car is worth what people are willing to pay and with the GT350 they're willing to pay BIG because there is nothing like it in production.

The editor needs to take an economics class and brush up on his car knowledge - this is no Pontiac.
Well then maybe Ford should up the cost of specialty cars to the dealers; because that seems to be a lot of money that Ford is leaving on the table for the dealer.

You know supply and demand

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
They could have run the program the way Dodge did with the first Hellcats.

There was an initial allocation. Subsequent allocations were handed out based on the how long the initial run sat on the showroom floor. At least there is an incentive to move the cars quickly.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I agree. People seem to forget MSRP means manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price; not must not sell for a penny more ever.

When you have 10 or 20 people calling to get the same 1 or 2 allocations, it's best offer. Same as buying a house, best offer is taken.

Sponsored

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
I agree. People seem to forget MSRP means manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price; not must not sell for a penny more ever.

When you have 10 or 20 people calling to get the same 1 or 2 allocations, it's best offer. Same as buying a house, best offer is taken.
You're right in a sense, but bringing the R's msrp up by 15k-20k would still allow the people who buy these still buy one without making ford look like scammers. Instead ford decided to market the R at least as an affordable sports car of today, but it's everything but affordable for the average

OP
OP
Steve68

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I don't think some of you even read the article. Nowhere does he suggest that it's not the dealer's prerogative to set their pricing, nor does he deny that supply and demand is involved. There's also a big difference between supply and demand, and some of the absolutely absurd markups we've seen by some dealers. (Not that they're getting them.)

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
True that. I talk pretty regularly with mine - including sending him track videos :D So happy with them, I drive over to their shop for my regular maintenance (couple hours away) while I am covered under my extended warranty.

Guess who I reached out to first about acquiring a Raptor? Really don't understand why some of the dealers in question have to be so greedy just for short-term gain. I guess they must know something we don't know :headbonk:
Who's your dealer, Honeybadger? I'm looking for the right place to take mine when the first oil change comes up. I hope to deal with a good one and stay with them. Bickford in Snohomish was great when "interviewed" by email. Others were, umm..., less impressive.

Thanks,

Krogen

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I said the same thing and all people said was supply and demand. ADM hurts everyone except the dealers. I'm sure alot the tech owners who are upset about overheating on the track paid ADM

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Well then maybe Ford should up the cost of specialty cars to the dealers; because that seems to be a lot of money that Ford is leaving on the table for the dealer.

You know supply and demand
It's not supply and demand!!. The fact dealers have 2016s still means they overpriced the cars
Sponsored