Sponsored

Wheel Recommendations

xplotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I am getting my GT350R in a couple of days and I want to track it. As many probably have done, I am going to take the wonderful Carbon wheels off and put them away. Yes, I know heresy, but I don't want to worry about them honestly. Can anyone recommend some good quality, relatively light wheels that can handle track duty? Not crazy money, but not cheapies either. Good balance of strength, weight, and cost.

Many thanks!
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Check out Signature Wheels. I and many others in here can personally vouch for the quality and the sales experience with @50 Deep.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I view wheels as consumables, so I get the 6gr's currently... plan is to replace them after 2 or 3 seasons, but depends on how often you go to the track and if your track is more rough on the wheels too... fully forged is better, but so far no cracking or issues noted with the 6gr cheaper spun forged yet and I also inspect lightly between sessions when i check rotors and pads, and after each event since i want to clean them and swap to street tires anyway.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Like most things, you get what you pay for. Signature offers very high quality at a reasonable price and have superior clearance compared to a lot of the other mainstream offerings. They also offer things like anti-slip knurling which you'll need unless you plan on slobbing the wheels up with bead adhesive and running a ton of pressure (under hard braking you'll get the wheels to spin on the rim and throw them out of balance).

There's horror pictures of what happens when you run a wheel with inadequate clearance and track debris gets crammed in between the barrel and the caliper.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Wheels are always a good topic of discussion. Definitely many routes to take in terms of getting what you need. One of the things we do best here at Signature is taking the time to custom build a wheel to your needs. Potential camber, tire selections, ride height, etc. This way I can customize the wheel for your driver level today, and where you will be 9 months from now.

Definitely check out our build album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2

And the full website:

www.signaturewheel.com

Our partners at the Ford Performance Racing School and many here can attest to the quality of the wheel and the fact we will be there for you with 24/7 assistance if you ever have one of those bad days at the track.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have direct experience but I've read good things about Apex wheels for track use on this site.

OP
OP

xplotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have to say thank you to everyone. I have been on Car Forums since they were mailing lists and I was waiting for all the responses telling me that I was wrong and I should do this, this, and this instead, everyone just posted like helpful adults. Very awesome, so thanks to everyone!

Drafty, love that color combo, it is not what I am getting sadly. Anyway, I looked that the SVE wheels by they say that they specifically WONT fit the GT350/GT350R.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
You should sell me your carbon fiber wheels then You can buy some other wheels and have money left over😂

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I have to say thank you to everyone. I have been on Car Forums since they were mailing lists and I was waiting for all the responses telling me that I was wrong and I should do this, this, and this instead, everyone just posted like helpful adults. Very awesome, so thanks to everyone!

Drafty, love that color combo, it is not what I am getting sadly. Anyway, I looked that the SVE wheels by they say that they specifically WONT fit the GT350/GT350R.
Pretty sure they have versions for the gt350 and diff offsets for normal gts.

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
you can also get the R350's without tires. they sell the wheels individually or as a set (19x10 with 19x11). interestingly, there's one guy who went 19x11 all around by using the GT350 rear 19x11 (et60) and the regular GT front 19x11 (et50) and added a 1" spacer to effectively make the front 19x11 ET24 which is basically the R fitment.

is the SVE R350 a full on track wheel? probably not but for spirited driving it's fine and good.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Actually for one of my sets I use the lmr sp2 pp2 replicas in square and rotatable 19x11 50mm offset using extended front studs and a 1" spacer. barrel to caliper clearance is very good. I like the look of the 6gr 10's better though and the little scrapes from the caliper clearance being tight don't really bother me, they are coated in brake dust and cant' see it most of the time anyway haha

sp2:
1608302574320.png

6gr 10 also square/rotatable:

1608302618162.png

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
also, using a 19x11 w/ 50mm offset for the rear is almost identical to the R-spec 19x11.5 as far as flushness to the fender is concerned.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand why you would track the car without the original carbon fiber wheels... It changes the handling.... As soon as you change the wheels, for some reason, it is no longer the same car. For street, I do understand to run different wheels.. why risk curbing the carbon ones...

I run 21 lbs front and rear Signature SV501 wheels on the street, the lightest you can get for this car in 19"... different car with these on (in a bad way).
I mean I know the CF wheels are expensive, but they are part of the car, everything has been tuned together...
Just my 2 cents, nothing more..

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase