Wheel lock Troubles

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don’t know what the hell that is but it’s not normal and isn’t a wheel lock.
Jeeze, that looks horrible! Sorry, I mean it looks like someone had wheel locks and shredded the lock nut, it looks deformed.
I got a 4 pack with my Bullitt and it came with a wheel lock socket, but didn't put them on as they are chrome and stick out, so I'm not using my locknuts.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Jeeze, that looks horrible! Sorry, I mean it looks like someone had wheel locks and shredded the lock nut, it looks deformed.
I got a 4 pack with my Bullitt and it came with a wheel lock socket, but didn't put them on as they are chrome and stick out, so I'm not using my locknuts.
I believe Cobra Jet was correct. They look like destroyed Rom Lox. They are never come off clean.

Haven't heard from OP for a few days. Maybe this was already resolved.

vlad_type_s-341195-albums-rimlox-15638-picture-20140311-224426-63850.jpg

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
C'mon man...
Read OPs post and look at the pics. He's not talking about ordinary locking Lug Nuts, he's talking about a specialty lock.
Wow so many guys giving answers without reading the whole post...
Or something...
Lol

OP
OP
S550Felipe

S550Felipe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felipe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I believe Cobra Jet was correct. They look like destroyed Rom Lox. They are never come off clean.

Haven't heard from OP for a few days. Maybe this was already resolved.

vlad_type_s-341195-albums-rimlox-15638-picture-20140311-224426-63850.jpg
Nope , Hasn’t been fixed . I’ve been asking shops everywhere and no one has seen anything like that. I think my last option is to maybe break the wheel stud and the lock ?

OP
OP
S550Felipe

S550Felipe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felipe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
For those that did not look at the images the OP posted, there’s no way any of the current online “tricks” will work on those lock nuts... there’s no room between the inside wheel lug wall and the edge of the lock nut. That’s the purpose of that type of design, it can’t be defeated by normal means.

It’s also too low into the lug socket to weld anything onto it to remove.

These 2 companies have the most advanced lug locks out there, but from their online designs, the OP’s lug lock does not appear to be similar, UNLESS it’s an older design.
https://advancedwheellocks.com/

http://rimlox.com/

OP can try contacting them with images, maybe they can offer some assistance.
I’m going to try contacting them . Thanks for the help !

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nope , Hasn’t been fixed . I’ve been asking shops everywhere and no one has seen anything like that. I think my last option is to maybe break the wheel stud and the lock ?
Sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to find someone who could help. Breaking the stud could be the best option and the safest for the wheel. Good luck.

DarrenMRRWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Get a high quality drill bit, a high speed drill and some lubricant. You'll need to drill the stud out and replace the stud. Contacting wheel lock companies will completely waste your time. Like calling Schlage looking for a deadbolt key.

OP
OP
S550Felipe

S550Felipe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felipe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Get a high quality drill bit, a high speed drill and some lubricant. You'll need to drill the stud out and replace the stud. Contacting wheel lock companies will completely waste your time. Like calling Schlage looking for a deadbolt key.
Should I drill directly in the center of the stud ?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Should I drill directly in the center of the stud ?
It’s not a matter of drilling into the center, it’s keeping the path of the drilling centered, otherwise you can destroy the lug hole of the rim or come through and go out on an angle, possibly causing other damages.

You also can’t just use a normal drill bit, it will dull very quickly.

Most shops or dealerships can drill out the stud. But be prepared that they may have you sign a document that they are not responsible for and can’t be held liable for any damages or extra costs caused by the removal process.
Sponsored