Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting thread, I did just BMR cradle lock-out & J&M aluminum bushing and am happy, but I haven't pushed the car extra hard as of yet. 2 burnouts straight line and various s curve exceleration and a chicane turn or two. I hope just vertical links will be the "Fix".
Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Here is paused footage from an undercar GoPro that shows the fore movement with stock LCA Bushings. Notice the position of the wheel/tire in the fenders when under load, then not under load. It is even worse when racing the car on a drag strip or road course, or during heavy loaded spirited street driving.
ah carp. I'm still going to have wheel hop with the cb005 kit then? Hopefully it calms down at least a little.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Wheel Hop is not consistent from car to car.

Some stock autos have it, some don't. Some PP cars have it worse than others, some people can rid of wheel hop with just tires and some cannot.

All of these parts help with Wheel Hop....but some can make it "SEEM" worse.

The best thing to do is follow a proven path and add a part or two at a time until you are content with the way the car performs.

The only solid and definite way to assure someone their wheel hop will be gone is to perform the most solid and hardcore parts for everyone bushing location - but the NVH gain is very significant when that is done.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Yes, those are our BK055 Bearings.

They are very popular and have had many people saying "damn, I wish I would have done this mod first before anything else"

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Another kit to consider is the Steeda Stop the Hop Kit ... very effective & priced well from an all in kit perspective:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

From this video, you can really get a good POV of the issue:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]dA0kzu4Ukzk[/MEDIA]"]

With that being said, we have taken several of our cars to the track & have have had great success with the kit:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]TIIHBcm0t2I[/MEDIA]"]

@SteedaTech can help put together a package that will meet & exceed your expectations.

With over 28 years of Designing, Engineering & Manufacturing parts for the Mustang ... Steeda is trusted source when it comes to your investment!

Best Regards,

TJ

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Toe Links to stop the hop?

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Yes, the inside rear wheel hop is maddening - it's by far my biggest pet peeve with the car. You simply cannot accelerate away from a stop while turning with any authority at all - at least not in a GTPP in stock form. Such a waste of the great Coyote motor - I can't fathom how anyone at Ford let this design out the door, but I digress....

I've got the LCA bearings, vertical links and diff bushings en route - toe bearings to follow. I will install each, alone, to analyze the affect on this problem. I do not have a problem with drag-launches as my car will never see one. It's the inside rear wheel while turning from a stop/slow speeds that I aim to resolve.
Sponsored