Sponsored

What's up with the 2k rattle?

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I think everyone in this thread has missed the original post that stated this was in a 5.2 Voodoo from a GT350 and not a Coyote motor. Unless this distinction doesn't matter and I'm taking crazy pills.

I also get a decent amount of audible piston slap with light throttle between 2-3k when the engine is warming up, literally 100% of the time I've had the car. Oil consumption has never been a huge issue and never changed though. 25k miles on mine as a daily.
No you are absolutely right. Not sure how I stumbled on GT350 thread. My bad.

I have heard the Voodoos have a lot of rattle. Not sure if it's the same thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Talliuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
From what I understand the voodoo 5.2 has a lot of parts from the gen 3 coyote. I might be wrong, but that is what I have heard. So makes sense the voodoo would tick like the coyote, but the rattle is much more pronounced in the voodoo in my opinion. Sounds like rod knock but it quiets down when the car is warmed up. I bought the extended ford warranty for mine and just been living with it.

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I would not expect rod knock to get better with temperature but I may be wrong. If it is rod knock personally I'd get that checked sooner rather than later by Ford.

If it's piston slap I've read it's just a thing with the Voodoos and nothing to be worried about as long as oil consumption remains constant and level is monitored.

Piston slap and rod knock are two very different sounds to me.

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
No you are absolutely right. Not sure how I stumbled on GT350 thread. My bad.

I have heard the Voodoos have a lot of rattle. Not sure if it's the same thing.
All good my man 😁
Sponsored