Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Interesting.. People keep mentioning this but I'm pretty darn sure ALL of my cars since the 80's had this feature.. that would include 3 Mustangs, 2000, 2011 and this one. Am I crazy or what?
My 2003 didn't do that. (I do love the feature)
Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
The back seats are bigger and more functional then most reviews claim. The key is that they are "deep". I fit my whole family in the car when I need to.

Wife is 5'3 and my 6' son sits behind her, plenty of space. Im 6' and my small 5'3 daughter sites behind me with plenty of space for her.

The only negative thing on the convertible is that it does not have a wind gate. The makes my daughters long hair actually whip me in the face from behind (the air flow goes from back to front in a convertible which is why cars like the S2000/Boxter/Z4 have wind gates in the rear.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
The back seats are bigger and more functional then most reviews claim. The key is that they are "deep". I fit my whole family in the car when I need to.

Wife is 5'3 and my 6' son sits behind her, plenty of space. Im 6' and my small 5'3 daughter sites behind me with plenty of space for her.

The only negative thing on the convertible is that it does not have a wind gate. The makes my daughters long hair actually whip me in the face from behind (the air flow goes from back to front in a convertible which is why cars like the S2000/Boxter/Z4 have wind gates in the rear.
Ditto, as long as you stagger the passenger heights, it's perfectly fine. At 5'6, someone taller than me can sit behind me without their knees touching my seat.

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
That when you're on cruise control and push the clutch in, cruise stays on and automatically resumes when you let it out. Other cars I've had all just shut it down.
That doesn't sound right or safe. The cutch pedal should disengage your cruise control upon pressing the clutch pedal. When you let the clutch pedal back out the cruise control should remain disengaged. (Owner's manual page 156)

"Disengaging the System
Press the brake pedal, press CNCL, or press the clutch pedal (if equipped). The last set speed displays in grey but will not erase."

Pressing the clutch pedal, brake pedal, Off, or Cancel should disengage cruise control until you press Set+ Set- or Resume to re-engage cruise control.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Interesting.. People keep mentioning this but I'm pretty darn sure ALL of my cars since the 80's had this feature.. that would include 3 Mustangs, 2000, 2011 and this one. Am I crazy or what?
my ram as the same feature

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG

2 SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT
i tried to stall the car on purpose by letting the clutch go in 1st with no throttle, the car revs to 1k and lets you creep along in traffic by only controlling the clutch
These cars I've had let you release the clutch without giving it gas in first gear :

2001 Camaro SS
2004 Cobra
2005 GTO

Pretty much any manual V8

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
this might help...
Press the Settings icon > Settings > Navigation, then select from the following:

Navigation

Map Preferences

Switch breadcrumbs on or off
Thanks. I'll give it a try after work.

Sponsored

paul1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't know if this was mentioned here, but today I discovered there is a secret compartment inside the glove box made just for your car manual.

When you pull down the glove box, you should see a yellow button. Press it and you'll see a tiny glove box inside the glove box!

Just found this - didn't even know it was there!!!!!

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Maybe not a cool feature, but you can't use the Sync voice command button while reversing. I guess it is a safety feature.

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a 2011 and all the features in this thread are welcome additions. lol The technology and features are what sold me on upgrading to a 2015.

I like the fact that I can turn off the seat belt reminder. One of the first things I did when I got my mustang lol
I have to read my owners manual still. But want to change this for sure. That is a nice option to have on or off.

Did you know... You can program one of your "My key" fobs to lockout functions like track/sport modes, set max radio volume, mute radio until seat belts are fastened and even set speed alert tones for when your kids are driving or you valet park your car?http://fordbrochures.com/2015/mustang/dtu/keyfob.php
I wish the MyTouch "valet Mode" did more than block anyone out of myTouch screen. If it could activate the MyKey features as well that would be awesome.
Sponsored