Sponsored

What's so Special about a California???????

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Love my 2020 CS. The alcantara interior with the red contrast stitching is beautiful. The side scoop is probably the only thing I’ll end up removing but other than that, I’m glad I went with the California Special.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Love my 2020 CS. The alcantara interior with the red contrast stitching is beautiful. The side scoop is probably the only thing I’ll end up removing but other than that, I’m glad I went with the California Special.
I’m not real big on non functional parts either but the scoop and door stripe are homages to the original 68’ GT/CS and that makes them even more special.

1616260052871.jpeg

Not mine, unfortunately!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not real big on non functional parts either but the scoop and door stripe are homages to the original 68’ GT/CS and that makes them even more special.

1616260052871.jpeg

Not mine, unfortunately!
it’s just the shape of it that I have a problem with on the 2018+. There are aftermarket scoops that compliment the lines better. So may swap it out.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

1616260052871.jpeg

Not mine, unfortunately!
My thoughts are probably similar to @Baldilocks'. The idea of a scoop may pay homage to the original CSs but unlike the originals the S550 doesn't lend itself to a really good looking side scoop and the CS version isn't even as nice looking as some aftermarket ones.

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I don't think I'm bias, even though I own a '19 GT/CS. (I've owned 7 Camaros).
The lower Qtr panel scoops look great, if you don't like them why buy a California Special?
And what aftermarket scoops do you think look better?
The best part of owning a GT/CS, its not like the zillion of GTs running around and the car guys/girls who own GTs usually start modifying them so they don't look like the zillions of other GTs. The GT/CS is already ahead of the game!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I'm bias, even though I own a '19 GT/CS. (I've owned 7 Camaros).
The lower Qtr panel scoops look great, if you don't like them why buy a California Special?
And what aftermarket scoops do you think look better?
The best part of owning a GT/CS, its not like the zillion of GTs running around and the car guys/girls who own GTs usually start modifying them so they don't look like the zillions of other GTs. The GT/CS is already ahead of the game!
These look way better and actually follow the lines of the side panel. The factory scoops just look weird from the side profile and make it look like an early SN95 Mustang.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-v-series-prepainted-side-scoops-1516.html
811C763C-73FC-403E-A27F-7FCC77F260FA.jpeg

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
You need to look at the car lines and the shadows they show, check out the curve shadow under the CS scoop, the scoop you show cuts right through those body lines. There is a reason FORD designers didn't bring it down to the rocker panel.
But, I don't mind the AM scoop, but wouldn't change, and I doubt I'd put it on a plain GT
100_5708.JPG

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
it’s just the shape of it that I have a problem with on the 2018+. There are aftermarket scoops that compliment the lines better. So may swap it out.
The GT/CS weren't made in 2018, only '19, '20 & '21, I doubt there will a '22, since they brought back the Tribute GT/CS' in 2007,they never made them more than 3 years in a row without gaps, never a big seller 4k-7K per year.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The factory scoops just look weird from the side profile and make it look like an early SN95 Mustang.
Actually it looks like a 1968 side scoop which it is what it is meant to be. You may not like it and that’s fine but the history is there.

77453E78-B2F8-482A-9584-F459598AD42B.jpeg

Gimmeabeer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Saw one just like this in Milwaukee today. Weather is breaking so nice cars are coming out here & there. Caught a light with an older gentleman (we're 3-4 cars back from light) both had windows down. Waved at him and said something like "nice horse," blah blah. Snooty bastard would barely look at me

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You need to look at the car lines and the shadows they show, check out the curve shadow under the CS scoop, the scoop you show cuts right through those body lines. There is a reason FORD designers didn't bring it down to the rocker panel.
But, I don't mind the AM scoop, but wouldn't change, and I doubt I'd put it on a plain GT
100_5708.JPG
To me it would look better extending all the way down where the line flares out ending where the body panels meet. Just like the MMD-V scoops. But to each his/her own.

Mikesc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
The ford designers did it right.
These look way better and actually follow the lines of the side panel. The factory scoops just look weird from the side profile and make it look like an early SN95 Mustang.

mustang1.jpg
Sponsored